nettrucker

Autosave corrupts my mission

Hello all

It is long time that I’ve posted here on the mission editing subform. I have only started lately to make some missions for ArmA 3 so yeah I’m lagging behind some 5 years or so lol.

Now I’m facing a problem that I can’t simply solve. I’m at wits end here for being honest.

I’m running ArmA III with all cup addons from terrains to everything else cup related. I was editing the mission and tried two implement an auto save game at a certain point in the mission. The problem I’m facing is that every time I’m using an autosave the mission get’s corrupted. Sound files are not playing anymore I can hear the radio noise when the sound file is activated but the file itself can’t be heard. 

Moreover every time I’m getting killed in a mission I start from the insertion point and not from the last save point. 

That drives  me really crazy. So I started to remove the addon and added I add-on per time checking if they are related to my corrupted save games issue. Strangely I wasted  2 weekends checking on what might cause this without any success. None of them are giving problem but if I run them all together my save games are corrupted.

I did search for a solution in the net without coming up with results that could help me to solve this problem.

Maybe I’m doing something wrong and therefore I can’t get the auto save game to work.

Maybe someone can point me into the right direction on what to do to get this problem solved.

Thanks in advance

BR

I'm not sure about it, but I can make a guess:

To be able to save a mission, every part of the mission must be built with this feature in mind. For example certain script loops won't work with the default behavior and must be handled by the mission author.

Now if there are mods, all these must be able to handle saves too. In many cases they du, just because they are either simple or their authors have handled saves. But if not I guess you will get the problems that you describe.

hi engima

thanks for your reply. I removed all add-ons and then I added them back one by one in the hope to understand what is causing the corruption of the mission after saving.  Strangely every test run I did it worked perfectly once back at the mission with all the addon it corrupts the mission as soon as there is an autosave, manual saves have the same result. Really strange.

I'm stuck on this.

cheers

I've never had trouble starting at the same position when loading from an autosave. I have seen some scripts break however. In one mission of Gambit Royale, there's a direction indicator that stops working on reload. I added a mission event handler that reloads it.

addMissionEventHandler ["Loaded",{
    [] spawn
    {
        waitUntil {!isNull finddisplay 46};
        sleep 0.5;
        "layer_notifications" cutRsc ["rsc_notifications", "PLAIN"];
        [AZC_IAN,AZC_SEAL1] call BIS_fnc_dirIndicator;
    };
}];

• Like 1

hello AZCoder

strangely there are not many scripts running a couple of them are just for the radio messages. I never have experienced anything like this. I wasted two whole weekends testing every single addon. I had no problems with the save games. There must be something which I'm overlooking, which I'm unaware of. I recognize immediately when the file is corrupt because I can't hear the radio messages anymore. I hear them activating but not playing I can't hear them. I have to shut down Arma and boot it up again. As long as I don't save throughout the mission everything is fine. All radio messages are played and can be heard. Once I try to autosave or manually save then it corrupts the mission. Geez, I'm playing since OFP CWC never experienced anything like that.

Do you think your script could solve my problem?

Cheers

p.s. maybe I'm too stuck up with ArmA 2 editing. I'm using normal triggers with "saveGame" in the activation field. Then I tried the savegame module I synched a saveGame module to a trigger it' saves but it corrupts something at the same time if I manually save during the mission it happens as well.  Maybe there's a new command or code snippet. What I noticed as well is that when I get killed I land immediately at the end of the mission debriefing instead of replaying from the last save point.

I just use saveGame.

Can you  upload the mission somewhere?

Hello AZCoder

yeah I will upload the mission this evening and let you know. I'm normally using saveGame in triggers as well. It has always worked but when I ran into troubles with the save game isue I thought maybe i'm doing it wrong and I need to use the save game module, but in both cases I'm experiencing troubles with both methods.

I will let yoou know this evening when I uploaded the mission. Sorry but I haven't be able to do this earlier.

Have a great day.

Cheers