DnA

Contact Expansion Asset Feedback

Unless I'm missing a scripting solution, it would appear that the sinkhole and dome structures do not play well together.

Spoiler

I knew I should have taken the opportunity to try and fall into it at the end of the campaign to see if this is an issue present in Contact itself.

28 minutes ago, snakeplissken said:

Both domes have this bug for a long time, I opened a tickets reporting this. > https://feedback.bistudio.com/T142765

looking at how they are used in vanilla game I would say it's a design decission, not a bug.

The LDF/NATO sidearm choices seem unpolished. IMO a strange choice to give the LDF the high powered pistols (I understand the choice to introduce some variation, but not a good choice IMO). NATO woodland have jungle P07's.

Perhaps a black textured P07 as a sidearm for both NATO woodland and LDF?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, snakeplissken said:

Both domes have this bug for a long time, I opened a tickets reporting this. > https://feedback.bistudio.com/T142765

In Contact new assets you will find a 32x32 sized paving, use three of those and it looks fine from inside. You can turn that upside down and use as ceiling too.

yE045nY.jpg

• Like 1

@DnA suggested I put this here, so:
I was tinkering with the new assets from the Contact platform update and tried to put vehicles and containers onto the HEMTT Flatbed variant. I found out you can put containers in the Zeus interface via drag and drop onto the vehicle. But when I put a Hunter onto it it's not centred and doesn't "lock" and starts glitching of and blowing up. And when you put a container onto it you can't remove it anymore without entering the vehicle and unloading it manually or deleting it.
I didn't find any option to load a vehicle onto the flatbed while driving that said vehicle (like with the Blackfish driving the vehicle near the back of the Blackfish and having an option to load the vehicle). Is this a bug?

Also, you are able to manually unload containers, could the devs add the option to load the containers onto the flatbed without the use of any scripting or mods?

(I know that the BoxLoader Mod exists, but the flatbed introduced by the mod and the weird vehicle that can hold that flatbed was just...ugly...at least the last time I checked it.)

Also, you are able to manually unload containers, could the devs add the option to load the containers onto the flatbed without the use of any scripting or mods?

If the flatbet doesn't support vehicle in vehicle loading, I hope it's planned to be added.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, R3vo said:

If the flatbet doesn't support vehicle in vehicle loading, I hope it's planned to be added.

God, yes. It'd be criminal for this not to support viv.

How about a lift for cargo platform? That would be a cool thing!

I keep hearing about a prisoner blindfold.

I also saw it being used in the campaign mission along with a kneeling animation.

How can I use the blindfold and use the kneeling animation?

4 hours ago, Waltzcarer said:

I keep hearing about a prisoner blindfold.

I also saw it being used in the campaign mission along with a kneeling animation.

How can I use the blindfold and use the kneeling animation?

A fade in and out script would work nicely with the blindfold

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_fadeEffect

Animations like that need this script

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/playMove

use polpox artwork supporter to find these prisoner animations more easily.

Regarding Spetznaz, the russian radio protocols are missing speech files for "echelon right" and "echelon left".

14 hours ago, R3vo said:

I saw some pictures where people but loads of Eddies onto the flatbed and it SHOULD support vehicle in vehicle loading.
DnA said (in a PM to me) "Unfortunately there are no gameplay mechanics for loading / unloading non-vehicle objects into vehicles. Those can only be attached by script (attachTo - as we do in the campaign). It's weird that compatible smaller vehicles would not work as expected though via Vehicle-in-Vehicle Transport tech."

--

12 hours ago, Glow said:

How about a lift for cargo platform? That would be a cool thing!

What do you mean with "a lift for cargo platform"?

I tried to place the new cargo platform and adjust their height, but:

a) when you adjust the height of the stilts and then try to lover the platform so the stilts touch the ground they switch back to their previous length. I can't get the cargo platform don't to the ground!

b) you can't adjust the cargo platform when you place it via Zeus.

2 hours ago, janb1 said:

a) when you adjust the height of the stilts and then try to lover the platform so the stilts touch the ground they switch back to their previous length. I can't get the cargo platform don't to the ground!

Change the vertical mode to "above sea level" and turn off surface snapping. If you lower the platform the legs will automatically adjust. The platform will still sometimes return to its default height if you move it horizontally, though.

I expect by "a lift for cargo platforms" they mean...a lift. So you can get from the ground to an elevated platform. I don't think Arma would handle that very well though - a platform variant with stairs or a ladder would be better.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NikkoJT said:

Change the vertical mode to "above sea level" and turn off surface snapping. If you lower the platform the legs will automatically adjust. The platform will still sometimes return to its default height if you move it horizontally, though.

Ah, perfectly. Didn't try that. Thanks mate!

7 hours ago, janb1 said:

What do you mean with "a lift for cargo platform"?

We have a slingloading from Helicopters DLC. It would awesome to have some structure, using similar mechanics, like this cargo platform to work as cargo lift.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Glow said:

We have a slingloading from Helicopters DLC. It would awesome to have some structure, using similar mechanics, like this cargo platform to work as cargo lift.

Why do we need this exactly?

Support vehicles are there for a reason.

9 hours ago, soceris said:

A fade in and out script would work nicely with the blindfold

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_fadeEffect

The problem with that fade effect is that is also fades the sound (not what you want for a blindfold). 

It's better to use,  cutText ["", "BLACK OUT",3];

40 minutes ago, Glow said:

I tried a script to raise the cargo platform, it works, but the cement base for the legs also raises up with the platform, and doesn't look right. 

• Like 1

As a follow up to an earlier post I made, I created a black P07 as a test and I think it looks nice!

BI, don't torture yourself with all these color variations.. a modest black 9mm P07 for the modestly armed LDF looks fitting, and it can be used for NATO as well, who are currently sporting their 'jungle' P07's.

kwpEKTH.png

• Like 4

Why is on the top of * alien entity small* visible magazine pounch? Looks like it's part of 3d model just don't get it

4 hours ago, joostsidy said:

As a follow up to an earlier post I made, I created a black P07 as a test and I think it looks nice!

BI, don't torture yourself with all these color variations.. a modest black 9mm P07 for the modestly armed LDF looks fitting, and it can be used for NATO as well, who are currently sporting their 'jungle' P07's.

kwpEKTH.png

I don't know if devs will do it. Because LDF is considered INDFOR. And INDFOR seems to use different callibres so far. Lol.

12 hours ago, ISparkle said:

Because LDF is considered INDFOR. And INDFOR seems to use different callibres so far. Lol.

Mmm, Promet uses caseless 6.5x39mm, just like MX. The mags are not interchangeable however.

12 hours ago, joostsidy said:

Mmm, Promet uses caseless 6.5x39mm, just like MX. The mags are not interchangeable however.

Yeah, I meant pistol wise. Wasn't clear on that, my bad.

• Like 1

As much as I think a black P07 would be nice, I doubt Bohemia will add it to replace another reskin they added specially for this DLC. What exactly is the problem with the .45? 

-k 

• Like 1