DnA

Contact Expansion Asset Feedback

4 hours ago, AveryTheKitty said:

msbs-556b-2018-03.jpg

Poland ordered 53.000 of the MSBS-K which is the conventional variant.

Yes, there obviously is a bullpup variant but it is not going to be their standard rifle.

Rule of cool - bullpup looks better. Also the MSBS-K would probably look too similar to what we already have with the MX and SPAR. Either way, players would probably complain that the other variant is missing.

• Like 1

When comparing the picture to the current in game version of the Promet the Promet looks still oversized. A change in calibre shouldn't cause that...

The Promet looks more similar in size to a KSG shotgun imho...

4 minutes ago, lexx said:

Rule of cool - bullpup looks better. Also the MSBS-K would probably look too similar to what we already have with the MX and SPAR. Either way, players would probably complain that the other variant is missing.

Which is exactly what people are doing right now, complaining that the K is missing. I'm okay with the B but the K has more modularity. I agree though, NATO lacks bullpup weapons while all branches of CSAT and (to a lesser extent) the AAF and the FIA make liberal use of them.

I just wish there were more modders making new weapons on a regular basis, the MSBS-K being one of them.

12 minutes ago, maccrawinthejaw said:

I just wish there were more modders making new weapons on a regular basis, the MSBS-K being one of them.

PSZ team has quite nice MSBS 😉 Maybe it's not the latest production variant but it's still quite nice to play with

• Like 1

the msbsk looks almost like a scar, i think the bullup is more stylized.

Which has always been the rule for vanilla a3 stuff, style and sandbox demonstration.

Its been easier to faction-code bullpup weapons for sci-fi/futurish stuff

It seems like I have noticed a problem with some of the assets... I believe AK-12 (Despite it being AK-15 in reality), is about 2 times heavier than real life for example.I think other ones are Minimi based machineguns, they also weigh more than in real life while other rifles/machineguns seem to generally weigh around real life weights.I believe some APEX weapons and variants of those Contact/APEX weapons are also quite a bit heavier than real life base they used. AK-15 in real life weighs 4.16kg in combat weight and weighs about 3.33kg non-combat weight with RPK at 6kg combat weight. In-game AK-12 weighs almost twice as real life one at 6.7kg or so. I do hope that devs will go over the weights of weapons once again. It's sort of weird to see the inconsistency in weights which affects stamina stat heavily even before gearing out for combat. 

7 hours ago, icarus86 said:

the msbsk looks almost like a scar, i think the bullup is more stylized.

Which has always been the rule for vanilla a3 stuff, style and sandbox demonstration.

Its been easier to faction-code bullpup weapons for sci-fi/futurish stuff

MSBS is actually based on Magpul Masada aka later ACR fyi 😉

More ridiculous is that A3 Promet MR - got like 30 inch barrel

4 hours ago, ISparkle said:

It seems like I have noticed a problem with some of the assets... I believe AK-12 (Despite it being AK-15 in reality), is about 2 times heavier than real life for example.I think other ones are Minimi based machineguns, they also weigh more than in real life while other rifles/machineguns seem to generally weigh around real life weights.I believe some APEX weapons and variants of those Contact/APEX weapons are also quite a bit heavier than real life base they used. AK-15 in real life weighs 4.16kg in combat weight and weighs about 3.33kg non-combat weight with RPK at 6kg combat weight. In-game AK-12 weighs almost twice as real life one at 6.7kg or so. I do hope that devs will go over the weights of weapons once again. It's sort of weird to see the inconsistency in weights which affects stamina stat heavily even before gearing out for combat. 

True , but it's bacause of A3 mass system

//: oops , can you merge this 

5 hours ago, ISparkle said:

There is no such thing as mass in KG for weapons. Weapons parameter "mass" is combined mass & volume which of course leads to many compromises.

1 hour ago, roberthammer said:

MSBS is actually based on Magpul Masada aka later ACR fyi 😉

More ridiculous is that A3 Promet MR - got like 30 inch barrel 

Well, I'm not sure where you got those 30 inches but I measured it in OB and it's 22.5 inches which is not that odd for marksman rifles. Unless you are counting in muzzle brake as barrel too...

31 minutes ago, reyhard said:

Well, I'm not sure where you got those 30 inches but I measured it in OB and it's 22.5 inches which is not that odd for marksman rifles. Unless you are counting in muzzle brake as barrel too...

For a non bullpup semi automatic rifles yes but for a bullpup rifle even that's too much , atm it's more like a LSW - real the Grot marskman only uses 16 inch barrel so does most of the bullpups , because it's a perfect balance for a bullpup

also if you mount the BI's trademarked long suppressor , yea ... :tounge2:

7 minutes ago, roberthammer said:

Grot marskman only used 16 inch

It's using 20 inch barrel. Note number 20 in their names

image.png.f712a20cb9b80aaccb92ee75adc526f3.png

image.png.64115d0c3667579f76fa6b8e8da755f8.png

14 minutes ago, reyhard said:

It's using 20 inch barrel. Note number 20 in their names

Well that might have been the case for the older MSBS but the Grot DMR looks like this - 406mm barrel
e0vT5T0.jpg

it's probably too late for a change anyway :hehe:

So, how does the weight system work? Why were some same caliber weapons assigned heavier mass? Like Rahim DMR uses same caliber but it is lighter than AK-12 while AK-12 weighs as much as Mk-14 with other DMRs weighing so much? I feel like knowing that will help.

