DnA

Contact Expansion Asset Feedback

I noticed a typo in one of the Livonia loading screen tips:

Where it says "The highly militarized Nadbor Region is part of Andrzejow, one of Livnonia's three administrative divisions", it should say "The highly militarized Nadbor Region is part of Andrzejow, one of Livonia's (there was an extra "N" in front of the "O" in "Livonia") three administrative divisions".

• Thanks 1

Promet SG:

When attached with Promet scope and aiming with auxiliary iron sight, the forehead of the rifle will appear in the scope.

CoHb1oX.jpg

This only happens on Promet SG (with all color patterns) + Promet scope combination. Other Promet versions like the Promet GL below don't have such phenomena.

vdJ7Ej0.jpg

42 minutes ago, pavel volonsky said:

Promet SG:

When attached with Promet scope and aiming with auxiliary iron sight, the forehead of the rifle will appear in the scope.

CoHb1oX.jpg

This only happens on Promet SG (with all color patterns) + Promet scope combination. Other Promet versions like the Promet GL below don't have such phenomena.

vdJ7Ej0.jpg

Yeah, I pointed this out before, though for some reason I was having the issue with other Promet variants, if memory serves.

• Thanks 1

Where I can find Special Measurement Device dev branch sais its been added 

For some reason I can't seem to load the Enoch folder as a mod in the launcher any more.

Anyone else found this/have suggestion to sort it? tx

17 minutes ago, Electricleash said:

For some reason I can't seem to load the Enoch folder as a mod in the launcher any more.

DLC folders are excluded as 'mods' in Launcher. Is there a reason you need to manually load it? The enoch folder is loaded by default for all players.

That's how I've had it for asset testing up until yesterdays dev branch update.

When the first batch of Contact assets hit the dev branch (Livonia) I seem to recall having to create the Mod folder for the dlc/addon manually.

I'm not sure why but just having dev branch active didn't seem to be running the new content 'out of the box'.

It did the trick and I was effectively using 'Enoch' as you would a mod.

Not sure what changed yesterday...

I'm away from my machine until this evening. It may be that I need to disable/re-enable dev branch to see if that fixes the issue.

Updated

Ok seems to be resolved, I had indeed previously been using the content as a mod file. Now content loads as intended with dev-branch enabled.

• Like 1

Hi, on Offroad (Comms) the headlights cannot be turned on when the beacon is enabled. I am assuming this is not intentional? Also, with the few dozen modification options for this vehicle, some texture/3D clipping glitches are created on the bumper when options which contradict are enabled or disabled.

Also, it would be really nice to have some way to differentiate between LDF, NATO, CSAT, and AAF ED UGVs. They currently all have the exact same skin between the different factions. I can just imagine the terror in Warlords in Anthrakia when we have dozens of these swarming around and hiding behind every corner and there is no way to know which is friendly and which is not!

17 hours ago, CaptainDawson said:

Also, with the few dozen modification options for this vehicle, some texture/3D clipping glitches are created on the bumper when options which contradict are enabled or disabled.

Isn't this the player's responsibility, or are the glitches subtle? Either you only have a few configuration options that are safe in all circumstances, a limiting solution, or we get more, but we have to apply them with care. I can understand that there will be glitching if I have roof mounted floodlights + antennas + police lights all at the same time.

• Like 2

Is it possible of perhaps getting a Stealth Balaclava variant like those masks in different colors (atleast Olive)? It would be dope, since then you'd have some alternative to those standard balaclavas

• Like 3

Regarding the sandbox content...

While I find it greedy and sometimes even rude what people demand especially when it comes to dlc`s content, I also think it would be a very good idea for the future of Arma 3 to do something like a sandbox content and faction overhaul/revamp/extension/addon or whatever you want to call it. 

I really was blown away by the massive amount of assets provided especially by the orange and the contact dlc and it is absoluteley clear that a team has to make a cut to finish their actually project goals.

BUT also over the years this left us with a lot of stuff that is missing or sorry sometimes made just  halfassed. Stuff that maybe is not that important or not even required for the official campaigns and missions but stuff that would enrich the sandbox experience and make the whole plattform better and more diverse. Btw you did some of this stuff already by finally adding green textures for the tropicle vehicles.

What I would like to see and I would be even be willing to buy this as a small dlc is stuff like :

tropical versions of the Taru

CSAT versions of the Technical ( for African CSAT)

Nato versions of most of the AAF vehicles ( since most of it is Nato stuff anyway)

basic olive and/or coyote/ black versions of the AAF vest ( it is the only vest that really fits for a lot of modells)

black textures for all pistols and rifles ( just a few missing)

complete sets of CTRG stealth uniforms ( tropical, arid and urban) including helmets and vests 

proper eastern europe civi and looters/criminals clothes/retextures ( even some of the fia outfits would fit better than the Altis summer look)

CSAT urban units for the tropcial ( chinese) faction

a complete nato woodland faction

a complete CTRG faction

a complete CSAT African faction

an a bit extended Gendermerie faction

a blufor LFD faction xD

some more russian stuff 🙂  ( providing simple green CSAT vehicles would give us nearly a complete faction)

I am sure there is more but it is all there, most of it would be retexture and config work ( a lot of copy and paste). So while this would not be the most spectacular addon I personally think that would add so much to the future sandbox experience and the Arma 3 2035 setting 🙂

Arma 3 Textures and Factions DLC 

(why not I mean there are games out there selling weapon skins...)

just my thoughts...

PS : a vehicle decal system would go very cool with that...

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Private Evans said:

Regarding the sandbox content...

