shadeops21

Inducing a texture load error

So,

Somewhat unconventional question here. I want to induce an error with my mod in order for me to have no visible body/uniform. It's not actually going to be part of a mod; I'm just making a shortcut that'll allow me to make arsenal icons for things like vests and backpacks a lot faster (no body + blue/green render world = easy cut/deletion of background behind the item I'm making an icon of).

Unless a faster method for making item icons (as seen in the left side of the arsenal listing and in the player inventory) for things like helmets, vests, etc exists where I don't spend hours in GIMP and Photoshop manually cutting out vests and such by hand...

Anyway, just want to know a quick and easy way to replicate this:

r0X7rU9.jpg

Cheers!

i manage to... acheive this invisible uniform often enough when making mods 😉 I'm a little hazy on the exact technique but you could try making a dummy mod of one uniform, getting drunk and putting a few typos in the file paths for the model? then you could just load this uniform for all the screen shots

1 minute ago, lordfrith said:

i manage to... acheive this invisible uniform often enough when making mods 😉 I'm a little hazy on the exact technique but you could try making a dummy mod of one uniform, getting drunk and putting a few typos in the file paths for the model? then you could just load this uniform for all the screen shots

I've actually tried doing that on purpose: keying in both a unit and uniform asset with "TEST" class names and filepath it to a .paa texture that does not even exist.

It's funny, when you think about it. When you want everything to work, errors occur. But the moment you try to deliberately create the error, you can't.

• Haha 1

Why not make it using a texture that does exist and simply have it as a fully-transparent _ca.paa texture?

Tried that. Doesn’t have the desired effect.

I got this working btw; I’ll post my solution here when I’m back on my desktop with the file on it.