DnA

Contact Expansion Asset Feedback

1 minute ago, kill mig said:

Same problem. BIS... BIS never changes.

im trying  Verify game cache 

Got the same problem. I cannot see texts and such in the misión. BTW, I can start the second misión but I can't disembark from the HMMETT

Any idea how to play aliens online or just local mp? Looks like aliens are strictly single player. At least asset 

the research dome (white type) there will be a Green versione in livonia? (like malden but not in ruin) I remember something like that

• Like 1

In Contact there are those little, triangle dome pieces, that are use for build a dome but do not fit a dome window. I was trying to make it blind - to small.

a texture glitches , on throat over all CBRN suits
2366io.jpg

On 7/25/2019 at 11:43 PM, kill mig said:

Same problem. BIS... BIS never changes.

Play the main branch, it should be fine. It's a dev branch problem. 

Edit: It seems to be fixed. 

Edited by Bobrus
  • Like 4

yQPFyLc.jpg

Come on Bohemia. If you are going to make a map that is 30% covered in rye fields, you really ought to be kind enough to finally offer some improvement to the method distant units in grass are rendered.

Or you could just replace the growing rye with short harvested stalks, in which case the above would look reasonable enough.

Also, the Spetsnaz units could use a plain Rifleman loadout.

• Like 2

Not sure if it's a feature or not but the Contact faces are the only one with no bumpmapping

Please make ALL the alien assets and environmental effects available in the normal game, as someone who likes to do sandbox creation stuff that is MP compatible, this separation and being required to have huge game play alterations in order to access this stuff is a major disappointment, I love everything Contact has given us, but I want ALL the assets without these barriers, It would have been a perfect expansion otherwise!

Edited by FoxEatingWolf

24 minutes ago, FoxEatingWolf said:

Please make ALL the alien assets and environmental effects available in the normal game, as someone who likes to do sandbox creation stuff that is MP compatible, this separation and being required to have huge game play alterations in order to access this stuff is a major disappointment, I love everything Contact has given us, but I want ALL the assets without these barriers, It would have been a perfect expansion otherwise!

but... everyone is free to purchase "Contact" It's not like its just an elite club, it is available on steam liek hundreds of other titles. What you are askign for is giving away all the work for free...

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, FoxEatingWolf said:

BI has indicated that a lot of the stuff in Contact would not be multiplayer compatible and probably just wouldn't work in the base game.

I would like to see some of the "normal" stuff moved over though. The plain non-moving alien objects and the EMP-disabled objects especially.

34 minutes ago, Beagle said:

but... everyone is free to purchase "Contact" It's not like its just an elite club, it is available on steam liek hundreds of other titles. What you are askign for is giving away all the work for free...

I'm talking added without the huge changes that have to be enabled (such as losing multiplayer, lighting changes, vehicle interface info, and so forth). The content would still be restricted like all other DLC's.

BI has indicated that a lot of the stuff in Contact would not be multiplayer compatible and probably just wouldn't work in the base game.

I would like to see some of the "normal" stuff moved over though. The plain non-moving alien objects and the EMP-disabled objects especially.

I understand things like scripted functions and such yes could be a problem, I just want the props really! And I'm certain things like the

Spoiler

Alien roots, core, mothership, mini probe, gravity debris field, minor effects etc

ought to work just fine really, I just don't want to change the whole game to get access to this for my sandbox needs, in other words just cosmetic props.

Edited by FoxEatingWolf

Some feedback on the ED-1 UGV: it appears that the AI will only shoot at the base of the drone, not the arm. If you hide the base behind cover, the AI act like they can't see it, even if the arm is in full view.

As you can imagine, this makes the demining ED-1 pretty OP against enemy AI. As long as you keep your base in cover, you can plink away at them with wild abandon and they'll never return fire.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 8:25 PM, Siil said:

Come on Bohemia. If you are going to make a map that is 30% covered in rye fields, you really ought to be kind enough to finally offer some improvement to the method distant units in grass are rendered.

Come on Siil, if you're going to lie down in the middle of a crop circle, you surely are going to be noticed. 😉

Also Arma 3 end of life etc, improvement to methods of distant object rendering probably not going to happen.

• Like 2

ED-1E causes a script error for other players if you fire the biopsy lance in multiplayer:

N0U96gj.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NikkoJT said:

ED-1E causes a script error for other players if you fire the biopsy lance in multiplayer:

N0U96gj.png

I got that error once as well. 

12 hours ago, NikkoJT said:

Thanks I'm investigating it right now

Mild spoilers I suppose.

Spoiler

Is the actual sinkhole at the factory not an object that can be placed? I've scoured the editor but none of the craters, dirt mounds, or rock formations resemble anything like it, and I'll be mildly disappointed if I can't have the factory sinkhole sans alien root be the focal point of a mission or two.

No it isn't.

It is a No me in the certains cleverly covered with an object that used the same texture as the surrounding terrain  

3 hours ago, GuyWithaJeep said:

Mild spoilers I suppose.

Hide contents

Is the actual sinkhole at the factory not an object that can be placed? I've scoured the editor but none of the craters, dirt mounds, or rock formations resemble anything like it, and I'll be mildly disappointed if I can't have the factory sinkhole sans alien root be the focal point of a mission or two.

It's not visible in the editor, but you can...

Spoiler

...spawn it with create3DENEntity command for example.
Or first place any other object, open the mission.sqm file in a text editor, find the placeholder object and replace its class with "Land_sinkhole" (check the correct class name in the config viewer), then reload the mission.

• Like 3

You can sort of see it in the editor. Look for square texture where it should be in the factory complex. The texture stands out a bit and underneath it is the sinkhole.

14 hours ago, Greenfist said:

It's not visible in the editor, but you can...

Hide contents

...spawn it with create3DENEntity command for example.
Or first place any other object, open the mission.sqm file in a text editor, find the placeholder object and replace its class with "Land_sinkhole" (check the correct class name in the config viewer), then reload the mission.

I knew Miller had something to do with all of this.

RsNSLS2.jpg

Yep, this is what you need to put into the debug console to spawn the sinkhole.

create3DENEntity
[
    "Object",
    "Land_Sinkhole_01_F",
    screenToWorld [0.5,0.5]
];

Save it as a composite so it's easy to place in the editor later.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Don't think it's been posted here, there's now a scripting guide on the wiki for 

Spoiler

the alien entities.

One question I had for any devs watching: how do you sync a drone with a grid created by the Movement Grid Module? As far as I can tell the only thing that associated a grid and a drone is the parameter in bin_fnc_setObjectGrid, but it seems that the module just sets that to the module object with no way to change it. I also tried syncing and grouping to an alien entity, but no luck there.