Jump to content
DnA

Contact Expansion Asset Feedback

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, AveryTheKitty said:

What's the difference between the DMS / DMS Kir,

Since the bullet drop on the Kir is absolutely insane because of it being an subsonic weapon with heavy projectiles the ranging is different. The collimator on the DMS is zeroed to 100m (in contrast to 200m on normal DMS) and the DMS itself has smaller steps (25/50m) only up to 600m.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both Koclize shotguns don't have muzzle flash proxies.

 

Promet's muzzle flash is very different (but better) than other vanilla weapons' muzzle flashes.

20190610105107_2.jpg

20190610105027_1.jpg

 

6 minutes ago, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

Since the bullet drop on the Kir is absolutely insane because of it being an subsonic weapon with heavy projectiles the ranging is different. The collimator on the DMS is zeroed to 100m (in contrast to 200m on normal DMS) and the DMS itself has smaller steps (25/50m) only up to 600m.

 

Hopefully it receives a new reticle too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey devs, since you're playing with AK series, could you please fix this gap? It's freaking annoying and immersion killing, that's not how weapon is held.

 

C0B76C7AC2EC95E7F89804FAB77786FC5984FF63

 

 

 

I've also noticed that for player at least, firing a suppressed AK-12 sound is louder than non-suppressed one. Suppressed weapons are loud in real life, thing is that here it's more louder. Wearing a headphone difference can be heard, maybe just the pitch needs to be adjusted, since it's raping my ears compared to non-suppressed fire sound. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a little thing I can add here, the reload animation for both of the Koclize shotguns is too slow.
Also the Pellet Shells are green, but in their UI Picture they're red.


Other than that, no big things functionality wise, just some smaller stuff like "Unkown Community Author" instead of BI...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

problem: the new "MRD (black)" for pistols is not black its still sand

 

also the icon is wrong it should be and black MRD but its an mk17 holosight arid

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, KokaKolaA3 said:

Also the Pellet Shells are green, but in their UI Picture they're red.

 

Known issue and is acknowledged in the Dev branch Changelog.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AveryTheKitty said:

Viper Stealth suppressors are available to the Promet. 

Hmmm... Hoping it remains that way as those 6.5 and 7.56 'drinking straws' have always looked ridiculously too long.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent rifles, good work.
Not essential, but there are some features.
The Promet has a modular telescope optic_ico_01.
If you limit the angle of raising the weapon (put on the bipod) and raise the line of sight, at the edge of the elevation, the view smoothly switches from the optical sight to the iron one.
With other modular sights, this also works, but switching to the upper module does not include a red dot.
Will this feature be implemented (as on optic_ico_01) for sights of the MRCO, ARCO and the like?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

problem: the new "MRD (black)" for pistols is not black its still sand

 

also the icon is wrong it should be and black MRD but its an mk17 holosight arid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, arthrfortune said:

problem: the new "MRD (black)" for pistols is not black its still sand

 

also the icon is wrong it should be and black MRD but its an mk17 holosight arid

It's placeholder accessory and that's why it wasn't mentioned in changelog. It will be added before release though so keep looking at changelog 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No mention of the massive furniture theft in Livonia... 😉

 

newspaper.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was also wondering whether this means we'll be getting tin-foil hats in the Arsenal?

 

foil.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Grahame said:

Was also wondering whether this means we'll be getting tin-foil hats in the Arsenal?

 

Tin foil hat is confirmed....

Spoiler

Tinfoil.png

  

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having a real blast (literally) with the new weapons and accessories, fantastic job with them. I won't go into a waffling review of each one but just to say everything feels and sounds really solid, maybe a special mention for the Promet SG and the "Classic" Mk 14. :rthumb: 

 

Speaking of the "Classic" Mk14....we're really missing a "Old" version of the 7.62mm Sound Suppressor.......please! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Promet rifle look beautiful! Especially with those new Modular Sights! AK-12 new paint and shotguns too. GJ!
So futuristic that I wish to put some kind of gun-mounted/computer system accessory with a huge screen, to get even more that sf feeling 🙂

 

 

I love the sound of this rifle! Very enjoyable to use and with stealth suppressor is just so cool. It feels like massive combat rifle. GJ!

 

Black textures with visible fingerprints - NICE!

 

 

 

I like new green color that come with Promet rifle but ...

> there no suppressor in similar green for Promet or in camouflage paint version, no legs and same with sand paint.

I hope all those accessories will come later.

 

Some more things I notice (I'm not sure is corect or not):


> Promet back-kick (rifle shake) in auto mode is significant comparing to MX rifle.

I would expect less kick than in MX, a little more than in Spar-16 rifle.

 

Comparing Promet to MX: rate of fire is higher, accuracy is higher and kick is higher than in MX, so... when I try to hit a target 200m faraway by the second bullet in two bullet burst (on auto) is actually more difficult than in MX rifle. (You have to aim bellow a target plate, to miss by the first bullet and to hit by the second one - just put it in the middle of target plate. I should do a video...) Kick is big. Am I wrong?

 

I think that this kick should be smaller, somewhere between Spar and MX rifle... That would be have more logic to me, but I never shot form MSBS in real life and the MX rifle is purely fictional, perhaps all is correct so:

> Shouldn't Promet rifle kick (rifle shake) in auto mode be smaller than in MX rifle?

 

> No difference in Promet MR accuracy between other variants. Shouldn't Promet MR be more accurate?

 

> Weight difference between 12 Gauge 6 Rnd Slug and Pellets cartridges.

Pellets cartridges are heavier.

