Sign in to follow this  
amos m

Force feedback effects are weak

I have just bought a Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 because I love force feedback in games. I have tried it in OFP, but the effects are weak as, and the centre springing won't even work.

I did a search on this topic and found a post for 1 year ago by someone complaining about the same thing. (I didn't bump it cause I thought 1 year is a bit old)

I know force feedback works because about 2 yrs ago when I bought this game I had a Logitech Force 3D and force feedback worked great. That joystick died just outside it's used by date. I went for about a year with out any game devices, then I got a Logitech Cordless Rumblepad, and again the force feedback was good, but this controller didn't like my computer for some reason and would rarely work. So I refunded it and got this Sidewinder.

I also own and still sometimes play Descent 3, and in this game the force effects do not even work at all, although the centre springing works at least.

Now I'm assuming this problem with this particular device has been around since the game was released, and that it is common to all who own this game device and not just me. So since this is a popular brand of joystick, and a respected brand also (well, their peripherals are respected, and I guess even their software is too. I know the company isn't) does BIS think they can do something about this bug.

Please please please. I love this game and I love this joystick too (when it works). Please make my OFP experience all the more enjoyable.