DnA

Contact Expansion Asset Feedback

5 minutes ago, Glow said:

Would be cool to have shotgun as secondary, it is often seen, but it would required using a back slot. Caring shotgun, even cut off on your leg isn't a good idea and look very unprofessional.

Same thing with smg guns... but this is just slowly pushing Arma in to Call of Duty imo.

Pretty sure it isn't unheard of for soldiers/marines with specialized roles to carry two weapons such as smg/shotgun being carried with rifles (including sniper rifle).

2 minutes ago, ISparkle said:

Pretty sure it isn't unheard of for soldiers/marines with specialized roles to carry two weapons such as smg/shotgun being carried with rifles (including sniper rifle).

Got that right. The only example I can think of though is soldiers who carry both a rifle and a shotgun for breaching and close quarters combat.

10 minutes ago, Glow said:

Would be cool to have shotgun as secondary, it is often seen, but it would required using a back slot. Caring shotgun, even cut off on your leg isn't a good idea and look very unprofessional.

Same thing with smg guns... but this is just slowly pushing Arma in to Call of Duty imo.

There are two fixes to that:

1. There's a mod that enables you to carry two primaries, allowing you to carry a shotgun that way, but it's of less than satisfactory quality and use.
  2. You can stuff certain weapons in Carryall backpacks and Bergens. I've done it once or twice in the past but it was kind of impractical because it was reducing the amount of ammo and supplies I could carry, and I had to have enough space in my backpack so I could swap out a small weapon in my backpack with the big rifle/LMG/sniper rifle that I was carrying in my primary slot.

That's why I love the Promet SG so much - it's essentially a twofer and increases my total weapon count to four. I have a rifle for ranged targets, a shotgun for close quarters, a backup sidearm (just in case), and an anti-tank weapon for dealing with vehicles.

Also, "SMG guns" is a misnomer, because you're essentially saying "submachine gun guns".

17 hours ago, AveryTheKitty said:

All muzzle flashes are still too bright compared to the Promet's. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the MBT muzzle flash and GM6 muzzle flash haven't been recolored yet.

I saw a picture of the Promet's flash which looked nice, but aren't muzzle flashes supposed to be blindingly bright, making the old ones fairly accurate?

8 hours ago, joostsidy said:

I saw a picture of the Promet's flash which looked nice, but aren't muzzle flashes supposed to be blindingly bright, making the old ones fairly accurate?

Blank cartriges are the ones that make that bright muzzle flashes, thats "hollywood realism". in normal daylight the muzzle flash is barely noticable for most weapons, and only slightly more noticable for those with a muzzle brake. the lenght of the barrel is also important, less barrel lenght, more powder still burning at the muzzle.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Grahame said:

That's an issue with how a server dev has configured the particular Dynamic Mission Systems configs not an ARMA issue tbh

I'm using Dynamic Recon/Combat Ops by mbrdnm, and I'm afraid that in this particular case there's no other civilian configuration option apart from setting desired faction (which in vanilla game is limited to generic civs or IDAP). On the other hand various mods (namely CUP and CFP) introduce several themed civilian factions (in case of CUP Chernarussian and Takistani), which seems to me like a better, plug and play, idea.

Truth be told the issue is not limited to dynamic missions either. It's also annoying when placing civilian vehicles - by default they spawn with Greek crews (or Tanoan in case of Apex vehicles). It's possible to place empty vehicles and crew them with required civs, or use scripts to change identities. However both solutions require quite a bit more of a hassle than just plopping ready to use vehicles, which can be done with CUP (or other mods) civilian factions.

• Like 2

I just noticed that when firing the underbarrel shotgun on the Promet SG, your character pulls the rifle's trigger when firing it. That's something I wanted to point out.

9 hours ago, Beagle said:

Blank cartriges are the ones that make that bright muzzle flashes, thats "hollywood realism". in normal daylight the muzzle flash is barely noticable for most weapons, and only slightly more noticable for those with a muzzle brake. the lenght of the barrel is also important, less barrel lenght, more powder still burning at the muzzle.

True for rifles (most of them. Some old Mosins are notorious for spewing giant flames out of the barrel). Handguns, however, tend to make quite a flash due to their short barrels. They're much louder than rifles, as well, which is something I really hope ArmA series will get right someday.

