DnA

Contact Expansion Asset Feedback

I've noticed that there are two identical crew helmets appearing in VA. Crew Helmet (Soft) [CSAT] and Crew Helmet (Soft) [LDF], wouldn't be easier to have only one? In a sense to rename just into Crew Helmet (Soft) instead making it faction named/assigned?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, icarus86 said:

I'm curious why csat doesn't seem to get any CBRN suits.

Well, lore wise you can argue that their suits are already air-tight, so they only need the masks in combination with these suits and their helmets.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, FoxFort said:

I've noticed that there are two identical crew helmets appearing in VA. Crew Helmet (Soft) [CSAT] and Crew Helmet (Soft) [LDF], wouldn't be easier to have only one? In a sense to rename just into Crew Helmet (Soft) instead making it faction named/assigned?

Crew Helmet (Soft) [CSAT] is from Tanks DLC and would require Tanks DLC for people, who don't own it. It would be strange that you bought Arma 3 Contact edition, and it requires another DLC just because you wearing wrong helmet.

16 hours ago, maccrawinthejaw said:

It's really small but NATO combat fatigues (first noticed this with the woodland ones added in the recent update, which is totally awesome, by the way; GREAT update!) clip through the shoulders of Carrier Special Rigs. The other factions' fatigues don't have this problem.

https://imgur.com/15GW7Ju (because I can't get it to show up as a preview.)

Thanks! We'll look into this (among other reported issues 😊)

• Like 3

Arm position on RPK-12 looks uncomfortable (at least for me). Maybe it would be better if character will hold only grip, how it's done on MX SW?

Spoiler

RmazaBc.png

U5xgH0f.png

Ak-12 get on the bolt stop when it shot it's last round, but when we reload it we can see that it wasn't on bolt stop from start. Same for the AKM, AKU-12, RPK-12.

Spoiler

I know it’s extremely late in development to reconsider this but shouldn’t LDF be a blufor faction? After all, they’re part of NATO.

I know you can just group them to blufor but even so, I’d say NATO vs LDF would be the least common scenario for most mission makers so making them blufor and reserving greenfor for criminals (or aliens! :DDD) by default would make the most sense.

• Like 4

jNsK95L.jpg

Clipping issue: CBRN Suit, when the unit moves his head (like the animation Acts_AidlPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_warmup_1_loop as shown in the picture), sometimes causes the head model clip, and both of Regulator Facepiece and NATO APR (which are intended to equip the same time) will clip through the back of the head.

1 hour ago, OlegAckbar said:

Crew Helmet (Soft) [CSAT] is from Tanks DLC and would require Tanks DLC for people, who don't own it. It would be strange that you bought Arma 3 Contact edition, and it requires another DLC just because you wearing wrong helmet.

AK-12 is part of APEX DLC, yet Spetsnaz are using it at the moment. 

Unless they decide to keep black variant with APEX only and camo variants Contact DLC only which would be plain dumb.

getting some errors for the UGV...

EDIT, comment removed, this is listed in the known issues, oops

drink more coffee Lordfrith before you try to be helpful on public forums

anyway, really cool spread of new assets, thanks BI! Maybe its too soon but... can't wait for these to get de-ebo'd so i can get texturing 😄

Read the changelog - UGV / vehicles aren't in the game yet, so obviously assembling from the backpack will throw an error.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, lordfrith said:

getting some errors for the UGV but as no one else has reported it yet am now wondering if i need to verify game files?😄

Probably not reporting it because the UGV being incomplete is in the "Known Issues" part of the changelog

Ed:-lexx posted before me

5 minutes ago, lexx said:

Read the changelog - UGV / vehicles aren't in the game yet

duh... I read it and instantly forgot it apparently...

Regarding Gorka/Granit outfits

They are now lacking a proper body armor protection. Only plate carriers that look good on them without too much clipping are NATO plate carriers.

If possible could you tweak it so that at least vests and Raven one are fitting with less clipping?

EFA45304820FBD744130F681D930B492FEC616AA

0E8495BDB5060D71ED327C5572402D879BE0CCAB

• Like 8

1 the textures of gorka seem faded and low resolution respect to the spetsnaz's chest rig
2 the spetsnaz arms, when using the weapons, seem a bit stretched/narrow/thin

3 hours ago, Mocane said:

Thanks! We'll look into this (among other reported issues 😊)

Glad I could help! I was wearing a solid green vest just to show off the issue; there's the larger lump near those straps on the sides of the shoulder, and then a small dot just short of the U.S. flag. I know it's such a minor gripe but I just thought I'd point it out. It doesn't seem to do this when wearing any other factions' fatigues; just NATO's.

• Thanks 1

Iranian special forces: advanced fatigues with ballistic protection and super helmets with visors. 

Chinese special forces: futuristic super advanced viper suits. 

Russian special forces: 50-years-old Gorka fatigue with no armor, camo and protection equipment. 

You are kidding, right? Please, tell me you just kidding. 

Elite Russian spetnaz, that execute covered operation deep inside enemy territory in 2039 (!) looks like a hobos. No offense, devs did a great job and I would like this dlc, but... I can't understand this. 

• Like 3

Really liking the new gear! It enables us mission crafters to create so much more diverse missions and units! Thanks BIS! I shall once more remind though, that all black gear for super special ops, and more varied equipment (The LDF carrier and helmets in NATO camo, for example) would be so cool.

I took a few screenies. Pictued are Operators from ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  during operation ▓▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ in Malden, ▓▓.▓▓.2023

Spoiler

78A4E366AB36DF1F7605BBC1AA583B2B053B11CC

Spoiler

5E3B9DCA4D7652B6EA60AFCBF60B56E2B453C576

Spoiler

544F1BAC9FA002765F962D3F2FF73BECA7BE0359

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, ruslan1414_1992 said:

Iranian special forces: advanced fatigues with ballistic protection and super helmets with visors. 

Chinese special forces: futuristic super advanced viper suits. 

Russian special forces: 50-years-old Gorka fatigue with no armor, camo and protection equipment. 

You are kidding, right? Please, tell me you just kidding. 

Elite Russian spetnaz, that execute covered operation deep inside enemy territory in 2039 (!) looks like a hobos. No offense, devs did a great job and I would like this dlc, but... I can't understand this. 

The Armaverse is an alternate timeline, where Europe and the US suffered deep economic depression while CSAT countries grew rapidly. Who's to say Russia didn't suffer like Europe and the US?

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see Spetnaz with more high-tech stuff too but I think we should give BIS scope to develop the setting and make changes.

1 minute ago, Callsign said:

The Armaverse is an alternate timeline, where Europe and the US suffered deep economic depression while CSAT countries grew rapidly. Who's to say Russia didn't suffer like Europe and the US?

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see Spetnaz with more high-tech stuff too but I think would should give BIS scope to develop the setting and make changes.

I also think that the Operators are more confident in using Gorkas and very light webbing, to stay mobile as opposed to heavy carriers and so on. They do get the helmet with advanced NVGs tho!

• Like 1

Yup, Ruskies protect themselves with the power of sheer awesomeness

Strictly speaking the Contact-DLC Gorkas have the same level of protection as the CSAT fatigues at half the weight. There is also a new unique camo pattern, Tundra, for the Russians. Quite advanced in other words. 

-k 

Gorkas also are quite covering - lore explanation could simply be that they cover the CSAT bodysuit that does the protecting

configfile >> "CfgGroups" >> "East" >> "OPF_R_F" >> "SpecOps" >> "O_T_InfTeam"

I found this in class names, is it intentional? O_T_InfTeam