DnA

Contact Expansion Asset Feedback

Hi @BIS, we look forward to the new DLS with impatience and as always hope for the best!

As I understand it in DLC contact breathing masks and gas masks will be of great importance, however, today in Arma3, the player still does not have a gas mask simulation (mask - texture mapping), despite the fact that some mod-makers have already implemented this simulation.

Example here:

27147777_m.jpg

This is an image of a first-person player wearing a gas mask. Looks good, no doubt about it! 

@BIS, Please make this feature for all gas masks and breathing masks.  This simulation can greatly improve first person gameplay. If you also will  add a special filter for voice player in the mask, then it will be just a masterpiece!

As seems to me, at least one of the two ( textured mask or special filter for voice player/masked breath, when he in the gas mask) must be implemented in this DLC.  Without both items, the player will not feel the mask on his face - I think that would be a big disappointment for players

• Like 12

On 7/4/2019 at 7:08 AM, FoxFort said:

BTW, Spetsnaz Team Leader from Combat Patrol group has wrong type of under barrel grenades, 3 round instead 1 round grenades. 

Yo devs, you missed my report, should be a 30 seconds fix.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, mickeymen said:

As I understand it in DLC contact breathing masks and gas masks will be of great importance, however, today in Arma3, the player still does not have a gas mask simulation (mask - texture mapping), despite the fact that some mod-makers have already implemented this simulation.

As seems to me, at least one of the two ( textured mask or special filter for voice player/masked breath, when he in the gas mask) must be implemented in this DLC.  Without both items, the player will not feel the mask on his face - I think that would be a big disappointment for players

So much this. ^^

Could it be that in this particular instance the developers are content to see the community step in and bridge this gaping gap? The lack of a vanilla solution here is a glaring oversight. 

• Like 3

Hm. If there are used scripted solutions in the campaign around gasmasks etc. how hard would be put these scripts into editor modules to make these functionalities available in the sandbox, out of campaign? Unless these scripts are non-universal, but bound to certain plot situations, not designed to work/make sense out of this context. 

• Like 4

It's sad when an admirer of a game knows that the developers of the game know how to add a new feature, but the developers say it will not do this because there are people in the community who know how to create such a feature with script.

So buck admirer of the game will depend on someone to create and make available such a resource that the developer himself could have done.

But nobody will know the day that this good boy will create the script with the feature and where the script will be available, since if someone asks the Mod topic when it will be ready, you will receive a moderation warning that you should not ask about it, because that feature is ready when the creator of the mod decides when it will be ready.

Many times the person only wants to use a feature that the game developers could have added, so to have only this feature, he needs to download a 500MB Mod or more to use only this feature, when this could be solved with 30MB if Dev had added it to the game.

What I mean is, BI could add a module that has some effect on the health of the character because it is not equipped with CBRN equipment, and not expect that to be done by someone in the community.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

THANKS BI!  the rpg42 no more with the optic inside the shoulder of the specnaz!
was very ugly to see.

I have to admit the specnaz character is very versatile, useful, good to see in any scenario  (maybe not in jungle)
the cherry on top, would be the black painted faces like in arma 2 and a "partisan" version for the camo

• Like 1

Fixed: Granit Suit geometry clipping through the insignia patch on the left upper arm

❤️

Should the police beacons emit light like the new orange beacon? because they currently don't.

B_W_Soldier_Lat2_F have Carl Gustav launcher /MAAWS but ammunition for PCML = cannot fire because he don't have ammo/incorrect ammo. And opposite PCML soldier have MAAWS ammo

12 hours ago, icarus86 said:

Should the police beacons emit light like the new orange beacon? because they currently don't.

No, only roof rack beacon is emitting light since. It has it's own limitations (like needing of front lights to be turned on) so it's not planned to implement such behavior to other variants.

7 hours ago, XOSPECTRE said:

B_W_Soldier_Lat2_F have Carl Gustav launcher /MAAWS but ammunition for PCML = cannot fire because he don't have ammo/incorrect ammo. And opposite PCML soldier have MAAWS ammo

It should be fixed in next devbranch update. Seems like one of the pbos responsible for backpacks didn't get into latest update.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, reyhard said:

No, only roof rack beacon is emitting light since. It has it's own limitations (like needing of front lights to be turned on) so it's not planned to implement such behavior to other variants.