So I posted on reddit about this, but was told to post it here. Basically have you guys thought about porting the Project: Agro assets into Arma 3 with the Contact update. You have Space Station Debris, terminals, radio dishes, and other items and equipment. 2 PMC factions and their vehicle skins. But the aliens could easily fit that the aliens shot down the space station, which caused the mercenaries to fight over it. 

Examples of the electronic Sci-fi equipment that is in argo and would fit perfectly for contact
https://imgur.com/a/BochW3k

anyways, I was told to bring it up here and would like to see it considered.

Reddit post where the idea came up
https://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/bym17d/so_with_the_contact_dlc_coming_and_project_argo/

• Like 5

It's all there, and new Off-road variant you can see on promo screenshots. All look good, especially computers and server racks with blinking lights, plus lots of new light sources.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, maccrawinthejaw said:

I just noticed that when firing the underbarrel shotgun on the Promet SG, your character pulls the rifle's trigger when firing it. That's something I wanted to point out.

That's the case with every underbarrel weapon since ever.

3 minutes ago, lexx said:

That's the case with every underbarrel weapon since ever.

Well I wouldn't have really noticed because I don't typically use underbarrel weapons...

I think I've never seen the report so I post it here, (according to Arsenal) Kozlice and its sawn off variant have mostly same stats, like mass or dispersion.

There will be regulars Russians troops ? Basically CSAT infantry but with Russians, voices and skins, and AK-12 variants in a sub-faction like the Scimitar Regiment. 

25 minutes ago, KizzouUl said:

There will be regulars Russians troops ? Basically CSAT infantry but with Russians, voices and skins, and AK-12 variants in a sub-faction like the Scimitar Regiment. 

Only some "Spetznatz", no "regulars". And for gods sake no, they won't be just retextured CSAT.

5 hours ago, harper1998 said:

Is the Promet supposed to be able to use NATO SANTAG magazines?

I guess no , since its not a 5.56 gun

2 minutes ago, roberthammer said:

I guess no , since its not a 5.56 gun

The MX uses SANTAG Magazines in 6.5mm

5 hours ago, harper1998 said:

Is the Promet supposed to be able to use NATO SANTAG magazines?

You mean "STANAG", but if you're talking about the MX rifles' magazines (both the 30's and the 100-rounder used by the SW), they're dimensionally different and don't fit (which is a bit aggravating when you consider the fact that the Promets are stuck with 30-round magazines). I'd wager that some mod will change it (I believe somebody told me CBA does that, so let's wait for Contact to release and then I'm sure they'll add that feature) eventually, or if there's enough people wanting it, then BIS will go with gameplay convenience over realism.

Uniforms
LDF uniforms are variants of AAF commander uniform, already present in Arma3 but I like those.

Will fill behind BLUFOR and AAF uniforms. Definitely not looking modern but we already have stealth and special purpose models for that kind of scenarios.

The tshirt model will be popular for sure. Colonial space marines mod or any inspired by Vietnam era uniforms.

--

@Jozef Sztacheta
Wz.93 become common name for uniform but to be correct it's uniform pattern code - Kamuflaż wz. 93 „Pantera”
What you meant was uniform shape and those are: wz.123/MON, 124/MON, 127/MON, 127A/MON and 124Z/MON - those long jackets with pockets. Not very practical at night, against enemies with nvg - uniform become very visible and recognizable in nvg. I hope that this disadvantage will be modeled and copied to Arma3 too.

--

Specnaz looks proper to me. Very recognizable.

--

NATO woodland camouflage very cool and really needed in Livonia. Multicam not working at all, looks funny in Livonia.

--

CSAT ghillie suit model
This model look interesting, those front protectors giving very modern look - That model could be utilized in some more ways easily.

A new special purpose uniform maybe?

I wish to have that CSAT ghillie suit uniform model without this ghillie part. It just ask for some more models variants.

O_ghillie_lsh_F
O_ghillie_lsh_F.jpg

Would LDF have some special forces?

--

Criminal's black leather jacket
Not sure is it new model or brown partisan jacket variant, but that thing looks evil! It will find a use in scenarios for sure.

