Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Vote your best contributing fellow poster in 2002!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 06 2003,06:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ Jan. 06 2003,01:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Jan. 06 2003,00wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ Jan. 05 2003,22:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Who s picking these names anyway ?  <!--emo&smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Wobble wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

i remember him  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I'd vote for him! biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Wobble for Moderator! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Akira is known in discussions to choose his own ways against the main stream, and he does it very well and is a well respected member of the community.<span id='postcolor'>

HOLY SHIT I AM???

wow.gif

tounge.gif

Thought for sure I'd be the only one to vote for me...and yet some poor sap voted for me also!

I have two votes! WOO HOO!

hehehe

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Jan. 04 2003,02:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oligo, whilst coming from a very cold country, certainly isn't a cold individual and his conduct on the forums and his manner of speech are all well regarded<span id='postcolor'>

Sigh, I miss the days of the great flamewars. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Akira is known in discussions to choose his own ways against the main stream, and he does it very well and is a well respected member of the community.

<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oligo, whilst coming from a very cold country, certainly isn't a cold individual and his conduct on the forums and his manner of speech are all well regarded<span id='postcolor'>

I bet you guys need money, fast...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Jan. 04 2003,02:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">With his background in the German military and love for the game, Balschoiw is a welcome addition to the forums.<span id='postcolor'>

I'll say this.

Of all the people I have debated with regularly, he was the only one that I haven't gotten into a flame war with biggrin.gif

That gives him my respect. If I hadn't already voted for myself tounge.gif I'd vote for him biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ Jan. 07 2003,15:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Jan. 04 2003,02wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">With his background in the German military and love for the game, Balschoiw is a welcome addition to the forums.<span id='postcolor'>

I'll say this.

Of all the people I have debated with regularly, he was the only one that I haven't gotten into a flame war with biggrin.gif

That gives him my respect. If I hadn't already voted for myself tounge.gif I'd vote for him biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Haha, get out of here, you did not vote for me. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Best contributor: the category recognizes the members who contributed to the forum in other manners, by supplying numerous intriguing materials, as well as perspectives, and informations that enriched contents of the forum.<span id='postcolor'> Not who debated nicely. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Jan. 07 2003,16:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I bet you guys need money, fast...<span id='postcolor'>

Eh? wow.gif

Have to vote for Fubar.

I always get a big grin in such moments, remembering him creating a second account , bashing BIS, OFP and the world, answering with his Fubar account and using the same IP for both. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WhoCares @ Jan. 09 2003,14:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Have to vote for Fubar.

I always get a big grin in such moments, remembering him creating a second account , bashing BIS, OFP and the world, answering with his Fubar account and using the same IP for both.  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well it probable was his little "brother" who posts here too...

smile.gif

Well, since the vote is almost over I wanted to thank everyone who randomly clicked on my name. wink.gif Despite the jokes I made and make, I do feel honoured to be distinguished by this community. I did not expect anything like this. I can not say I love you all, because I don't say things like that, but I think I have met some great people here. I found this forum to be a really great experience. Initially I would stop by when I had some editing problems of my own, and realized that I was not the only one who kept getting stuck. Eventually, with time, I figured out everything I wanted to know, and kind of stayed behind as there were so many questions pouring in from people just getting started in mission editing. The variety of people in this forum is truly amazing, coming together from all over

the world to get their rush from OFP. smile.gif The biggest reason for me never forgetting about the community is probably that there is always a refreshing or very funny member to talk to. Other than that, someone is probably looking for assistance or is looking for trouble, which can be interesting as well. biggrin.gif

I hope I can give some members a little advice at this point:

#1. Be constructive, no one likes to talk to people who are out there at every one else's expense. No one is going to like it when you just want to destroy every one else's work or morale.

#2. Show respect to your fellow members. They may be more like you than you think, and painting a bulls eye on someone should not be done in haste. (you see; think carefully, and then get em.. j/k) There are real people just like you at the other end of the screen, sitting there at work while the boss is not looking or at home drinking coffee in their underwear. wink.gif

#3. Help out if you can, after all, most of us are here for the same reason; fun.

#4. Stuck? We all get there. a) Think b) Search c) repeat from step a. biggrin.gif

#5. If you are discussing with someone, don't just go on for the sake of winning. Consider the other side like a part of your own organization, offering different information and ideas, all free of charge. Take something out of it, and remember that the best solution and the truth is more important than pride. (pride is social and these days not very logical)

What more can I say, it's been time well wasted, hopefully we can do this for a long time to come... where did the time go!

BIS: Thanks for the e-social opportunity you provided us here with the forum. tounge.gif

[bTW: If I don't win this then to hell with you... hehhe j/k wink.gif]