madrussian

Global Mobilization and CUP compatibility (config error)

Quick question on running GM and CUP together.

I’m sure there is no guaranteed (or even implied?) compatibility, but with both loaded I am getting config error when creating certain GM vehicles, specifically “gm_ge_army_gepard1a1” and “gm_ge_army_Leopard1a1a1”.  (Seems all APCs and Tanks in these families have this issue).  The config error is “No entry ‘bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Tank_F/Sounds/Engine.frequency’.”  With only GM loaded, creating these vehicles works just fine (no config errors).

My dynamic mission (releasing soon) always uses air assets, and GM currently has none.  So when playing with GM I’m using CUP air assets as stand-ins until GM air assets should become available, so in this case both GM and CUP are more or less required.  I’ve managed to keep my 2.16MB mission clean from script errors (fingers crossed), and I do my best to eliminate all the config errors I come across by creating workarounds in my code, etc, and by reporting these config incompatibilities to the mods’ creators.  (Reported a similar RHS & IFA3 and they fixed it.)

Would be nice if this great DLC (GM) and this great mod (CUP) worked 100% nicely together.  Btw - As far as I can tell aside from this config error issue, they do play very well together!

Anyhow, to those experienced with this sort of config error:  Does this sounds like a CUP issue or a GM issue?  (Or both or neither?)  I’ll report it appropriately.  Thanks! :smile_o:

• Like 1

Heya, this issue was already known before GM released and was addressed the same day it was reported to the CUP team.

I assume your installation is not using the latest CUP version. You can read up on the initial bug report here:

• Like 2

The problem was indeed a small config error in CUP and was fixed on the release date of GM.

As we had no major update since then, the fix is only present in the dev version of CUP (you find it as a seperate package on Steam). The fix will be rolled out with the next major update of CUP (soon™).

Albeit the error is annoying, it does not break anythink important (as far as we investigated) and you can safely ignore it until the next update or use the dev version until than.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1