beno_83au

Forum Home Page Not Logged In

@Janez posted a good fix/workaround for this problem a few posts below. https://forums.bohemia.net/forums will solve the issue. Thanks mate!!

Bit of a bug/glitch report. After the forum downtime yesterday I'm no longer being shown as logged in on the home page, but going to any other forum/sub-forum has me logged in fine. Any help?

Edit: Sorry, I should've included this with the OP. Trying to press the "Sign In" button, even after signing out, gives the error:

Error code: 2S119/1

I can, however, sign in from another page on the forum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Same here. Happened since Contact DLC release. I guess the forum was attacked/dos'ed which is why they cached the main page on a proxy so that it doesn't have to go through to the backend database.

My caching idea is supported by the fact that the.... oh... It's fixed for me now. Well, that's that.

Edit: It unfixed itself again.. wtf is going on.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Dedmen said:

Edit: It unfixed itself again.. wtf is going on.

I was half way through posting what I thought was a fix a day or so ago when I thought I'd better check it just one more time........ yeah nah.

• Haha 1

I'm randomly logged in and out. Usually I log in by clicking some forum post link...

• Like 1

This is getting very annoying...

I just always click on "Activities" now to get my logged-in view.

I have bookmarked the following instead of forum homepage and seems to be working fine for days now. Basically the same, just without covers for each game.

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FWIW, I'm getting the same issue now even when using @Janez fix.  Really wish it could get straightened out.

Had the auto log-off/on issue for the last few days.

Depending on which forum page/subpage I visited I was either logged in or off, all while using a single tab in a single browser (multi tabs in multi browsers usually leads to fun).

Cleared the browser cache, worked fine, suddenly same issues appeared again and are again resolved by clearing the cache.

Now I ran into the issue of a non functioning quote button (try quoting this post, I can't for some reason) while the multi quote and like buttons work.

:yay:

Cheers

• Like 1

On 6/18/2019 at 7:39 PM, gatordev said:

FWIW, I'm getting the same issue now even when using @Janez fix.  Really wish it could get straightened out.

Yeah, that workaround is more for homepage login problems. As Grumpy pointed out some pages are still bugged.

@Grumpy Old Man, there is definitely an issue. Above the part that quotes you is a huge grey block with no text. Here's the summary:

RCuHfnt.png

• Like 2

Does anyone know if this is being looked at? Is this something for the feedback taketracker? Obviously, as some of you have mentioned, the actual issue still exists for a number of people. 

On 6/21/2019 at 3:31 AM, Janez said:

Yeah, that workaround is more for homepage login problems. As Grumpy pointed out some pages are still bugged.

I may have misunderstood what you were saying, my problem is that I would end up getting rerouted to the homepage login anyway, where I then couldn't get very far into the forums before getting logged back out.

That said, today seems to be much better.  Didn't have a single issue.  Hopefully it holds.

Guys, I'm posting outside of the A3 board for the very first time ever because of this... its ANNOYING. The forum constantly shows me as logged out, then I go into a different board and I'm logged in again. If I go back to the board before, it shows me as logged out again... ffs. Not just on my computer, but also on mobile phone. This is since weeks and feels like nothing is being done about it.

• Like 2

Nearly a full month since the last post and I still have that issue. I'd be nice if someone from BI would at least inform us about whats going on and what the plans about fixing this issue are.

• Like 2

Yes. While I'm staying logged in on my PC if I use the workaround I linked in the OP, my phone is still hit-and-miss.