TERRAIN NOT SUPPORTED ANYMORE, FUTURE WORK HANDED OVER TO @Igor Nikolaev

banner.jpg

Vacant is a post-apocalyptic terrain located in the South-West region of the United States. It is a very arid-desert climate that is home to small highway towns, rough mountains, and even some surprising hidden locations. Try not to get lost, and watch out for snakes. 

Map Size: 8km by 8km

Cell Size: 2m

Required Addons: None

Project has been my baby for the last 5 months. Certainly a pleasure to finally release it, and I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I will!

Special Thanks:

Everyone over at the A3 Terrain-Dev Discord (without them, none of this would have been possible

@haleks (for creating a mod that inspired a simple mission maker to venture into the world of terrain building)

OlaHaldor (for his amazing color map basis that he designed specifically for this terrain)

Everyone in my gaming community that put up with me bouncing countless ideas off them (-WWF-)

Any questions, criticism, comments, or pictures are welcome here.

Download Link:

(Steam Workshop) https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1754027265

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Congrats on the release and great job on that hidden location. I won't say where it is but it's very cool indeed 😀👍

Awesome little terrain, it's just like an American version of Shapur. 👍

I love the way it's surrounded by the mountains, makes it very immersive from ground level.

+1 for adding ambient birds. 

Maybe my download was fubar but I have no environmental sounds at all, no wind sound, no rain sound, no ambient sounds. In fact there are no soundsets registered in the config.

All i can hear are player sounds and the crowes and eagles...   

5 hours ago, EO said:

Awesome little terrain, it's just like an American version of Shapur. 👍

I love the way it's surrounded by the mountains, makes it very immersive from ground level.

+1 for adding ambient birds. 

Maybe my download was fubar but I have no environmental sounds at all, no wind sound, no rain sound, no ambient sounds. In fact there are no soundsets registered in the config.

All i can hear are player sounds and the crowes and eagles...   

Means a lot coming from you ;).

Hmm, interesting on the sounds. Will look at it later today and get it updated.

6 hours ago, thebuckfastwine said:

Just done some exploring very cool work 

Love the post man, thanks! Might have borrowed some of your photos for the Steam page if that's not a problem. Most people have much more of a knack for that then I do. 👍

• Like 3

@acoustic: Simply inheriting from an existing terrain should be enough to fix the sounds issues.

Use this

class Vacant : Altis {...};

Instead of this

class Vacant : CAWorld {...};

Choose whatever terrain has the best audio for your own. Unless you want to define and configure everything yourself with custom sounds of course.

Congratulations on the release by the way! I'll happilly explore this new playground! 😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, haleks said:

@acoustic: Simply inheriting from an existing terrain should be enough to fix the sounds issues.

Use this

class Vacant : Altis {...};

Instead of this

class Vacant : CAWorld {...};

Choose whatever terrain has the best audio for your own. Unless you want to define and configure everything yourself with custom sounds of course. 🙂

Having to get more specific then that, as the technology that BI uses now ties sounds to actual objects as well. (in fact, most of the sounds are designed like that now). Working on a custom sound list.

• Like 1

There's no need to do that ^^

Currently your class EnvSounds and class CfgEnvSpatialSounds entries are empty....

class EnvSounds
		{
			class CfgEnvSpatialSounds
			{
			};
		};

Just remove the above code from your map config and the sounds return.....tested and works just fine. :rthumb: 

• Like 2

The Environment spatial sounds is the new system that ties audio to objects. In vanilla (for example) birds are tied to a lot of the bushes I used in the arid area. Which creates a rather..unique sound list lol.

I am copying Altis's list and editing it currently.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, acoustic said:

Any questions, criticism, comments, or pictures are welcome here.

Spoiler

IwmDX3t.jpg

hhL1tm7.jpg

OISPzKM.jpg

Such a cool terrain man, sounds great now!! :don8:

• Like 4

Will have to check this one out for sure. 

Large update, change-log located on the Steam Workshop page. Changing version to 2.0.

• Like 3