Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Vote your most helpful fellow poster in 2002!

2002 was a year of strong growth for the Flashpoint forums.  An influx of new members early in the year, and the release of Resistance saw further growth.  And this has contributed to the richness of discussion and debate here on the forums.

And so in the spirit of rewarding the contributions of our members, the moderators have decided to hold a vote for 'best of' in four categories.

While there are many, many people deserving of recognition, Ikonboard only allows 10 entries for each poll.  And so after lengthy discussions, the top 10 members in each category were decided by the mods, and shall be voted on by the forum members.

This poll is for:

Most Helpful poster: the category recognizes the member who shared their knowledge and time with other members in helping with making OFP a great experience.

Why did we choose the above choices?

If there is anything you want to know about computer software, hardware or guns, Mister Frag is always willing to help.

RED was nominated for his outstanding and always helpful contributions, especially in the Mission Editing Forum

Although she has a taste for spamming, Avon continues to provide invaluable help through her FAQ and some of her posts on the forum.

Miles Teg has provided many addon makers with feedback and constructive criticism as a military hardware advisor.

Eviscerator, the man who brought the first Huey to OFP continues relentlessly to help aspiring modmakers get started.

Kegetys, who has pioneered OFP in just about every field possible does not keep his knowledge for himself but is always willing to help other people.

Matthijs has distinguished himself by helping other modmakers including by writing the first O2 command reference.

Balschoiw helped as much as he can in mission editing, by not shying away from helping others with simple problems.

Dinger has helped many members with advanced scripting topics in the ME forum.

Do you have a complicated scripting problem? Ask Bart.Jan, one of our experts on scripting.

Avon without hesitation for her helpfull FAQ

Red, he helps alot in the editing forum smile.gif Good job Redy!

I voted for the MaryKayLady, because the Red Ruge lipstick she brought to my house last week was absolutely STUNNING! It really brought out my eyes.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PiNs_Da_Smoka @ Jan. 04 2003,06:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I voted for the MaryKayLady, because the Red Ruge lipstick she brought to my house last week was absolutely STUNNING! It really brought out my eyes.<span id='postcolor'>

The question is, what was she doing at your house with red lipstick? confused.gifconfused.gif

I went for Mister Frag as he has helped me whip my PC back into shape from time to time. (No pics please Avon smile.gif)

RED

Well, Avon, of course smile.gif

Her FAQ contains all you want to know and she seems to know the rest.

But all the other mentioned are great people and helpful, too. Unfortunately you can only vote once.

RED again. He does an outstanding job in the ME section. Unfortunally its not so popular than other sections so I will give him a boost with my vote biggrin.gif

Well, that's a difficult decision. Avon with her faq and Kegetys with his expertise in all things ofp are imho the most likely to win this poll. And they would have earned it.

But in the end i voted for MilesTeg cause he is the backbone of the usenet ofp discussion group, alway helpful, always calming heated discussions down. And as i read and post there a lot too he has really been my most helpful fellow poster (if not always in THIS forum only). TJ would have deserved a mention too imho...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Jan. 04 2003,12:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why isn't Suma in the vote list? :/<span id='postcolor'>

Because, he is not a fellow poster, he is referred to by forum members as GOD... wink.gif (anyway, I think it's funny)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Jan. 04 2003,18:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why isn't Suma in the vote list? :/<span id='postcolor'>

Devs and mods are excluded from the contents since this is a tribute to the helpful members of the forum.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Jan. 04 2003,19:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why isn't Suma in the vote list? :/<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Employees of the prize sponsor as well as employees and other representatives of Bohemia Interactive Studios, its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies (and the immediate family members of each of them and others living in the same household) are not eligible to win prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations of the United States, United Kingdom and The Czech Republic apply. Offer void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. Bohemia Interactive Studios will only accept entries that are completed and submitted in the format designated below.<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ Jan. 04 2003,12:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is gay too confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I really don't follow. confused.gif You think these beauty pageant votes are gay? smile.gif

Okay, well, don't turn this into another big debate.

Kegetys for president.and the first prize is vbs?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ Jan. 04 2003,17:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is gay too confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Further whinage = temp bannage.

I vote for Mr. Frag by a long mile.

Well, ehhm, I did not know exactly how to make up my mind, to vote from a personal view point or generalized one.

Finally I went with the personal one and voted for Dinger, out of the list he has been the most helpful to me. wink.gif From a generalized point I would have to pick three categories or so, hardware/microsoft support is Mr. Frag, advanced mumbo jumbo probably Kegetys, all around Avon. confused.gif

EDIT: Balschoiw is getting very good when it comes to giving a helping hand, but I think he got busy near the end of the year. smile.gif Maybe next time Bals... (since many members do not go back as remembering a whole year, I think the winners will be judged mainly by the last 3-4 months)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (smogmorph @ Jan. 05 2003,06:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thumbs up for Mom, you got my vote  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Pancakes and maple syrup for you for breakfast! biggrin.gif

/avon prays he's not diabetic