Would it be possible to get that orange beacon as a placeable object in the editor?  That would be an awesome addition for mission makers.

Also, can anyone tell me, what is the purpose of the new cargo platform? Maybe I'm missing something,  but with no ladder up to it, I'm not sure what function it would serve.

48 minutes ago, stburr91 said:

Also, can anyone tell me, what is the purpose of the new cargo platform?

It is perhaps the most powerful asset of the expansion, yet nobody seems to have unlocked its full potential yet 😈

We use it to create a flat surface / composition on any sloped terrain. The idea is to have at least one side at the same height as the terrain, and then the legs should lower themselves to support the platform wherever the terrain is lower. The side panels can be rotated / hidden to snap them together for larger constructions. Go nuts! 😎

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, DnA said:

It is perhaps the most powerful asset of the expansion, yet nobody seems to have unlocked its full potential yet 😈

We use it to create a flat surface / composition on any sloped terrain. The idea is to have at least one side at the same height as the terrain, and then the legs should lower themselves to support the platform wherever the terrain is lower. The side panels can be rotated / hidden to snap them together for larger constructions. Go nuts! 😎

Shh...don't tell anyone: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1801324888

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, DnA said:

That's pretty interesting. Maybe you guys should mention that in one of the dev vlogs, or something, because I'm sure I'm not the only one that didn't know this.

13 minutes ago, Beagle said:

How do you reload these?

I guess that's the night shift guy's problem. 😉  

You don't have to put them up that high. They make a great base for the anti-air assets if you just flip down the sides 45° and keep the platform as low to the ground that the edges are touching down. It looks pretty good and much better than having the turrets sit on plain earth.

• Like 1

i would love to see an altyn helmet and an ots-14 groza or as val kinda thing ... pso scopes would be also nice

13 minutes ago, MrBamBus said:

i would love to see an altyn helmet and an ots-14 groza or as val kinda thing ... pso scopes would be also nice

Russia is moving away from Soviet era Equipment... RL AND in ArmAverse, 2039. The "Kir" is just that, a modern "Val".

11 minutes ago, MrBamBus said:

The new helmets are essentially Altyn helmets.

The game already has an AS-VAL type rifle.

2 minutes ago, Col. Akhanteros said:

Currently a lot of player ask for Stuff to be added that's already in a DLCs... do the math.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Col. Akhanteros said:

i meant a helmet that looks like an altyn with the visor only for the athmosphere and an asp kir with full auto and 20+ rounds

The new flatbed HEMTTs are awesome:

F0ECC8736D5C8DBBA6824F03E80D49ED85950065

*Note: The above screenshot uses the attachTo command: CIWSNameHere attachTo [HEMTTNameHere, [0, 0, 1.74] ];

I'm curious if there is any way to allow the loading of the Praetorian onto a flatbed while being able to fire? I know there might be technical limitations/issues related to how the vehicle loading works as a whole that prevent this. But it would be convenient for stuff like Zeus where scripting access is limited at best.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Col. Akhanteros said:

are CSAT helmets less sophisticated
5orrlx.jpg

5 hours ago, DropbearCommando said:

The new flatbed HEMTTs are awesome:

F0ECC8736D5C8DBBA6824F03E80D49ED85950065

*Note: The above screenshot uses the attachTo command: CIWSNameHere attachTo [HEMTTNameHere, [0, 0, 1.74] ];

I'm curious if there is any way to allow the loading of the Praetorian onto a flatbed while being able to fire? I know there might be technical limitations/issues related to how the vehicle loading works as a whole that prevent this. But it would be convenient for stuff like Zeus where scripting access is limited at best.

in editor I tried to put on it a Container without any command and work good

8 hours ago, DropbearCommando said:

The above screenshot uses the attachTo command: CIWSNameHere attachTo [HEMTTNameHere, [0, 0, 1.74] ];

Alternatively put this into the init of the CWIS:

[this, (getPos this nearestObject "Car")] call BIS_fnc_attachToRelative;

This works for every "car" type vehicle (works for all other types as well) and attaches them together as placed in the editor. So a lot less try and error while making them look good.

This doesnt use unit names so you can just copy and paste what you created over and over again.

• Like 3

pt8QoXi.jpg

You don't need new HEMTTs for those, old looks better imo.

• Haha 1