I'm able to load some more Slugs cartridges but no more Pellets for me:

UBORs2R.jpg

 

> Weight difference between Zafir and RPK-12

 

In short:
Zafir 7.62×54mm - bullet case: 4.16 cm3, rifle based on real piece: NEGEV NG-7 / IWI Negev which is 7.8 kg

RPK-12 7.62×39mm - bullet case: 2.31 cm3 much smaller, real piece is 4.8kg

In Arma3 when looking at Arsenal stats for those autorifles, RPK-12 looking much lighter, something like 3.9 kg.  Near 50% lighter than Zafir... but I'm not sure do I read those stats correctly.


+1 to faster loading for shotguns, slightly faster or maybe better animations will do the trick.

 

Thank you for this dev-branch update. Rifles are very cool! Waiting for uniforms now 🤩

 

Edit1:

>Promet GL can't use 3rd grenades, flares and smoke.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I almost did a backflip when I got on and found out that the guns had come out. Great stuff!

 

That said, there is one issue that I noticed. My first instinct was to check out the Promet SG, and although the buckshot ammo works fine and dandy, there is something seriously wrong with the slug rounds. For me at least, the zeroing is messed up whenever I'm using a dual optic (with 200 meters on the reflex sight and 300 in the magnified scope). On both, the slug round essentially has a top-down attack like a guided launcher, except it's wildly inaccurate and it doesn't even seem to reach the distance that the selected scope is zeroed to. Only when using iron sights or a very low-distance optic or reflex sight does it become more viable to use, and even then it's not particularly accurate.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Glow said:

Promet rifle look beautiful! Especially with those new Modular Sights! AK-12 new paint and shotguns too. GJ!
So futuristic that I wish to put some kind of gun-mounted/computer system accessory with a huge screen, to get even more that sf feeling 🙂

 

 

I love the sound of this rifle! Very enjoyable to use and with stealth suppressor is just so cool. It feels like massive combat rifle. GJ!

 

Black textures with visible fingerprints - NICE!

 

 

 

I like new green color that come with Promet rifle but ...

> there no suppressor in similar green for Promet or in camouflage paint version, no legs and same with sand paint.

I hope all those accessories will come later.

 

Some more things I notice (I'm not sure is corect or not):


> Promet back-kick (rifle shake) in auto mode is significant comparing to MX rifle.

I would expect less kick than in MX, a little more than in Spar-16 rifle.

 

Comparing Promet to MX: rate of fire is higher, accuracy is higher and kick is higher than in MX, so... when I try to hit a target 200m faraway by the second bullet in two bullet burst (on auto) is actually more difficult than in MX rifle. (You have to aim bellow a target plate, to miss by the first bullet and to hit by the second one - just put it in the middle of target plate. I should do a video...) Kick is big. Am I wrong?

 

I think that this kick should be smaller, somewhere between Spar and MX rifle... That would be have more logic to me, but I never shot form MSBS in real life and the MX rifle is purely fictional, perhaps all is correct so:

> Shouldn't Promet rifle kick (rifle shake) in auto mode be smaller than in MX rifle?

 

> No difference in Promet MR accuracy between other variants. Shouldn't Promet MR be more accurate?

 

> Weight difference between 12 Gauge 6 Rnd Slug and Pellets cartridges.

Pellets cartridges are heavier.

I'm able to load some more Slugs cartridges but no more Pellets for me:

UBORs2R.jpg

 

> Weight difference between Zafir and RPK-12

 

In short:
Zafir 7.62×54mm - bullet case: 4.16 cm3, rifle based on real piece: NEGEV NG-7 / IWI Negev which is 7.8 kg

RPK-12 7.62×39mm - bullet case: 2.31 cm3 much smaller, real piece is 4.8kg

In Arma3 when looking at Arsenal stats for those autorifles, RPK-12 looking much lighter, something like 3.9 kg.  Near 50% lighter than Zafir... but I'm not sure do I read those stats correctly.


+1 to faster loading for shotguns, slightly faster or maybe better animations will do the trick.

 

Thank you for this dev-branch update. Rifles are very cool! Waiting for uniforms now 🤩

 

Edit1:

>Promet GL can't use 3rd grenades, flares and smoke.

The Promet GL shouldn't be able to use three-round grenades anyways, only the MX 3GL can do that (its GL is based on a grenade launcher that can hold three electronically-primed grenades, whereas the Promet's GL is based on a conventional single-shot grenade launcher that couldn't possibly fit three grenades).

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, nikelzero said:

some WIP artifacts inside RPK, can add work to gpu 

Those are magic boxes which contains materials for hiddenSelectionsMaterials. On Wednesday, we found nasty issue with those materials which blocked earlier release of that weapons. There is already fix for that in engine but we preferred to keep those boxes there till fix is confirmed to work correctly. Once we know engine fix is working as intended, we will most likely remove those obsolete magic boxes.

 

@maccrawinthejaw - are you sure you are not using some mods?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chances for Promet CQB with new prototype attachment ? 😃

 

oQfsGpS.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Glow said:

Any chances for Promet CQB with new prototype attachment ? 😃

 

oQfsGpS.jpg

How did you get that with a short barrel? Mod?

 

Also, as dope as it would be, I don't think a round counter would really make a difference as far as gameplay goes on account of how there's already a round counter in-game in the HUD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, reyhard said:

Those are magic boxes which contains materials for hiddenSelectionsMaterials. On Wednesday, we found nasty issue with those materials which blocked earlier release of that weapons. There is already fix for that in engine but we preferred to keep those boxes there till fix is confirmed to work correctly. Once we know engine fix is working as intended, we will most likely remove those obsolete magic boxes.

 

@maccrawinthejaw - are you sure you are not using some mods?

None that would be affecting ballistics. I have mods on but none of them make any adjustments to gun ballistics or add elements like wind or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×