eqGMtLY.png

by wsxcgy

What is East Wind Rearmed?

East Wind Rearmed is a project that aims to re-imagine the factions provided to us by Bohemia Interactive in Arma 3 with a variety of more contemporary assets, chiefly from Global Mobilization - Cold War Germany by Vertexmacht and RHS Escalation by Red Hammer Studios. Taking inspiration from real world, modern day equivalents, while also attempting to stay relatively true to the factions as BIS imagined them, East Wind Rearmed will add new factions complete with vehicles, statics, groups, and a variety of gear items. The objective is bringing the factions back to the 2010s rather than the 2030s, while still working more or less within the setting provided by Bohemia Interactive.

East Wind Rearmed: Altis Armed Forces

Spoiler

dRqy3kb.jpg

Summary

Taking cues from the real world Hellenic Armed Forces, Cypriot National Guard, and the Armed Forces of Malta, this rework of the AAF sees them assume a variety of surplus European military equipment. The main camouflage uniform of the AAF is an indigenous digital camouflage, simply referred to as "Digi", however there remains many older Greek-styled "Lizard" pattern uniforms in the inventory. Their main combat rifle is the G3 Battle Rifle, however some specialized units are equipped with some G36 and F2000 carbines, and covering fire comes primarily from MG3 Machine Guns. The force is comprised of mechanized infantry mostly utilizing M113A1 APCs, motorized infantry utilizing Unimog and MAN trucks, light infantry, raider forces, and conscript infantry. The AAF also operates Leopard 1 tanks. The Air Wing operates UH-1H and CH-47 utility helicopters, a few C130 transport aircraft, and a handful of ex-Czech JAS-39 and L-159 light fighters. 

Screenshots

https://imgur.com/a/rBxFxXa

Requirements

Arma 3

Arma 3 Creator DLC Global Mobilization

RHS USAF

RHS AFRF

RHS GREF

RHS SAF

Download

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1753176082 - Steam Workshop

Credits

Bohemia Interactive Studios - A lot of inheritances and a lot of things used as reference

Red Hammer Studios - Infantry gear, statics, some other Stuff.

Vertexmacht - Vehicles, Weapons

East Wind Rearmed: FIA Insurgency

Spoiler

Yl0Lzbi.jpg

Summary

Taking inspiration from the original Arma 3 FIA faction as well as insurgent factions in past Arma titles, the FIA is now has a more traditional guerilla look. Composed mainly of Altis Armed Forces and National Police deserters, the Freedom and Independence Army insurgency's equipment has a lot of crossover with the AAF. They are armed primarily with weapons and munitions captured from the AAF such as the G3A3 rifle and other weapons from unknown sources such as numerous Kalashnikov pattern rifles. Rumors have it that they may even be in possession of captured APCs from the AAF, but the government denies these claims. Lacking in armor, air support, munitions, and supplies, the AAF must rely on asymmetrical warfare techniques. Consequently, the primary mode of transportation for the guerillas is repurposed civilian vehicles, including pickup trucks and utility trucks. While the backbone of the movement lies mostly in former soldiers and police, the push for freedom has swept up members of the civilian population as well.

Screenshots

https://imgur.com/a/ir25rBv

Requirements

Arma 3

RHS USAF

RHS AFRF

RHS GREF

RHS SAF

Download

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1770331283 - Steam Workshop

Credits

Bohemia Interactive Studios - A lot of inheritances and a lot of things used as reference

Red Hammer Studios - Infantry gear, statics, some other Stuff.

East Wind Rearmed: Livonian Defense Force

Spoiler

u20SCbr.jpg

Summary

Taking inspiration from the armed forces of Poland and Lithuania, Livonia's in-universe neighbors, EWR LDF represents a smaller military in the process of westernizing. Livonian infantry wear the standardized geometric camouflage uniform, while some second line units use older polish-style uniforms. While their standard service weapon is the HK G36, some reserve soviet-era AKM rifles remain in use. Primary means of transportation for the LDF are the M113s transferred from Denmark, newly purchased humvees, and a variety of cargo trucks, however older soviet-era vehicles remain in use in some places. Livonia mainly relies on NATO for air assets, however they maintain a small fleet of helicopters and transports. All vehicles are painted in a standard NATO green.

Screenshots

https://imgur.com/a/5xYchbo

Requirements

Arma 3

Arma 3 Contact

RHS USAF

RHS AFRF

RHS GREF

RHS SAF

Download

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2272497357 - Steam Workshop

Credits

Red Hammer Studios - Infantry gear, statics, vehicles, weapons.
Toadie2k - G36 models, textures, materials, etc.

East Wind Rearmed: CSAT

Spoiler

C5BukR8.jpg

Summary

Inspired by factions of the battlefield series such as the PLR, PLA, and MEC, EWR CSAT reimagines the vanilla CSAT with a more contemporary look. CSAT maintains a presense all over the globe, in the pacific, mediterranean, and even into parts of eastern europe with newly-joined member state Belarus. All main-line CSAT combat units wear a localized variation of the chinese-developed hexagonal camouflage uniform, however some lower-tier units may still use older camouflages. Service rifles vary by nation, but it is common to see KH-2002, QBZ-95, and AK-74 rifles in use. Military industry between treaty members is largely unified, and assisted by the Russian Federation, with much of the manufacturing carried out in China. All CSAT vehicles tend to follow the same camouflaging schemes, with modifications for different environments. A variety of tanks, APCs, helicopters, fighter aircraft, artillery, and air defense resources are at the disposal of CSAT, primarily Chinese adaptations of Russian designs, some that have never even seen use with Russia at all, such as with the cutting-edge T-100.

