DnA

Contact Expansion Asset Feedback

I still crave woman for Arma 3, maybe the aliens will give them back at the end of the SP campaign, but the new male heads make up for it. They look great.

This DLC is turning out to be a real gem, It blows Apex out the water. :rthumb:

#pleasedoaContactlivestream

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, nkenny said:

Strictly speaking the Contact-DLC Gorkas have the same level of protection as the CSAT fatigues at half the weight. There is also a new unique camo pattern, Tundra, for the Russians. Quite advanced in other words. 

-k 

I saw that, but why Gorka. It's quite outdated even nowadays. 

Tundra is pretty nice, I admit that. Hope csat armor, aircrafts and vehicles will get this pattern too. 

It's a small thing really, but I was soooo happy to see the new hand positions on the HK416 rifles. ❤️

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, haleks said:

It's a small thing really, but I was soooo happy to see the new hand positions on the HK416 rifles. ❤️

Yup! finally!

10 hours ago, FoxFort said:

I've noticed that there are two identical crew helmets appearing in VA. Crew Helmet (Soft) [CSAT] and Crew Helmet (Soft) [LDF], wouldn't be easier to have only one? In a sense to rename just into Crew Helmet (Soft) instead making it faction named/assigned?

It's not just this one item, there are several items labeled "LDF" which are exactly the same model and texture as another item. Crew Helmet [AAF/LDF], Heli Crew Helmet [CSAT/LDF], Heli Pilot Helmet [CSAT/LDF], Pilot Helmet [CSAT/LDF] etc.. Why can't we just have Crew Helmet (Soft) instead of Crew Helmet (Soft) [CSAT] and Crew Helmet (Soft) [LDF] which are exactly the same! There is literally no difference, so why do we need separate items? The Arsenal is already cluttered with an overload of repetitive items, if we somehow can't have each item type with a texture choice sub-menu, at least can we try to limit the amount of repetition? I already have to disable all my mods just to use the Arsenal because I don't have time to scroll 45 minutes to find a fedora hat.

Worst offender is Kitbag (Green) and Kitbag (Green) with a Contact logo next to its name. Not only are they the exact same model and texture, they even have the exact same name. Twice. 🤨 Hey, if we are paying for this, I should at least be able to brag to my friends that the Contact Kitbag (Green) is better than their lowly Kitbag (Green) Non-Contact.

• Like 3

With regards to certain pure Reskins being marked as Contact or even being premium for it, we will still be doing a clean-up pass of that (some of it possibly post-release). This can be caused by developing the data in the Enoch / Contact addons (which marks them such), and us not not yet having merged / moved them back to the source location (such as the platform or another DLC). It does not apply to everything, but we'll look into it.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ruslan1414_1992 said:

Iranian special forces: advanced fatigues with ballistic protection and super helmets with visors. 

Chinese special forces: futuristic super advanced viper suits. 

Russian special forces: 50-years-old Gorka fatigue with no armor, camo and protection equipment. 

You are kidding, right? Please, tell me you just kidding. 

Elite Russian spetnaz, that execute covered operation deep inside enemy territory in 2039 (!) looks like a hobos. No offense, devs did a great job and I would like this dlc, but... I can't understand this. 

It wasn't enough to cry about gorka on the russian arma community, so you come here to cry about how bad another dlc is?

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, DnA said:

With regards to certain pure Reskins being marked as Contact or even being premium for it, we will still be doing a clean-up pass of that (some of it possibly post-release). This can be caused by developing the data in the Enoch / Contact addons (which marks them such), and us not not yet having merged / moved them back to the source location (such as the platform or another DLC). It does not apply to everything, but we'll look into it.

Makes sense, thanks!

Don't underestimate armoured CSAT armour suit. Let me give some numbers.  The data is derived from a single static shooter equipped with a 6.5 Katiba Rifle. At a distance of 150M are four inactive targets. The principal measurements are time to kill all four targets and accuracy (shots fired and hits). Each permutation was tested in 50 cycles. 

