DnA

Contact Expansion Asset Feedback

10 minutes ago, Azrael000 said:

The MX SW mag cant be ussed by any other MX weapon that was my main point, and i want it to be able with Vanilla game without anny mods

Length has nothing to do in that case, also six12 comes with different length variants, and there is standalone variant, and main reason that military could use Six12 + Frag12 is that it is causing less damage than 40mm and its more accurate.

Uh, yes they can. Not only was it explained in a fair amount of depth in an update's log posted publicly by a developer/community manager, but the Arma fandom wiki (won't post the link) outright says, and I quote:

All variants of the MX support being fed with either STANAGs or 100-round straight-box belt magazines. No matter the magazine, they are always available in three finishes; the standard Sand, Khaki or Black. All are fully interchangeable regardless of weapon variant (i.e. MXMs can accept 100-round magazines):

Meaning that (and I have tested this personally) MX rifles and their magazines can be mixed and matched. You could have a khaki-colored MX SW magazine loaded in a black MXC if you wanted (for whatever reason) or needed to. They also increased the MX SW's firing rate to give it an advantage over the other MX variants (for example, you could have an LMG-grenade launcher combo if you threw a 100-round magazine on the MX 3GL) since it used to be the only version capable of loading the 100-rounders.

And my point with FRAG-12 is entirely relevant, because in the case of Contact, it isn't a full-length shotgun; it's an underbarrel breaching shotgun, and only a complete idiot would load high explosive shells into a weapon designed to blow the locks off of doors and to breach into a room and blast guys in close quarters. I'm pretty sure it'd be a war crime or something to shoot a guy with an explosive shell point blank, too.

12 minutes ago, maccrawinthejaw said:

Uh, yes they can. Not only was it explained in a fair amount of depth in an update's log posted publicly by a developer/community manager, but the Arma fandom wiki (won't post the link) outright says, and I quote:

Meaning that (and I have tested this personally) MX rifles and their magazines can be mixed and matched. You could have a khaki-colored MX SW magazine loaded in a black MXC if you wanted (for whatever reason) or needed to.

And my point with FRAG-12 is entirely relevant, because in the case of Contact, it isn't a full-length shotgun; it's an underbarrel breaching shotgun, and only a complete idiot would load high explosive shells into a weapon designed to blow the locks off of doors and to breach into a room and blast guys in close quarters. I'm pretty sure it'd be a war crime or something to shoot a guy with an explosive shell point blank, too.

Chill out a little, there are different barrels and also a short barrel can shot a frag12 accurately to range of 75m, did i said anything about blast indoor, and about MX mags yes its working fine had to do something wrong last night.

The shottie got a tad better reload animation, still seems wonky though. With a two-shot gun I'll be reloading quite often, and that animation is going to get the shit stared out of it. It still looks like it has 5 keyframes 😞

4 hours ago, maccrawinthejaw said:

I'm pretty sure it'd be a war crime or something to shoot a guy with an explosive shell point blank, too.

Explosive shells no, but I guess AP/slugs/general deforming rounds are against the hague (I guess?) convention.

All other rounds including flechettes and HE are legal.

Might have changed though, been a while, heh.

Cheers

• Like 1

One window of grey building (don't know exactly what building it is) is impenetrable.

Hi,

Where can I find list of assets that will be available for everyone (platform update) once Contact is release? To be more specific I am curious what equipment from LDF faction will be free to use for those who will not own Contact expansion.

Obviously I have already bought Contact DLC, but as a modder I want to start working/planning on using Contact assets so that non-owners could use in my mod as well.

That "U_I_E_Uniform_01_F" model I was waiting for it since I bought A3 years ago. For now I have my eyes on that uniform + rolled-up version and maybe new LDF vests. 

One more thing, would it be possible to have texture template of that uniform and LDF vest template so that i can start working on a new textures?

• Like 1

@FoxFort, you can click on the Contact icon in the main menu, from there you can see what assets are tagged as "Premium Content". 

• Thanks 1

Spoiler

S13oyZS.jpg

PowYNSq.jpg

The previous version of hand animations was better tbh. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but don't you fell uncomfortable when you look at this hand animations. In my opinion character should move his thumb from handguard to vertical grip, like it's made on MX SW

Spoiler

iU2oQAu.jpg

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, EO said:

@FoxFort, you can click on the Contact icon in the main menu, from there you can see what assets are tagged as "Premium Content". 

Ah yes, thank you. Found it. Hmm, the uniform I have my sight on is part of premium content. 

What about "U_I_L_Uniform _01_camo_F - Deserter Clothes (Jacket)" will this one be available for non-owners to use it freely?

I noticed there is a spinal board added, will there be an animation for a unit as if they were laying on a spinal board?  

