Gemini

"Pending approval" alert

3 hours ago, Gemini said:

Why is that ?

Because it's pending approval and noone has approved it yet.

Our automatic spam detection has probably flagged it for manual approval.
Next time, any time you need to talk to a moderator (moderators approve posts) just use the "Report Post" button on your post.

I've approved it for you now.

• Thanks 3

Thank you for the reply, I didn't know that.

Had that myself a few times with my co10_Escape thread. The spam detection seems to trigger when you edit the first post in a thread with a lot of answers and the post contains links.

• Thanks 1

OK good to know, I can confirm I sometimes have to edit the first post of the thread.

Hello,

I had to edit again the first post of this topic and so it's now again under "pending approval" status. I have reported it yesterday with the appropriate button but I'm not sure that's working, can a moderator help ?

Thank you.

On 3/15/2020 at 9:40 AM, Gemini said:

I have reported it yesterday with the appropriate button but I'm not sure that's working

didn't work, we have no report of that thread/post. I approved it.

Also we get notifications for new posts that need approval, but not for edited posts, so we have even more delay on such.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Dedmen.

So if I understand, I would need to ask here every time I edit the first post... I apologize in advance about that.

Thank you again anyway.

16 minutes ago, Gemini said:

So if I understand, I would need to ask here every time I edit the first post...

reporting your post should work. I don't know why it didn't work for you.

• Thanks 1

Hello,

I'm very sorry to disturb again but once again I had to update a link on this post.

As always it turned the whole thread under approval so I reported it with the proper button but I guess that's still not working.

Can you please check ?

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Gemini said:

As always it turned the whole thread under approval so I reported it with the proper button but I guess that's still not working.

How do you know reporting is not working? it indeed isn't but why? Tons of other people report content on a daily basis, they have no problem reporting posts.

• Thanks 1

I've reported it about 24 hours ago and it was still in "pending approval" status so I supposed that it didn't work this time neither.

For information I'm using Chrome and I have disabled my ad blocker so I agree, there is no reason reports are not working for me only.

Next time I can take screenshots or make a video capture of the operation if it can help ?

Anyway thanks again for the approval.

Is it possible your browser is blocking the pop up that says "are you sure you want to report this post" and so the report process isn't being completed?

• Thanks 1

I don't have any pop up that asks me a confirmation but I have a notification that confirms the report ("Thanks for your report") after I've sent it.

capture.jpg

I've reported the post for test now, do you still don't see it ?

1 minute ago, Gemini said:

I don't have any pop up that asks me a confirmation but I have a notification that confirms the report ("Thanks for your report") after I've sent it.

capture.jpg

There is a pop up. I think we can't rely on the "thank you for reporting" page being shown as definate evidence the report was actually sent.

• Thanks 1

Strange. I did report the post with Internet Explorer a few seconds ago, I have no pop-up neither that asks a confirmation. 

Anyway I'll try to avoid to edit this post as much as possible but I have sometimes to update several things so again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your help guys, I appreciate.

4 hours ago, Gemini said:

Got it now

Rest report for :

Tested with Internet Explorer instead of Google Chrome.

Sorry for disturbing.

• Thanks 1

OK so it seems that it's working with IE and not with Chrome, I'll try to keep it in mind for the next time.

Thanks again and take care of yourselves mates.

Just to add, it works fine for me and Firefox

Hello,

Is there any chance that reporting a post doesn't work if the thread is under "pending approval" status ?

I have reported this post again, with Internet Explorer, but I'm not sure it worked as I did it during the last night and the thread is still pending approval.

The only time you receive my report was the test I made with IE while the thread was online.

Sorry to disturbe you again with that and thanks again for your help.

1 hour ago, Gemini said:

Is there any chance that reporting a post doesn't work if the thread is under "pending approval" status ?

I'd call it low, we had many people report their pending posts to remind about them

Hello, I had to edit this post again: I have reported it with both IE and Chrome, I hope one of them worked: if not can you please help again ? Thanks in advance.

On 4/3/2020 at 6:30 PM, Gemini said:

Hello, I had to edit this post again: I have reported it with both IE and Chrome, I hope one of them worked: if not can you please help again ? Thanks in advance.

Issue has now been resolved.

• Thanks 2