DnA

Contact Expansion Asset Feedback

And also (again), on an unrelated note: it's just a recommendation, but you might consider brightening up the Sand-camo versions of the Promet (as well as its optic). There's a massive contrast when using any other Sand optics (in particular, the ERCO and AMS, but the original base game ARCO also qualifies in spite of being a CSAT optic), because those are very bright and the Promet is like a light brown with a bit of yellow.

EDIT: This problem is also existent when using on Khaki optics on Green Promets but it's far less noticeable.

43 minutes ago, maccrawinthejaw said:

Also, I just noticed an issue re: weapons: I can't put Contact optics on non-Contact weapons. I was trying to put a DMS (Kir) on the Kir but I wasn't given the option to do so. I also tried putting Spetsnaz-camouflaged optics on vanilla and Apex weapons and that didn't work either.

This is an addon issue. Probably because CBA Joint Rails hasn't be updated for new Contact assets and it overwrites the way attachments are handled on Arma 3 weapons.

Contact attachments work fine on the weapons you named (and others) when not running any addons

Rule of thumb: Don't test the dev branch while running addons unless you are testing the addon, not the base game.

3 minutes ago, da12thMonkey said:

This is an addon issue. Probably because CBA Joint Rails hasn't be updated for new Contact assets and it overwrites the way attachments are handled on Arma 3 weapons.

Contact attachments work fine on the weapons you named (and others) when not running any addons

Rule of thumb: Don't test the dev branch while running addons unless you are testing the addon, not the base game.

Noted. I've never tested the Dev Branch assets before so I wouldn't know.

9 hours ago, maccrawinthejaw said:

You mean "STANAG", but if you're talking about the MX rifles' magazines (both the 30's and the 100-rounder used by the SW), they're dimensionally different and don't fit (which is a bit aggravating when you consider the fact that the Promets are stuck with 30-round magazines). I'd wager that some mod will change it (I believe somebody told me CBA does that, so let's wait for Contact to release and then I'm sure they'll add that feature) eventually, or if there's enough people wanting it, then BIS will go with gameplay convenience over realism.

Yeah my bad

Some black variants of the new LDF Vests and Helmets would be cool.

Also, I feel like it would be nice for the new Gorkas to have knee pads, they kinda feel bare IMO

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, General Kong said:

Some black variants of the new LDF Vests and Helmets would be cool.

Also, I feel like it would be nice for the new Gorkas to have knee pads, they kinda feel bare IMO

I Agree 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FoxFort said:

I Agree 

That and ideally NATO MTP, Woodland and Tropic camo versions of the LDF helmets, but yeah, black versions of their gear would actually be really cool.

You know with a little bit of modification of the RPK-12(maybe just changing the stock with a normal AK-12 one) , and a smaller 10-12 round magazine, you could make a fictional DMR variant of the AK-12 platform (SVD-12 from Battlefield anyone?)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, falagor said:

To our knowledge this translation uses a correct term - 大容量弹鼓装弹后可维持长时间射击 - if we are indeed talking about this sentence.

Thanks for your feedback!

Nope...

I mean the name of ammo types for several AK-12/RPK-12 drums, e.g.:

"7.62毫米75发AK-12弹匣";

"7.62毫米75发AKM弹匣"; and 

"7.62毫米75发AKM曳光弹弹匣".

I understand those "弹匣" may be directly translated from "mag(azine)", but there is a difference between Chinese and English terms on these mags:

* In English, a "Drum" is a kind of “Magazine”;

* In Chinese,  "弹鼓"(=Drum) is EXCLUSIVE with "弹匣"(=Magazine).

$ Only the drum-like, spring-loaded magazines are called "弹鼓". (e.g., the 75-Round RPK drum)

$ Drum-like belt-loaded magazines are called "弹链鼓". (e.g., the 100-Round RPD drum)

$ Only the box-shaped, spring-loaded magazines are called "弹匣". (e.g., the 30-Round AK mag)

$ Box-shaped, belt-loaded magazines are called "弹链盒". (e.g., the 100-Round PKM box)

& Plate-shaped, spring-loaded magazines are called "弹盘". (e.g., the 47-Round DPM pan)

So it is wrong to call those 75-Round mags as "弹匣". I recommend "弹鼓" instead.

