jts_2009

Convert structured text to normal text?

Hello. Anyone know, is there actually a way to convert structured text back to a normal text..? (type 0). I have structured text in dialog. But command 'ctrlsetStructuredtext' works only with displays (UI elements (or Windows) created via createDisplay). So im trying to figure out how to convert it back to normal text, because I have dialog created with createDialog command, where ctrlsetstructuredtext doesn't work. I use ctrlsettext command there. (It should appear with needed formatting like position right or left inside the control... ) So for example this:

<t align = 'left'>Item cost:</t><t align = 'right'>© 535</t><br/><t align = 'left'>Weight:</t><t align = 'right'>12</t><br/><t align = 'left'>Bottlecaps:</t><t align = 'right'>300</t>

should look same if I convert it back to normal text. Not sure if it's possible, but... maybe? 

The text should be on the left side of the control and the number on the right. Like:

Item cost:                                                      535

Weight:                                                           12

Bottlecaps:                                                    300

P.S.: Dialog is created with createDialog command

38 minutes ago, killzone_kid said:

Both createDisplay and createDialog have no relevance to StructuredText

Yeah, I managed that already -) Here the solution:

_display = (findDisplay 7300); // idd of dialog

_strText = format ["<t align = 'left'>Item cost:</t><t align='right'>© %1</t><br/>%2:<br/>%3:<br/>", _Price, 45, "WIP"];

(_display displayCtrl 312) ctrlSetStructuredText parseText _strText; // 312 is idc of the control