57 minutes ago, OlegAckbar said:

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but don't you fell uncomfortable when you look at this hand animations. In my opinion character should move his thumb from handguard to vertical grip, like it's made on MX SW

Seems like the thumb break hold where you do not to wrap the thumb around the back of the grip, is a fairly favourable grip for Russian SOF

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/cpspr2obqza21.jpg

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/42862316_256052751719064_2817389028804919296_o.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ZActvEy.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/60/5a/82/605a82c6fe8c7c22ca99bd13dfde3111.jpg

The purpose of a high thumb is to allow you to brace a little against muzzle climb by having a point of contact above the rifle's bore.

EdenEditor: List on the right - LDF Pathfinder icon view is different than unit kit.

Names switched: LDF Modular Carrier Vest Olive and Geometric.

Sweeter LDF uniform = LDF Recon Squad. I hope so.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2019 at 10:55 AM, DnA said:

To give some context: what is being added is far more sandbox content than was originally planned. But we fully understand there's always more that would be useful and cool to have. Time allowing, we have a wishlist of our own that we may get a chance to look at post-release (just don't expect major stuff, like wholly new vehicles). Contact was started first and foremost as a project to explore the 'first contact' premise within the Armaverse. Along the way we had the opportunity to go much, much bigger with sandbox additions than we truly needed to tell our story (the campaign). We think there's a lot there, much of it free to the platform, but can also see where there's room for improvement 🙂

I really appreciate the new, generic additions to the game. The quality of the added assets is tremendous and positively dripping with potential.  In fact, I suspect that I am not alone in being more excited about the editions to the sandbox than I am exploring the single player content.  I hope it doesn't go unnoticed that the dimensional qualities of generic assets multiply their usefulness. 

(1) A single olive drab retexture lets an asset used across as a stand in for any faction on nearly any terrain. The reskinned FV-720 Mora is beautiful in its Livonian livery, but had it been generic green, it could have been used everywhere.  The same is true for  uniforms and other trappings. Given the expanse of Arma3 assets, this is potentially an endless task, but a few choice retextures expand the range where those particular assets can be used infinitely. 

(2) Another dimensional aspect is technology.  Especially older, legacy weapons and equipment add to the simulations depth. When Apex introduced the AKM and AKS and RPG7, it suddenly became possible to actually simulate more primitively equipped foes. This feeds back to the authenticity of the modern weapons; the MX rifle is truly experienced as a 2035 rifle only when contrasted to an older, inferior one. Notably, because this is a 2035 setting, one does not need an entire library of obsolete weapons. The AKM can be a stand in for any AK-variant. 

I can illustrate these aspects with two examples:  (a) Consider the Mk.30 HMG. With thermal and magnified optics it is a tough weapon to use as a mission maker.  In the hands of a player it quickly achieves sniper like accuracy and the AI is not far behind, particularly when employed against helicopters. The modern HMG  is simply too good  for the majority of mission types.  If it was possible to disconnect the M2 HMG from the technical truck to create a tripod variant, mission making possibilities would expand immensely.   

(b) Closely related is the deadliness of high tech weapons.  This is particularly true of anti-aircraft weapon systems. This is primarily a AI concern, but there are no ways of discouraging helicopters from entering air space beyond a binary,  "I see you, you are killed" responses. There are no soft air countermeasures.  The static (or man portable) AA Launchers are both extremely potent.  A config level change which would allow the RPG7 to target air craft (and preferably infantry), would immediately open new, very interesting scenario possibilities.  Or in a mode similar to what is suggested in [a], creating a tripod mounted Minigun  based on the Qilin assets, would introduce a fitting for 2035, static ZSU-23-2 equivalent.  Good for discouraging both helicopters and UAVs. 

Obviously playing modded Arma3 will alleviate these concerns.  For all my suggestions covered in [1] and [2] have been met by the community. But mods are not always available and these low level expansions to the core game expand the horizon of potential scenarios in a huge manner.  If anything, take it as critical viewpoint for future games. 

-k 

• Like 8

(1) I use colors instead of creating new textures for utilize present vehicles.

Drop to ini box and you have vehicle in any color you want. Use Connor's ColorPicker mod for finding colors.

call{
this setObjectTextureGlobal [0,"#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.518,0.519,0.455,0.2)"];
this setObjectTextureGlobal [1,"#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.518,0.519,0.455,0.2)"];
this setObjectTextureGlobal [2,"#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.518,0.519,0.455,0.2)"];
this setObjectTextureGlobal [3,"#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.518,0.519,0.455,0.2)"];
}

And this can be useful too:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1169035373

I just wonder about LDF firepower. Is it going to be the weakest Arma3 faction?

For now it looks like LDF place in INDFOR on a second place: AAF > LDF > FIA > Syndikat > Looters

It would be nice to equip LDF with tanks and planes.

One plane: A-143 Buzzard and one tank MBT-52 Kuma with proper liveries. And even then, LDF will stay on that second INDFOR factions place but will become more serious player. Otherwise it's just FIA with fancy looking rifles.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Glow said:

For now it looks like LDF place in INDFOR on a second place: AAF > LDF > FIA > Syndikat > Looters

One plane: A-143 Buzzard and one tank MBT-52 Kuma with proper liveries. And even then, LDF will stay on that second INDFOR factions place but will become more serious player. Otherwise it's just FIA with fancy looking rifles.

