Sign in to follow this  
Asmodeus

Tactical amphibious assault base (taab) released!

Update from the Everon Cartel Mod:

New Addon Pack available!

You can now download the ECL_TAAB addon pack!!

It requires OFP V1.85 and in the pack there are 6 completely new buildings designed for use in the sea, but compatible with land as well.  

TAAB stands for Tactical Amphibious Assault Base, which just refers to the overall design and intended

use of the pack.  This is unlike anything else in OFP that I have seen to date...

Here's some more details of the addons included:

ECL Isle-A small raised bunker on pillars with a radar dish, radar screen, and a helicopter landing pad on the roof.  It has a perfect area in the front for defending with hand held rockets and 2 places for M2 machine guns.  Ammo boxes can be setpos'd and hidden in the floor, but still accessed by the players!

ECL Dock-This is a dock that works with Mark II pbrs, Russian Patrol Boats, the LSD  and has a ramp that works with all amphibious vehicles!!!(bmps, m113s, brdms) The best way to use it with the LSD is to back it up to the ramp part of the dock.  

ECL Parking-This is a parking platform with a large empty front area. It is sized perfectly to fit with all the other addons. At the back of it, there is an area for "fast deployment" of the vehicles where the ground drops out. (you'll see!wink.gif Also, you can place a dock at the end and it will fit perfectly.

ECL Brrcks-A large barracks area with bunkbeds, lockers and a bunker area.  It also has a raised command bunker on top of it.  All of these are connected by ladders.

ECL Platform-A flat large platform on pillars.  Can also be used as a boat dock.  Good for connecting all the above addons.

ECL Platform_s-A smaller version of the above addon.

And some screenshots:

Barracks

overhead.jpg

We hope you have fun with this addon pack!  Please visit our website for more details and to download it!

http://www.everoncartel.com/news.htm

Also, please check the readme for more information and a known bugs list as well as credits and other info!

Asmodeus

edit: ralphwiggum: image size > 100kb

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Koolkid101 @ Jan. 04 2003,15:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I just can't find the place on the website to download it.<span id='postcolor'>

http://www.everoncartel.com/downloads.htm

Scroll to the bottom smile.gif

"Cannot load mission, missing addons: SPDgs, ECL_subdock, ECL_sub, ECL_blackop2"

mad.gif

I can't get it to work

i followed the instructions and i can't find the addons! And when i tried the misson it said something

Hmm it looks like there is some addons missing with it? I aint downloading tell the bugs worked out screenshots look good.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Jan. 04 2003,16:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That looks like something from James Bond.<span id='postcolor'>

It sure does! The only problem: where is the highly luxurious suite of the evil mastermind and the pool with sharks in it? biggrin.gif

ya all the pbos are only read only files so they wont work. hope u guys can fix it i mean it looks kinda cool confused.gif

O.K. now that I'm awake.. we can see about getting those small problems fixed for you all ;D

"Cannot load mission, missing addons: SPDgs, ECL_subdock, ECL_sub, ECL_blackop2"

The subdock and submarine we're keeping for ourselves for now... as they will both play a role in our campaign....

and the Blackop2 is just the dude I happen to have holding the Steyr TMP I am currently working on wink.gif

Not so sure what the SPDgs is .... perhaps Asmodeus knows what it is ..

Regarding the files being readonly... can't you just select the .pbo file... go to properties , and uncheck the read only box?

We will definately remedy the missing addons problem.... (by making sure there aren't any extras in there) and please let me know what's up with the read-only problem

Kaliyuga

3Dmodels/Textures/Plot Development

Everon Cartel

It works now i confused some of the stuff with the Victorias Secret billboard

Ooops! Sorry about that everyone! The read-only thing was due to Kaliyuga's cd burner... For some reason it does that to all files he burns...

As far as the missing addons for the mission... Very strange. Thought I took those out.. But I double checked the mission.sqm and did see those addons in the ECL Island one... The TaabMission one looked fine and should work. RIght?

I have uploaded the updated version where the files are not read only and the missions should be fixed. (same place)

http://www.everoncartel.com/news.htm

and then just click on the "downloads" link or the "get Taab now" button on the news page.

Also I have uploaded a zip with the 2 fixed missions in it, if that's all you need.

http://www.everoncartel.com/missions.zip

Thanks for the feedback on that stuff!

Asmodeus

P.S. Never saw any of the newer Bond movies... Is that what you're referring to?

Do you think you can make one of these bases shaped like an aircraft carrier? That way we could land jets on it!

The sub is a project that we are still working on.  It definately won't be released until it is done, and probably not until our campaign using it is released...   wink.gif

Thanks for the interest and compliments!   smile.gif

About the aircraft carrier looking thingy you want...  There are some actual ones already in progress that I know of... I would wait for that if you want an aircraft carrier.  However, in the ECL_Island.intro sample mission, you will see a little to the North of the base you start in is a large runway that I have successfully landed and taken off of in an A10!   wink.gif

Asmodeus

P.S. For those missions to work, you must have editor update 1.02 due to the fact that I setpos'd sandbags for the M2 machine guns as well as put warning signs in certain places....