10 hours ago, stburr91 said:

Will these have a battery that will run down? An option to put a battery, and or range limit on them may be a good idea.

there are a few options for that but the scripting is not started so no promises fr anything yet 😉 , i like the idea of a limited power supply though as it adds an element of resouce management to gameplay. Also things like EMP, signal jamming and hacking are interesting possibilities. there are in-game items like the CSAT 'device' or the data terminal that would work well enough as an AI control point/HQ entity. Actually new Contact DLC is rammed full of objects that would be super handy for this but i'm not sure about making it a dependency?

4 hours ago, Private Evans said:

Maybe create a faction based on a high tech company developing drones, robots AI and stuff...could be a very interesting new villain faction

my plan is to have some supporting units for the foot soldiers like the Sentinel drone, UGV's and the Taru chopper, enough for mission makers to have a workable faction for mission making.

• Like 3

On 6/5/2019 at 1:40 PM, lordfrith said:

there are in-game items like the CSAT 'device' or the data terminal that would work well enough as an AI control point/HQ entity. Actually new Contact DLC is rammed full of objects that would be super handy for this but i'm not sure about making it a dependency?

As long as we stick to static objects (anything but vehicles and inventory items) we don't have to worry about dependency : even if the script is linked to a DLC object, it's not necessary to own said DLC to use it.

And most of the Contact assets will be added to the default data so that won't be a problem at all. 😉

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, haleks said:

As long as we stick to static objects (anything but vehicles and inventory items) we don't have to worry about dependency

oh thats good to know,  i like the new rugged electronics and furniture for props, the 3 screen data terminal is pretty neat for custom screens.

there's a pretty nice spread of items in the new DLC for mission making in general, new lights, electronics, antennae and stuff, very handy :thumbsup:

• Like 1

a small progress update for a little refining work on the face, getting the shadows and lighting looking better, adding more greebles, etc.

sot4vB1.jpg

more pics in spoiler

Spoiler

PKj1ZqT.jpg

gBUSfsE.jpg

there's still some work on the back of the head but i'm pretty happy with the face plate now. Next is a detail pass on the arms/legs and finish the body.

much as i love the extreme hexagons on the t-shirt that's place holder and will go 😉

• Like 4

Some time ago I was experimenting with mods to try and reproduce the atmosphere from the Adam Unity demo...

Those androids are going to revive that little recreationnal project. ^^

Spoiler

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

• Like 4

oh man i'd forgotten about ADAM, spookily similar concept to this in a way: what i mean by 'repurposed dissident' is pretty much whats going on in the video! just goes to show any original ideas i may have is just a rip-off of something i've forgotten about 😉

your screenshots look great, is that the orange drone from LoDr there? i love those guys,still keep an old version of LoDr around just for them 😄

• Like 2

They are from LoDr indeed. I love the assets in that mod, especially those gigantic ships - you can do a lot with those :

@HorribleGoat made something very special. ❤️

• Like 3

@haleks That is indeed quite special. Hows the framerate in that? xD

Also looks like our drones have still use despite our slightly lenghty development.. :smiley-blunder:

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, HorribleGoat said:

Also looks like our drones have still use despite our slightly lenghty development..

ooooh yes... the orange drones fit pretty well with vanilla units and gear for near-future robot shenanigans. many, many hours my friend 😄 but i wanted a stand alone robot mod and i've failed in all my attempts to rig up models for game so... here i am cheating with a cheeky re-texture job 😉

Edited by lordfrith

18 minutes ago, HorribleGoat said:

@haleks That is indeed quite special. Hows the framerate in that? xD

Also looks like our drones have still use despite our slightly lenghty development.. :smiley-blunder:

Framerate was pretty good! 😉

19 minutes ago, haleks said:

Framerate was pretty good! 😉

Im a bit supprised but positively so.

Also @lordfrith The latest pics look great! Only one thing Id suggest is maybe add same grey stripe material on the edges of the sleeves and the neck hole, it could make it more finished looking as the hex pattern cuts off very unevenly.

• Like 2

EDIT: things got weird and i double posted instead of editing

Edited by lordfrith
erm...

21 minutes ago, HorribleGoat said:

The latest pics look great! Only one thing Id suggest is maybe add same grey stripe material on the edges of the sleeves and the neck hole, it could make it more finished looking as the hex pattern cuts off very unevenly. 

thanks! In the pics the head is nearly finished, the arms have the basic shapes done (but i'm probably going to start again) and the basic body texture is still an early test so... just shapes no features if you see what i mean.

making new normal maps and textures for existing models that you can't open is a backwards process where i have to develop the new details being added around the existing mesh by trial and error! Any new batch of drawing work i do has to be made into a mod and checked in game before i can proceed!

some of the arma samples include a UV map layer which is a godsend for this kind of work

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lordfrith said:

thanks! In the pics the head is nearly finished, the arms have the basic shapes done (but i'm probably going to start again) and the basic body texture is still an early test so... just shapes no features if you see what i mean.

making new normal maps and textures for existing models that you can't open is a backwards process where i have to develop the new details being added around the existing mesh by trial and error! Any new batch of drawing work i do has to be made into a mod and checked in game before i can proceed!

some of the arma samples include a UV map layer which is a godsend for this kind of work

I suggest you look into Filepatching and using Dev Branch of Arma. You can reload textures on the fly with that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HorribleGoat said:

I suggest you look into Filepatching and using Dev Branch of Arma. You can reload textures on the fly with that.

this is going to be one of those things i ought to have learned first isn't it! :yikes:

• Haha 2

I believe there is an oil slick item that you could use for a blood pool that was introduced in one of the later DLCs. Maybe random chance of creating one at the unit's location using an on damaged event?

• Like 2