While I find it greedy and sometimes even rude what people demand especially when it comes to dlc`s content, I also think it would be a very good idea for the future of Arma 3 to do something like a sandbox content and faction overhaul/revamp/extension/addon or whatever you want to call it. 

I really was blown away by the massive amount of assets provided especially by the orange and the contact dlc and it is absoluteley clear that a team has to make a cut to finish their actually project goals.

BUT also over the years this left us with a lot of stuff that is missing or sorry sometimes made just  halfassed. Stuff that maybe is not that important or not even required for the official campaigns and missions but stuff that would enrich the sandbox experience and make the whole plattform better and more diverse. Btw you did some of this stuff already by finally adding green textures for the tropicle vehicles.

What I would like to see and I would be even be willing to buy this as a small dlc is stuff like :

tropical versions of the Taru

CSAT versions of the Technical ( for African CSAT)

Nato versions of most of the AAF vehicles ( since most of it is Nato stuff anyway)

basic olive and/or coyote/ black versions of the AAF vest ( it is the only vest that really fits for a lot of modells)

black textures for all pistols and rifles ( just a few missing)

complete sets of CTRG stealth uniforms ( tropical, arid and urban) including helmets and vests 

proper eastern europe civi and looters/criminals clothes/retextures ( even some of the fia outfits would fit better than the Altis summer look)

CSAT urban units for the tropcial ( chinese) faction

a complete nato woodland faction

a complete CTRG faction

a complete CSAT African faction

an a bit extended Gendermerie faction

a blufor LFD faction xD

some more russian stuff 🙂  ( providing simple green CSAT vehicles would give us nearly a complete faction)

I am sure there is more but it is all there, most of it would be retexture and config work ( a lot of copy and paste). So while this would not be the most spectacular addon I personally think that would add so much to the future sandbox experience and the Arma 3 2035 setting 🙂

Arma 3 Textures and Factions DLC 

(why not I mean there are games out there selling weapon skins...)

just my thoughts...

PS : a vehicle decal system would go very cool with that...

Well said and well organized. Whether this belongs in this thread or not, I don't know, but these improvements would be more than welcome.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, joostsidy said:

Isn't this the player's responsibility, or are the glitches subtle? Either you only have a few configuration options that are safe in all circumstances, a limiting solution, or we get more, but we have to apply them with care. I can understand that there will be glitching if I have roof mounted floodlights + antennas + police lights all at the same time.

Ok I should have been more specific, even when you are using selections that DON'T conflict, if you turn something on and then off again, it creates issues. At least one of the selections changes the color of the bumper to an older texture intended for the repair Offroad, and when you turn it off the numerous paradoxes of conflicting options messes up the texture.

BTW can I just say that the customization option menu for vehicles (especially the new Offroads) is just awful. Why do we need so many check boxes, they should be "either or" selections because so many of them require the disabling of another option. Some disable automatically when you select something that conflicts, and some don't! They cause clashes in the textures and clipping when you create a paradox by accidentally selecting something you didn't know conflicted. Just mess around with the customization options in the Vehicle Arsenal and you'll see what I mean.

13 hours ago, CaptainDawson said:

Ok I should have been more specific,

Thanks for the clarification. That does sound like something that needs to be looked at. I'm curious if you close the v.garage and look at your vehicle if these glitches persist then as well.

The overload of check boxes is definitely a result of this system never been intended for so many choices. For a long time choices in general were just a couple of colors and equipment variations. Now late in the games lifetime BI starts to stretch the possibilities to squeeze as much out of the game as possible. I think the ludicrous (but welcome) amount of configuration options started with the van.. 😀

• Like 1

Is it possible to get class like B_W_RadioOperator_F but for tropic cammo I mean as class like B_T_RadioOperator_F  I mean for spawning unit already with radio not using remove and add commands. Same for cbrn unit.. Bi team? Plz

On 6/9/2019 at 1:19 AM, reyhard said:

RedLight_Hide
WhiteLight_Hide
Level_Crossing_Barrier

Following commands can be used with animateSource on Land_Rail_Crossing_Barrier_F

I wasn't having any luck getting the barrier to animate.

Does anyone know exactly how to make the barrier come down, and make the red lights come on?

barrier animateSource ["redlight_hide", 0];  <---- something like this, subbing in `this` or `cursorTarget` for barrier depending on how you're executing the script.

For the lights, 0 turns them on and 1 turns them off (default 1).

For the barrier, 0 is up and 1 is down (default 0).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, darkChozo said:

barrier animateSource ["redlight_hide", 0];  <---- something like this, subbing in `this` or `cursorTarget` for barrier depending on how you're executing the script.

For the lights, 0 turns them on and 1 turns them off (default 1).

For the barrier, 0 is up and 1 is down (default 0).

This works

barrier animateSource ["redlight_hide", 0];

This is giving me an error,  On Activation, Missing ;

barrier animateSource ["Level_Crossing_Barrier ", 1] ;

You've got an extra space in your animation name. Should be "level_crossing_barrier", not "level_crossing_barrier ".

Also, just noticed that the barrier doesn't seem to have collision. You can walk straight through it when it's down, so that should probably be fixed.

• Thanks 1

Anyone else having the feeling that the Promet rifle with its unique scope looks really heavy and bulky and not like something that would be appropriately used in long lasting combat?

More suitable to strike an opponent down with a hefty swing? 

Just imagine them using a combination of M4s and M16s with GL and SG variants instead 😂🤣

I prefer the Promet, it makes sense considering Livonia's links to Poland in the Armaverse, and visually its more appealing to me than a M4