Screenshots

https://imgur.com/a/1EyBdNz

Requirements

Arma 3

RHS USAF

RHS AFRF

RHS GREF

RHS SAF

Download

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2272519197- Steam Workshop

Credits

Bohemia Interactive Studios - Infantry gear, weapons, vehicles

Red Hammer Studios - Infantry gear, statics, vehicles

Sam181 from CGTrader - QBZ-95

AveryTheKitty - Headset UI icon picture

Downloads

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1753212142 - Steam Workshop Collection

Discord

While definitely not significant enough to warrant its own server, EWR does now have a section on the A3 Hub discord sever!

https://discord.gg/muKRpD7

Changelog

Spoiler

May 27th, 2019

AAF v1.0

-Initial Release

June 14th. 2019

AAF v1.1

-Fixed Zeus compatibility

-Small error corrections

FIA v1.0

-Initial Release

October 30th, 2020

AAF v1.2

-Added Do 28, Bo 105

-Added Iltis (MG3)
-Tweaked appearance of raiders

-General bug fixes
FIA v1.1

-Fixed Zeus compatibility

-General bug fixes

LDF v1.0

-Initial Release

CSAT v1.0

-Inital Release

November 1st, 2020

AAF v1.3

-General bug fixes

LDF v1.1

-Added Machingunner (PKM)

-Bug fixes

CSAT v1.1

-Added CSAT North Africa
-Added T-72, T-55, BMP-1, Ural, Iltis

-Reworked European vehicle camo
-Rearranged some factions
-Bug fixes

Special Thanks

Bohemia Interactive - this one doesn't really need explanation.

Vertexmacht - thanks for GM. the expansion itself is largely what inspired this in the first place.

Red Hammer Studios - thanks for your addons. a lot of top-notch stuff.

Nightmare515, Chairborne, TheEvanCat, jarrad96 - provided guidance and troubleshooting help, thanks a ton, wouldn't have made it here without yall.

• Like 21

Great stuff. Love the digital lizard pattern and M113 camo. Really nice! 🙂

• Thanks 1

As ever, your texture work is outstanding! This is a really cool project, can't wait to see where it goes from this strong initial offering!

• Like 2

FIA Faction has been released. See first post for downloads+info.

• Like 9

Outstanding! Well done and looking forward to the rest.

• Thanks 1

absolutely awesome addon!

Many many thanks for releasing it. I already have tons of ideas of what to do with these guys, one question however: would you consider adding a reskinned version of the Bergepanzer aaaaand Maybe even the "strider/gorgon"? I know it sounds silly, but for a let's say "transitional period" scenario it may add a nice touch. But, if not, then not. What we got is already a huge box of toys.

Many thanks again!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, flv*venom* said:

absolutely awesome addon!

Many many thanks for releasing it. I already have tons of ideas of what to do with these guys, one question however: would you consider adding a reskinned version of the Bergepanzer aaaaand Maybe even the "strider/gorgon"? I know it sounds silly, but for a let's say "transitional period" scenario it may add a nice touch. But, if not, then not. What we got is already a huge box of toys. 

Many thanks again!

thank you for the kind words! the Gorgon and the BPz were something I was considering for a while, I guess I ended up passing because I didn't predict there being a significant need for a recovery vehicle and the Pandur II is still a fairly recent development, kind of expensive, but I could certainly revisit those ideas. the bergepanzer would be a pretty quick addition and I've always been a big fan of the Gorgon/Pandur II.

• Like 1

I don't want to pressure you or Sound demanding, I just thought the BPz would make the package a bit more "complete" if that makes sense 🙂.

As with regards to the Gorgon/Pandur II I imagine your addons for a much broader timeframe than just 2015, more like even throughout the Altian civil war. If I remember correctly, during the missions that take place in this period (from Tac Ops) the FIA uses captured Gorgons, so my own Interpretation is, at some point in the early/mid 2020s the AAF started to modernize its fleet/forces and the losses it suffered during the conflict sped up that process.

I said it once, I'll say it again: thank you so much for your addons 🙂

After trying out the LDF in dev branch I think they could use your 2015 touch. Its too ultra futuristic much like the CSAT as it is.

13 minutes ago, C.T said:

After trying out the LDF in dev branch I think they could use your 2015 touch. Its too ultra futuristic much like the CSAT as it is.

The only issue I have with them is the huge club (I mean fancy bullpup rifle with huge scope) they use. Doesn't look very handy to me...

Very bulky and heavy looking...

@C.T I do have intentions of reworking the LDF, but this likely will not happen until contact has been released.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LDF and CSAT factions released, first post for info and links.

I know the Author may have moved on, but has anyone found a replacer with these? They are perfect for replacing the vanilla factions...

13 minutes ago, -=2RTR=- Somnus said:

I know the Author may have moved on, but has anyone found a replacer with these? They are perfect for replacing the vanilla factions...

Well actually if you check out the authors profile they were active in the last 24 hours. I would have said look on Armaholic, but unfortunately that is closed now. So you may need to search on these forums.

• Like 1

no replacer exists that I know of. I don't really mean to play the base game campaigns and missions again, and in my own missions I have no reason to use the vanilla units when I've made my own. so making a replacer version is not at all a high priority for me right now, though it is something I've thought I would like to do eventually.

at the moment I don't really have much interest in arma, don't have it installed on my computer, though updates, fixes, and new content is due to arrive some time in the foreeable future I guess?

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

no replacer exists that I know of. I don't really mean to play the base game campaigns and missions again, and in my own missions I have no reason to use the vanilla units when I've made my own. so making a replacer version is not at all a high priority for me right now, though it is something I've thought I would like to do eventually.

at the moment I don't really have much interest in arma, don't have it installed on my computer, though updates, fixes, and new content is due to arrive some time in the foreeable future I guess?

Okee dokee...

No dramas mate... I appreciate the heads-up... All the best!