Spoiler

STANDING TARGETS
arifle_Katiba_F - average accuracy: 44 percent (6/13) - average time: 00:12 - total cycles: (50/50) - range : 150M  

PRONE TARGETS
arifle_Katiba_F - average accuracy: 34 percent (7/24) - average time: 00:22 - total cycles: (50/50) - range : 150M

STANDING CSAT ARMOURED (Protector helmet, LBV Harness, CSAT Fatigues)
arifle_Katiba_F - average accuracy: 45 percent (12/29) - average time: 00:27 - total cycles: (50/50) - range : 150M

STANDING NATO ARMOURED (Enhanced combat helmet, Plate Carrier, NATO Uniform)
arifle_Katiba_F - average accuracy: 44 percent (15/36) - average time: 00:34 - total cycles: (50/50) - range : 150M

STANDING AAF ARMOURED (Modular helmet, Carrier Lite, AAF Combat Fatigues)
arifle_Katiba_F - average accuracy: 46 percent (12/26) - average time: 00:23 - total cycles: (50/50) - range : 150M

The numbers presented test a number of things. First a baseline, that is facing standing targets.  Second is facing prone targets.  Then follows armoured targets in the order of CSAT, NATO and AAF.  Unfortunately the AAF tests were run with only the Lite Carrier Rig, so numbers for that faction are not entirely accurate. I'm looking primarily at the number of hits and time spent for each testing revolution. 

So. Looking at the figures.  If the targeted fire-team drops prone, their chances of survival increase quite substantially. The average time increases from 12 to 22 seconds-- almost doubling.  The number of hits registered, interestingly, also increases to 374 (a 34% increase from the baseline).

If the team remains standing, but is equipped with basic CSAT armoured uniform, i.e., the Spetsnaz equivalent, the survival time again leaps ahead:  27 seconds (15 second increase). Almost half a minute more to find and kill the shooter. The number of hits necessary is now 614, a 125% increase.  

NATO armour is the most powerful basic armour tested in this run. The basic plate carrier and enhanced combat helmet add the best survival potential: 34 seconds and a whooping 773 hits necessary~ a 176% increase from naked troops. 

Finally the lightly armoured AAF trooper is still not left behind. With the lite carrier the average time increases to 23 seconds (11 second increase) and requires 585 hits (109% increase) 

--- 

There are some factors to bear in mind.  This test is done in a white room. No cover, no motion, no incoming enemy fire. In a realistic setting, even 3 seconds of response time is substantial.  For very little weight CSAT fatigues greatly improves survivability. Especially when combined with a robust helmet. Finally, the Russian Spetsnaz troops are recon troops.  In comparison NATO recon troops are without armour at all. 

-k 

1 hour ago, nkenny said:

Don't underestimate armoured CSAT armour suit. Let me give some numbers.  The data is derived from a single static shooter equipped with a 6.5 Katiba Rifle. At a distance of 150M are four inactive targets. The principal measurements are time to kill all four targets and accuracy (shots fired and hits). Each permutation was tested in 50 cycles. 

Hide contents

STANDING TARGETS
arifle_Katiba_F - average accuracy: 44 percent (6/13) - average time: 00:12 - total cycles: (50/50) - range : 150M  

PRONE TARGETS
arifle_Katiba_F - average accuracy: 34 percent (7/24) - average time: 00:22 - total cycles: (50/50) - range : 150M

STANDING CSAT ARMOURED (Protector helmet, LBV Harness, CSAT Fatigues)
arifle_Katiba_F - average accuracy: 45 percent (12/29) - average time: 00:27 - total cycles: (50/50) - range : 150M

STANDING NATO ARMOURED (Enhanced combat helmet, Plate Carrier, NATO Uniform)
arifle_Katiba_F - average accuracy: 44 percent (15/36) - average time: 00:34 - total cycles: (50/50) - range : 150M

STANDING AAF ARMOURED (Modular helmet, Carrier Lite, AAF Combat Fatigues)
arifle_Katiba_F - average accuracy: 46 percent (12/26) - average time: 00:23 - total cycles: (50/50) - range : 150M

The numbers presented test a number of things. First a baseline, that is facing standing targets.  Second is facing prone targets.  Then follows armoured targets in the order of CSAT, NATO and AAF.  Unfortunately the AAF tests were run with only the Lite Carrier Rig, so numbers for that faction are not entirely accurate. I'm looking primarily at the number of hits and time spent for each testing revolution. 

So. Looking at the figures.  If the targeted fire-team drops prone, their chances of survival increase quite substantially. The average time increases from 12 to 22 seconds-- almost doubling.  The number of hits registered, interestingly, also increases to 374 (a 34% increase from the baseline).

If the team remains standing, but is equipped with basic CSAT armoured uniform, i.e., the Spetsnaz equivalent, the survival time again leaps ahead:  27 seconds (15 second increase). Almost half a minute more to find and kill the shooter. The number of hits necessary is now 614, a 125% increase.  

NATO armour is the most powerful basic armour tested in this run. The basic plate carrier and enhanced combat helmet add the best survival potential: 34 seconds and a whooping 773 hits necessary~ a 176% increase from naked troops. 