Yeah, planes would be nice. But Proper retextures of Gryffon and Neophron would fit better I guess. Would also be an "new" plane for Indfor.

1 minute ago, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

Yeah, planes would be nice. But Proper retextures of Gryffon and Neophron would fit better I guess. Would also be an "new" plane for Indfor.

A Western version of the Neophron would be very welcome, indeed.

For those unaware, a Western version of the Yak-130 is produced in Italy, known as the M-346 Master. It is used by Poland, Italy, Singapore, and Israel.

Alenia_Aermacchi_T-346A_Master_MM55155_6

CSX55152-AermacchiM346-Italy-Farnborough

I'm sure it wouldn't be too big of a change, the MFDs are already English so you would just have to add a hiddenSelection for the interior to replace the blue paint and Russian text.

Can we at least get the hiddenSelection for the interiors, for modders? 🙂

• Like 5

I would love it if we could get the signs in the game that aren't in the editor like stop signs, and the blue and red no parking/waiting sign. Every time I build a checkpoint and can't put a stop sign up it drives me crazy. Even speed limit signs aren't available in the editor and would be nice to have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glow said:

If they could add or tank PL-01 its a prototype and not sure is it really good or just a crap but its look like this
pl_01.jpg

Also i can give my helli project to BiS if they are interested, i did not finished it cause my experience and amount of free time are running low

mk5fU0o.jpg

05KFq3F.jpg

KWuFjvn.jpg

C6SFA7P.jpg

• Like 2

lower smersh fix nearly done, just small clipping issues

7B9E80A7F02283C78BCC206B40C3A729F32CBC77

chest level still awful.

4AEC7936CB005578C5F6125EDC310AD0B1E45A5F

this pouches... they never posed here irl for reason, you know? and, is it really necessary, this wannabe tacticool chest pistol holster? it even doesnt fit animation, pistol just appear\disappear, maybe, russians are aliens?

• Like 1

The new pouches placement on smersh are improvement. They make more sense now, 1) they are not clipping so much into legs, 2) from reality perspective, being prone and lying on your belly means they are not pushing into your stomach and ribs. Thank you devs for this correction.

If you would be so kind and add knee pads to Granit suit that would be superb. Legs on granit suit looks too simple,  too much tube like. They need something to break that "unnatural" shape.

EDIT:

BTW, Spetsnaz Team Leader from Combat Patrol group has wrong type of under barrel grenades, 3 round instead 1 round grenades. 

• Like 3

On 7/3/2019 at 7:40 AM, Glow said:

(1) I use colors instead of creating new textures for utilize present vehicles.

Drop to ini box and you have vehicle in any color you want. Use Connor's ColorPicker mod for finding colors.

call{
this setObjectTextureGlobal [0,"#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.518,0.519,0.455,0.2)"];
this setObjectTextureGlobal [1,"#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.518,0.519,0.455,0.2)"];
this setObjectTextureGlobal [2,"#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.518,0.519,0.455,0.2)"];
this setObjectTextureGlobal [3,"#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.518,0.519,0.455,0.2)"];
}

And this can be useful too:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1169035373

I just tried this on the Kuma, and it looked ok, a little shiny. However, if you use those textures, you can't use the camo netting.

There are unused NATO (light green color) textures in the game for the Gorgon, and Strider that looks pretty good. There is also a CSAT grey camo for the Buzzard without any AAF markings. These are all usable to help augment the LDF without any need for mods. 

The unused textures can be found here.

• Like 1

Black Gorka: IMHO the contrast between Gray and black should be more accentuated, the gray need to be more bright (at least black 65%) that match with the gray military cap already in game.

in this manner you have civil/urban/guerrilla clothes or a similar OMON /FSB uniform 
EDIT!!!
never mind, leave as is and enable the CapPatrol black, already in game,  is almost perfect
"A3\Characters_F_epb\Common\Data\cappatrol_blk_co.paa"

29ip0m.jpg

Edited by zukov
experiment for black gorka
  • Like 4

This is probably the smallest nitpick I'll ever dare to voice, but why is the color of the fire selector symbology on the Promet backwards from basically every other kind of firearm that comes to mind? Being white for safe and red for "bang".

CcnOo30.jpg?1

I haven't read the entire thread, so I apologize if this has already been asked and/or implemented. 

Would it be possible to add a Livonian version of the MBT-52 (Leopard 2) for the expansion? I realize it is a only a couple of weeks left until the release but I think it would be nice to have another nation have the Kuma. The Kuma would fit really well with the overall theme of Livonia, as the nation seems it is modeled after Poland, which uses the Leopard 2. In addition, if the camo for the Kuma is close to a NATO woodland camo it could be easily implemented with the woodland fatigues for use in many other nations. 

Thanks, keep up the great work!

Am I the only one who thinks the Offroads antennas movement looks silly? That trick with the suspension might have worked in OFP but nowadays ....