ALPHIVE

How activate say3D for all players on my server through addaction ?

Hi everybody,

I tried everyything but no one worked :'( ...

I want, when i push "Activate alarm" on my computer, that everybody in my base heard the alarm

I use actually this command  alarmFB2 say3D  ["Sirenair", 1500, 1]; in alarm1.sqf, and in my mission i call this script through this addAction["Activate Alarm", "scripts\alarm1.sqf"]; (that i placed on INIT in a computer)

But when my server is up, im the only one who heard it ...

So my question is : is there a way for players on my server heard my say3D when i activate through call to action ? Is there a command i miss ? 

Thank you for you help guys

Hello there ALPHIVE !

Try this :

[alarmFB2,["Sirenair", 1500, 1]] remoteExec ["say3d",0,true];

Hi George, do i place this in my SQF file "alarm1.sqf" ?

Or just after addaction ?

What George sent you should replace your lines so change

alarmFB2 say3D  ["Sirenair", 1500, 1];

with

[alarmFB2,["Sirenair", 1500, 1]] remoteExec ["say3d",0,true];

that George sent you.

• Like 1

It works also inline with addaction if you want to keep that stuff short but harder to read:

this addAction["Activate Alarm", {([alarmFB2,["Sirenair", 1500, 1]] remoteExec ["say3d",0,true];}];

• Like 2

I will try that thank you for your help guys !

• Like 2

13 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

It works also inline with addaction if you want to keep that stuff short but harder to read:

this addAction["Activate Alarm", {([alarmFB2,["Sirenair", 1500, 1]] remoteExec ["say3d",0,true];}];

Neo i got an error when i place this on INIT box of my computer : 1559213117-capture.png

And, based on this command,

if i want activate the song on severals objects in same time, how can i do ? (for exemple i want activate alarm on "AlarmFB2", "AlarmFB3" and "AlarmFB4" objects)

Well, the error you get is because you have an opening parenthesis (or brackets, depends on where you live :P) but you never close it. I believe it is not needed and NeoArmaggedon placed it accidentally (or coded it differently before he sent you this version and forgot to delete it).

Regarding your question about simultaneous activation the easiest and most straight forward way to do it is to call remoteExec as many times as you want with different arguments. Meaning, in every call you give the appropriate siren you want to "activate" (where you have AlarmFB1 you place AlarmFB2, and in the next AlarmFB3 and so on and so forth...).

I am not sure if you can give multiple sirens to say3D and I can't look it up right now. I will have a look later on and let you know.

So to sum up:

Instead of just one remoteExec you place as many as you want (I am sure there is a better way than that, but I don't have enough time at the moment to find a neat and easy way). So, an example would be:

this addAction["Activate Alarm", {[alarmFB2, ["Sirenair", 1500, 1]] remoteExec ["say3d", 0, true];
                                  [alarmFB3, ["Sirenair", 1500, 1]] remoteExec ["say3d", 0, true];
                                  [alarmFB4, ["Sirenair", 1500, 1]] remoteExec ["say3d", 0, true];}];

This will "activate" three alarms named alarmFB2, alarmFB3 and alarmFB4.

Hope this helps, at least for the moment and to give you an idea of how you could just hardcode all the sirens you want to activate. I will do my best to find a neater solution as soon as possible to provide.

Please don't hesitate to ask again if something goes wrong or you need clarifications.

• Like 1

Really, thank you for your precious help 😄 (i placed the missing parenthesis)

The command worked perfectly and players on my servers listened the alarm 🙂 i will try your synchro say3D script ! 😄

Beside this, im really happy to see someone that takes time to explain clearly like that

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ZaellixA said:

Well, the error you get is because you have an opening parenthesis (or brackets, depends on where you live :P) but you never close it. I believe it is not needed and NeoArmaggedon placed it accidentally (or coded it differently before he sent you this version and forgot to delete it).

I just copy and pasted the lines from the first post together on my mobile 😛

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ALPHIVE said:

Beside this, im really happy to see someone that takes time to explain clearly like that

Bi Forum so far , is an active community , with a lot of helpful members   !

• Like 1

To reduce redundancy you can use a foreach and an array of objects

this addAction["Activate Alarm", {{[_x, ["Sirenair", 1500, 1]] remoteExec ["say3d", 0, true];} foreach [alarmFB2,alarmFB3,alarmFB4];}];

Also not tested. Any error is an exercise in SQF debugging for you 😛

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NeoArmageddon said:

To reduce redundancy you can use a foreach and an array of objects

this addAction["Activate Alarm", {{[_x, ["Sirenair", 1500, 1]] remoteExec ["say3d", 0, true];} foreach [alarmFB2,alarmFB3,alarmFB4];}];

Also not tested. Any error is an exercise in SQF debugging for you 😛

I guess this is as clear as it can get without placing the commands in a different .sqf. Thanks NeoArmaggeddon

• Like 1

Everything work perfectly, thank you all of you guys ! 

• Like 2

One last thing : addAction is local, just like say3D. If you want the action itself to show up on all clients :

[this, ["Activate Alarm", {{[_x, ["Sirenair", 1500, 1]] remoteExec ["say3d", 0]} foreach [alarmFB2,alarmFB3,alarmFB4]}]] remoteExec ["addAction", 0, true];

• Like 3

3 hours ago, haleks said:

One last thing : addAction is local, just like say3D. If you want the action itself to show up on all clients :

[this, ["Activate Alarm", {{[_x, ["Sirenair", 1500, 1]] remoteExec ["say3d", 0]} foreach [alarmFB2,alarmFB3,alarmFB4]}]] remoteExec ["addAction", 0, true];

Yep, that's about right, good point haleks.

It may seem a bit complicated but don't worry, a lot of "one-liners" may be. You can divide it in parts if it gets you confused.

Once more, if you find yourself in a deadlock don't hesitate to ask.

• Like 1