18 minutes ago, reyhard said:

What you posted is older generation (prototype) variant where my pics are from latest iteration which is adopted by army as "Grot" rifle 😉 If you are not afraid of Polish language you might try to read about it here 😄 https://fragout.uberflip.com/i/1055276-frag-out-magazine-22-pl/117?

you got me there but why on main FB site , they would use "outdated" data?

> Cars - Offroad - customization in Arsenal: Hide antennas - should set off for Hide roof rack. Antennas without roof rack are hanging in air or properly adjusted antennas position would be nice to have;

29 minutes ago, Glow said:

> Cars - Offroad - customization in Arsenal: Hide antennas - should set off for Hide roof rack. Antennas without roof rack are hanging in air or properly adjusted antennas position would be nice to have;

I cannot unhide antennas when roof rack is hidden. Are you using some mods or is it some combinations of components?

Btw: Why are you typing > on every line? It's sort of confusing since this sign is usually used when quoting someone

Finally in RC branch something is working as suppose, an AK12 GL can use 75 round magazines of RPK12 And that is Cool, actually i am hoping for MX SW mags will be shared with all other 6.5 guns, if someone don't like this, please tell that to company that created a 50rnd 7.62x51 mags for SR-25/m110 also we need Frag12 for the shotguns, this ammo is not exclusive to AA-12 it can be fired by any shotgun that is chambered for 12 gauge round length of 70, and have no choke, so basically for military use of Six12 shotgun mounted under barrel will be with 3 types of ammo with are: Door Breaches rounds, Frag12, and Rubber rounds, there might be use of pellet rounds but only for snipers to have additional power when close encountered, please consider this in next update.

13 hours ago, reyhard said:

PSZ team has quite nice MSBS 😉 Maybe it's not the latest production variant but it's still quite nice to play with

PSZ team? Is that on Steam? And how good are we talking quality-wise (screenshots?)?

And About FBR MSBS Bullpup Grot (Promet)
Case1 with is with The top one is prototype and lower one is Factory release
msbs-556b-2018-05.jpg

Case 2 the shortie
comment_d8WBp4iVtSOXh6GTe4sujpgTNFlR74Ff

And finaly Polish DMR created in Fabryka Broni Tarnów .308
peirme_SKW3082.jpg

840_472_matched__peirgb_SKW308.jpg
And .338

peirn8_SKW338.jpg

peiro9_SKW3382.jpg

We also got Bullpup KWK Wilk with has 3 dffrent Wariations Bor .308, Alex .338, Tor .50 but they are crap

• Like 2

1 hour ago, reyhard said:

I cannot unhide antennas when roof rack is hidden. Are you using some mods or is it some combinations of components?

Btw: Why are you typing > on every line? It's sort of confusing since this sign is usually used when quoting someone

Ignore my last. I had mods on my list in launcher. BTW. Launcher option - Start without any mod or optional DLC - that's not working. It start with loading previous list.

No more confusing BI devs. Copy that.

16 minutes ago, Azrael000 said:

Finally in RC branch something is working as suppose, an AK12 GL can use 75 round magazines of RPK12 And that is Cool, actually i am hoping for MX SW mags will be shared with all other 6.5 guns, if someone don't like this, please tell that to company that created a 50rnd 7.62x51 mags for SR-25/m110 also we need Frag12 for the shotguns, this ammo is not exclusive to AA-12 it can be fired by any shotgun that is chambered for 12 gauge round length of 70, and have no choke, so basically for military use of Six12 shotgun mounted under barrel will be with 3 types of ammo with are: Door Breaches rounds, Frag12, and Rubber rounds, there might be use of pellet rounds but only for snipers to have additional power when close encountered, please consider this in next update.

The MX SW magazines are dimensionally different than the Promet's magazine well (from what I can tell), but considering that apparently it was CBA that made it to where you can load Katiba magazines into the MX rifles, perhaps they'll have it where MX mags can load into the Promet and vice-versa.

FRAG-12 is needless overkill on anything shy of an AA-12 or any automatic shotgun in a rifle configuration (the Saiga 12/20 and USAS-12 being two other examples). When you look at how short the Six12 is and consider that it's meant for door breaching and room clearing in close quarters, you're just as likely to kill yourself as you are the enemy. It's totally pointless.

The MX SW mag cant be ussed by any other MX weapon that was my main point, and i want it to be able with Vanilla game without anny mods

Length has nothing to do in that case, also six12 comes with different length variants, and there is standalone variant, and main reason that military could use Six12 + Frag12 is that it is causing less damage than 40mm and its more accurate.