• Like 2

How did you get to Promet values?

5 minutes ago, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

Promet: 840 m/s

Promet MR: 900 m/s

MX: 800 m/s

MXM: 920 m/s

Much obliged, man. Thanks for the info.

Also, do guns with higher velocities do more damage?

4 minutes ago, maccrawinthejaw said:

Much obliged, man. Thanks for the info.

Also, do guns with higher velocities do more damage?

Every ammo has a typical speed where it does the hit = x damage. When the ammo is faster it does more damage, when slower it does less. (That's what I read and confirmed via testing, ammo of course loses speed over range)

So yes.

8 minutes ago, Glow said:

How did you get to Promet values?

Used config viewer in the editor to get initSpeed of the weapons and magazines. (Negativ value in weapon means mag initSpeed is multiplied by value)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

Every ammo has a typical speed where it does the hit = x damage. When the ammo is faster it does more damage, when slower it does less. (That's what I read and confirmed via testing, ammo of course loses speed over range)

So yes.

That's what I thought. I asked my original question because I was testing out the other Promet variants (I've been exclusively using nothing else but the Promet SG) and I noticed that the MR was doing 1HKs while the regular Promet, the Promet GL and Promet SG were doing 2HKs; tested on dudes with vests with Armor Lvl. 1.

23 hours ago, maccrawinthejaw said:

When are the new uniforms for NATO and/or LDF coming out, if you don't mind my asking? This week? Next?

The window opens later this week, but disclaimer: it depends on various factors as always. If not Thursday, then it slips to next week by default ... but we're preparing for it 🤠

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, DnA said:

The window opens later this week, but disclaimer: it depends on various factors as always. If not Thursday, then it slips to next week by default ... but we're preparing for it 🤠

Splendid! Thanks for the answer.

And hey, it's all good. I can wait, especially given how wonderful the weapons released have been.

I saw the black Mk200, very nice! I've been dreaming of a black EMR (the M14 EBR) ever since the release, could the LDF have some stockpiled? 
I also second the idea of black LDF gear for:

Brits and their black-ops Bullshit

Also, LDF gear in NATO camo too, pls? Would give us mission designers more flexibility 🙂 

• Like 4

LDF Gear in black/Nato camo would be really nice tho :-D

• Like 2

Access to Contact DLC files with LDF uniforms would be enough🙄

1 hour ago, Kristian said:

I saw the black Mk200, very nice! I've been dreaming of a black EMR (the M14 EBR) ever since the release, could the LDF have some stockpiled? 
I also second the idea of black LDF gear for:

Also, LDF gear in NATO camo too, pls? Would give us mission designers more flexibility 🙂 

Oh yeah. I second the notion of giving the LDF gear (at least, the unique helmets) NATO skins. I mean, of course, the LDF is a defense force (it's in their name), so it's not like they're going off to war in Altis or Tanoa, and thus they wouldn't need that camo. That argument aside, it'd still be nice for the LDF to receive different camouflage patterns because after all, their Promet rifles have four color schemes, tan/sand being one of them.

I think a black M14 is sort of unneeded just because the LDF uses the Promet MR (which is GREAT. I was using it a while ago and it delivered solid results. Now if only there was a hybrid of the MR and the SG Promets...) in its place.

21 hours ago, maccrawinthejaw said:

I think a black M14 is sort of unneeded just because the LDF uses the Promet MR (which is GREAT. I was using it a while ago and it delivered solid results. Now if only there was a hybrid of the MR and the SG Promets...) in its place.

It's unneeded in the sense that the LDF already has a marksman rifle, but it would be nice to have a black version so it can be used on Tanoa or Livonia (or at night) without looking out-of-place. Same for the Mk20. The LDF isn't the requirement, so much as the cover story for filling the requirement.

Lush / Arid skins for the Kir and Rahim (and a black texture for the latter) would be nice and would help round out the Russians.

Lush / Arid / Black...? C'mon guys, it's 2039! LDF will have much more advanced camouflages, like MAPA (WIP):

MLAYuAu.jpg

JOox18a.jpg

WIP

27858862_957851774370089_364845026775851

Just give us access to uniform files  please.

BTW, LDF have plenty funny stuff, like blanks and boxes making funny noises 😄

HyxSbE5.jpg