Finally the lightly armoured AAF trooper is still not left behind. With the lite carrier the average time increases to 23 seconds (11 second increase) and requires 585 hits (109% increase) 

--- 

There are some factors to bear in mind.  This test is done in a white room. No cover, no motion, no incoming enemy fire. In a realistic setting, even 3 seconds of response time is substantial.  For very little weight CSAT fatigues greatly improves survivability. Especially when combined with a robust helmet. Finally, the Russian Spetsnaz troops are recon troops.  In comparison NATO recon troops are without armour at all. 

-k 

Keep in mind though, some of the CSAT soldiers wear tactical vests. It would've been ideal to have Spetsnaz to have some sort of armor options other than relying on just the uniform armor underneath. Personally, I'd just settle for the plate carrier (retextured for taiga and other colors) underneath the current chest rig as an armor option. That way, BI won't have to make new model from the scratch while keeping the new chest rig and offer armored version of it

@ISparkle

I avoided the up-armoured CSAT troops, because I wanted to test the very baseline protection levels for each faction. Fundamentally I agree with your point. However the solution I would want is to add some generic types of armour which would also happen to fit the Gorka uniforms closely. That way a single retexture multiplies in usefulness. 

With that said, it bears mentioning that the Spetsnaz faction is currently the best armoured recon troops in the game. 

-k 

the gloves of spetsnaz are the same of Viper force, maybe they use the liquid armour under the Gorka
Aniway BI devs could put a little more effort on spetsnaz or a russian soldier.....
6o0ak1.jpg

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, CaptainDawson said:

Maybe the Spetsnaz ARE the aliens?

The mysterious green ones 😉

• Like 1

@DnA 

Quote from latest changelog....

Known Issue: various new faction loadouts are still undergoing tweaks / fixes

I'm hoping this extends to the Livonian Civilians in Eden, currently civilians 1 to 6 are spawning in Tanoa/Altis outfits. I expected the civilians in Eden to utilize the new civilian outfits that are available in the VA.

This has an impact on the CP modules as they are currently populating Livonia with dudes in shorts, sandals and shades. :sol:

• Like 1

Spetsnaz in gorkas looks outdated, its more 1991's, Chechnya, fall of USSR, ets, not 2039,

Kiptchak vest just uncomfortable, too low mag pouches, clipping in legs,

weird pistol holster, irl used only by posers, cos' affect the butt of the weapon, in various stances,

overall disign just strange, for me they looks like local russian minority of region, in old hunters/fishermans suits, chineese NVGs and with strangly new&fancy ak's, more like pro-Russia separatists, than professionals, equped in top-tier Ratnik-3/Sotnik suits, currently in development irl.

• Like 2

The NVGs are supposed to be csat in general iirc, not just chinese.

I think the point is there either slowly adapting csat technology or helped make it, also the amount of people who suddenly hate gorkas is startling, everyone used to worship that kinda stuff

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nkenny said:

@ISparkle

I avoided the up-armoured CSAT troops, because I wanted to test the very baseline protection levels for each faction. Fundamentally I agree with your point. However the solution I would want is to add some generic types of armour which would also happen to fit the Gorka uniforms closely. That way a single retexture multiplies in usefulness. 

With that said, it bears mentioning that the Spetsnaz faction is currently the best armoured recon troops in the game. 

-k 

Well, yeah... recon troops though, I always felt that they were weaker than the regulars as AI opponent. And yes, I think you and I are suggesting more or less the same. I think body armor part can be solved with generic plate template on front and back and don the current chest rig on top which I am sure they can resize the plate model as they see fit.

Btw, no qualms with 'gorkas' because military sometimes choose to go back and improve their older models. And this is one of those improved with armor underneath the uniform.

8 hours ago, CaptainDawson said:

Yeah who was saying the Spetsnaz weren't powerful enough?

Maybe the Spetsnaz ARE the aliens?

Lol. AI through the wall is such a classic.

Crap, I thought I was editing my post to include this...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, icarus86 said:

everyone used to worship that kinda stuff

That's the problem with generalizations. It's never "everyone" but groups can be very loud. 😆

I repeat again, the textures of gorka seems a bit faded respect all uniforms in game

208uv6c.jpg

1 minute ago, zukov said:

I repeat again, the textures of gorka seems a bit faded respect all uniforms in game

208uv6c.jpg

I agree, they are sort of blurry. Is that a Hex pattern? It seems a little too CSAT for the Spetsnaz.

1 minute ago, maccrawinthejaw said:

I agree, they are sort of blurry. Is that a Hex pattern? It seems a little too CSAT for the Spetsnaz.

is taiga pattern  seems a a bit a mix from surpat and the new flicketarn in use in russia nowadays

1 minute ago, maccrawinthejaw said:

It's a knockoff copy of the Finnish pattern. 

The editor previews are incorrect for the looter "faction" soldiers.