Mod version : 0.1.3 (08/12/2019)

Disclaimer : "Contact Mod" is not related in any way to the Arma 3 Contact Expansion. It is a continuation of an original project released in July 2018.

948d631914d111b446ed279c25f7e94f.jpg

Greetings Earth

Welcome to the Contact Mod. Contact is a lightweight modification bringing aliens to Arma 3 : meet the "Hexos", a hive mind species from outer space. Contact adds a new faction, available to all sides, with scripted UFOs. It is designed to provide an easy-to-use tool for mission making and offers a flexible solution for your close encounter scenarios. Alien ships are editor-ready and can be manipulated through the usual editing tools : turn them into killing machines, have them control occupied cities after the invasion, or make them fight each others... The only limit is your curiosity.

Features

Alien ships available to all 3 sides :

Includes scripted features, designed for seamless integration with the 3den editor.

UFO customisation modules for 3den : WIP

Immersion modules for 3den : WIP

Screenshots

Spoiler

C8561850858573BDFAD440D4F45FF96F0411A53FB9F5A34AF049DDA0FFF3EE0AC28B84AE1B8117A36C03627DAD47740959EA6964DCF9297D21E5A33BE8628054688FC2332CE9019E8A36B584A81651B6B7CF071FF0AFCACCE47BC838314DFB781D6F950E

Known Issues

- UFOs are invisible in 3den editor : they are dynamically generated after mission start.

- UFOs can't be remote-controlled with Zeus.

Changelog

Spoiler

v0.1.3
Moved module to the "Contact Mod" section.
Adjusted UFO behaviour when killed.

v0.1.2
Minor fix for visual glitch.
Adjusted sensor data for targeting.
Both AA and AT should happily engage aliens now.
Missiles and launchers AI can now lock on aliens.
Visual tweaks.
*Previous saves may not be compatible.

v0.1.1
Added "Zeus" support.
Various config tweaks.
Tanks and other armor units can engage UFOs.

Download Link : Contact 0.1.3

0437E3F54CD5703591BFABCB7583E52C0B163379

License
88x31.png
Contact Mod by Haleks is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available on request.
Using Contact Mod on monetized servers is strictly forbidden.

You may not reupload this mod on Steam.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

So cool to see this becoming an actual modification....(and i'm glad to see your keeping the original name too) 

Knowing your love of sci-fi I expect this to highly enjoyable and it should work really well with the new assets from the Contact Expansion.

Looking forward to some spooky HalX-Files this summer.👽

• Like 2

Hello guys,

I've uploaded a preview build on Patreon : fully functionnal UFOs, and a Settings module.

The module will be expanded before public release, I will add weaponry options to it : mission makers will be able to choose between the current projectiles system and a big ass ray à la Independence Day.

It should be safe to start using them in your missions, just keep in mind that the preview has UFOs in their default implementation.

Currently it's for premium supporters, I will open it to all supporters next week once I've changed the tiers settings on my page.

Public release should happen in 2 or 3 weeks.

• Thanks 5

So will there there be the big ships only or also somekind of small fighters or drones for the Alien faction ? Also we need a Los Angeles map now 😂

On 6/2/2019 at 8:46 PM, Private Evans said:

So will there there be the big ships only or also somekind of small fighters or drones for the Alien faction ? Also we need a Los Angeles map now 😂

Small fighters are under consideration : the whole approach behind UFOs is unorthodox, so it requires a lot of fiddling, hit & miss testing.

By the way, I've made some changes on Patreon : all items including the Contact preview are available to all supporters.

Hi guys, here's a small update on the project :

I'm finally 100% operational, thanks to the help provided by the inner Ravage community with my hardware problems.

I took some time this week-end to polish the current build, and I'm pretty happy with the results (all the critical issues present in the Patreon Demo are fixed). I haven't added any new features yet, right now the only thing you can tweak is the UFOs damage resistance, but I think there is a solid enough base for a first release. I play-tested them on several terrains; performances are good and I had a lot of fun trying to take them down with my Blackfoot. ^^

The only annoying thing that remains to be fixed : the infantry doesn't use RPG launchers on UFOs... I'll try to resolve that before the release; AA infantry is the most efficient way to fight those aliens as they take more time to spot soldiers on foot (tanks are usually wrecked pretty quick).

Keep your guns loaded guys, they are very close!

• Like 2

Contact!

The Contact Mod is now publicly available on Steam Workshop. This first version includes basic features for mission making : scripted UFOs for 3den editor, and a UFO customisation module (WIP).

Future updates will add more customisation options, as well as demo scenarios.

The mod is very much WIP, but I think it's solid enough for a first release, and should provide some decent fun already!

Enjoy guys!

@R0adki11: I think it's time to move this thread to the complete addons section. 😉

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, haleks said:

I think it's time to move this thread to the complete addons section. 😉

Moved as requested. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

It's fantastic!!! You are genius, haleks!

Can we also somehow customize or change the look of UFO to more classical like in the 90's movies? 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Realthinged said:

It's fantastic!!! You are genius, haleks!

Can we also somehow customize or change the look of UFO to more classical like in the 90's movies? 😁

I used a makeshift solution to create the current UFO model (several objects being assembled at mission start), so what's possible to do mostly depends on what assets are available.

I have several possible designs in mind (one of them is very much inspired by the Close Encounters of the Third Kind movie) ; they're more complex so it's going to take time to add them to the mod.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Small update :

v0.1.1
Added "Zeus" support.
Various config tweaks.
Tanks and other armor units can engage UFOs.

Don't try to remote-control UFOs with Zeus, it won't work at the moment.

UFOs are a bit more fragile with this update (and tanks can deliver devastating blows), so you'll probably need to decrease the damage multiplier in your existing missions.

Have fun guys!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

This is such a great mod, I love the flares that seek & destroy.

My only feedback would be to lower the hitpoints on the ship. I sat with unlimited ammo in a tigris hammering it for 20 minutes with no results. Unfortunately it is a bullet sponge with God Mode on.

It is so creative the way you have pieced the ship together, 10 out of 10. I'll try and get Maca to add this to A3 Launcher.

• Like 1

I am going to try adding an event handler to multiply damage & setdamage at 0.8 :

_vehicle = "ct_o_halienBrain_f" createVehicle position player;

_vehicle setDamage 0.8;
_vehicle addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {((_this select 2)/1.5)}];

🙂 Thanks again for sharing this, such a cool mod.

@aussie battler: Have a look in the modules section : there is a settings module under "Contact". You can use it to adjust the damage resistance of UFOs.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, haleks said:

@aussie battler: Have a look in the modules section : there is a settings module under "Contact". You can use it to adjust the damage resistance of UFOs.

@haleks you are a legend. I was looking at the code in the mod & it didnt even click that the settings for the module was there. 

The module works like a boss.

cheers mate
20190715212114_1.jpg

• Like 4

Hello earthlings!

The Contact Mod received a couple updates today - here's the changelog :

v0.1.2
Minor fix for visual glitch.
Adjusted sensor data for targeting.
Both AA and AT should happily engage aliens now.
Missiles and launchers AI can now lock on aliens.
Visual tweaks.
*Previous saves may not be compatible.

v0.1.3
Moved module to the "Contact Mod" section.
Adjusted UFO behaviour when killed.

With the latest changes, the AI should be a lot more enthusiastic about engaging alien ships, including planes. 😉 

Have fun everyone!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6