--

LDF helmets
Very cool. Will place between Combat models and Stealth models.
I'm just not sure do we will get variants with glasses and no-glasses too. If only with glasses, than how to use it with gas mask and other face gear? Those glasses can be problematic but a free face slot for a other face gear is always welcome. I hope we will get those for testing soon.

--

LDF Vests
What's that screen box at front-top? Not sure what's that - a place for iPhone? A wallet? Doesn't fit imo.
I like this shape of this new vest, not to modern (like those fancy looking US and GB vests) but looks like something very simple = not expensive, well working and effective on battlefield. Fits LDF.

--

More about Robot
These robots are used indoors too., right? I assume that it would be more silent than Darters and Stompers.

Shotgun bullets with a uranium core are extra fun but how about being more stealth?

One stealth UGV please - to do all those funny things in more sneaky way. Darts, knifes - super cool, silenced weapons are just to easy (and probably to OP when mounted on robot vs AI) but already present in Arma3.

Only two robot variants? Shotgun and spectrum device?

--

Mora insded of Marshall

Do we need Marshall for LDF?

Mora fits better by the Arma lore, is more defensive.
Marshall is too powerful imo and most Marhall's features couldn't be fully used by LDF.

AMV-7 Marshall 110 km/h, Cannon 40 mm, 8× Passengers, a base armour value of 320, is fully amphibious, can be airdrop;

FV-720 Mora 76 km/h, Cannon 30 mm, 7× Passengers, a base armour value of 900;

LDF having powerful allies have no real need to own such a offensive vehicle.

---

Don't forget about:
+ CBRN clothing - hazmat suit, mask and o2 bottle, i hope for those in next d-b update!
+ "ghostbuster's" backpack
+ radio backpack
+ Zubr .45 ACP atachments: optic and light (seen on screenshot)
+ Exercise Electron 38 insignia
+ blindfold (does it blind player when use?)
+ foil hat - I bought aluminum foil and going to made one of these. I found good tutorials on YouTube 😄
+ spectrum device
+ robot
+ tractor

---

Light cones

When placing those in EdenEditor lights are off - no visible direction make it difficult to use.

I found some more light (POLPOX's Artwork Supporter mod) that stay on all the time in Editor. It's much easier to work with. If you can, make those Light Cones work same way please.

atGCnMl.jpg

You can do funny things with those:

iQVkYgc.jpg

3Fpc2gW.jpg

On 6/14/2019 at 5:14 AM, pavel volonsky said:

The official Chinesesimp localization on Kozlice ammo:

"Buckshot" should be "鹿弹", not "子弹"

"Slug" should be "独头弹", not "弹丸".

Thanks, we will fix this one.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2019 at 5:24 AM, pavel volonsky said:

Still in Chinesesimp:

The 75-round Drum for RPK-12 is wrongly translated as "弹匣"(=Magazine). Should be "弹鼓"(=Drum).

To our knowledge this translation uses a correct term - 大容量弹鼓装弹后可维持长时间射击 - if we are indeed talking about this sentence.

Thanks for your feedback!

• Like 1

On 6/14/2019 at 2:03 PM, oldbear said:

Well, in French "luxuriant" is far from being neutral, coming from latin verb luxuriare [to indulge in debauchery] it qualified now a dense vegetation and/or a literary style, a way of life that is full of richness, vigour.

On the other hand "tropique" is already the world used in Arma3 French localisation, it's rather near the technical term "tropicalisé" used IRL for equipment to be used in hot wet environment.

Thanks for the feedback. There already exists a color setting named "Tropic" - it was introduced for Apex (or maybe Malden DLC?), and there is no point to change it now I believe : Tropique is indeed already in use and any other translation of Lush is even further from the idea of vegetation. So if we leave it as it is, we got two OK translations for two color variants, and the translations are consistent, therefore we have the best we can make of it, this is consistent and a non-issue.

• Like 1

Also, I just noticed an issue re: weapons: I can't put Contact optics on non-Contact weapons. I was trying to put a DMS (Kir) on the Kir but I wasn't given the option to do so. I also tried putting Spetsnaz-camouflaged optics on vanilla and Apex weapons and that didn't work either.