DnA

Contact Expansion Asset Feedback

1 hour ago, zukov said:

1 the shotguns seems too powered

If you've seen what 12ga can do IRL, they're "too powered" under 50 metres too. 

• Haha 2

Any particular reason why the RPG-7 is currently using a model from the Enoch files instead of the Apex files?

1 hour ago, M. Glade said:

If you've seen what 12ga can do IRL, they're "too powered" under 50 metres too. 

Buckshot would be devastating to unprotected flesh but I would question how effective buckshot would be to an armoured target. The pellets definitely wouldn't be able to penetrate "hard" plate inserts and would probably struggle to penetrate "soft" Kevlar armour as well. I guess it's a fundamental issue with how ArmA 3 simulates armour protection (i.e. in-game, armour just adds extra hitpoints/health to the protected area rather than actually stopping bullets) which isn't very realistic. 

The AKU-12 needs to have its eye memory point shifted down slightly since the front sight is lower than the default AK-12's.

20190611155004_1.jpg

20190611154957_1.jpg

Also, I could be wrong but - if those are supposed to be tritium sights - could we get tritium sights that glow properly like other vanilla weapons - the Mk20 for example?

• Like 1

I do not know if it was already asked and explained the reason, but why the rifles placed on the ground does not show the magazines anymore?

Since when you take the gun to the ground there is a magazine with it, and after you drop the weapon again, the magazine will be visible on the weapon.

D8x3OSdX4AEaltQ.jpg:large

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AveryTheKitty said:

Any particular reason why the RPG-7 is currently using a model from the Enoch files instead of the Apex files?

its dev branch, they were probably testing it

5 hours ago, snakeplissken said:

I do not know if it was already asked and explained the reason, but why the rifles placed on the ground does not show the magazines anymore?

Since when you take the gun to the ground there is a magazine with it, and after you drop the weapon again, the magazine will be visible on the weapon.

Is there any possibility to place these weapons with magazines right from beginning?

Am I the only one who thinks the Promet shotgun is extremely powerful? You can kill multiple soldiers with vests in one shot, and it has pretty decent range too. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, I think it's awesome! Just think that it has a significant advantage over nearly everything else in the realm of "dual purpose" weapons. 6 shots in quick succession O_o I can almost already hear the Warlords players who didn't buy Contact complaining when they get one-shotted in CQB 😆 I love it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaptainDawson said:

Am I the only one who thinks the Promet shotgun is extremely powerful? You can kill multiple soldiers with vests in one shot, and it has pretty decent range too. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, I think it's awesome! Just think that it has a significant advantage over nearly all the other weapons lol. 6 shots in quick succession O_o I can almost already hear the Warlords players who didn't buy Contact complaining when they get one-shotted in CQB 😆

I agree, it's very powerful, but that's kind of how it should be. I hope they don't nerf it into a state of uselessness (seriously, BIS, please don't, for the love of god. I love it and I think it's like Baby Bear's porridge in terms of being "just right").

It's handicapped by range, of course (slugs being the possible exception once they actually start functioning properly), but in close quarters it's just as powerful as it should be. Though honestly, as far as the range thing, I'm guessing people are too used to shotguns in Halo and Gears of Duty, where the pellets magically vanish after travelling about 10 feet. Remember the shotguns in Arma 2, particularly the AA-12? Those had realistic ranges with buckshot pellets.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, snakeplissken said:

Editor-placed weapons haven't magazine yet, after you pick up and magazine is (automatic) loaded, you'll see a magazine on it. Little odd indeed.

6 minutes ago, chrys said:

Is there any possibility to place these weapons with magazines right from beginning?

addWeaponWithAttachmentsCargo or addWeaponWithAttachmentsCargoGlobal.

3 hours ago, POLPOX said:

Editor-placed weapons haven't magazine yet, after you pick up and magazine is (automatic) loaded, you'll see a magazine on it. Little odd indeed.

addWeaponWithAttachmentsCargo or addWeaponWithAttachmentsCargoGlobal.

When you put a gun on the ground using the Eden editor, the weapon will have a magazine with it, but this magazine will not be visible on the ground or on the weapon itself.

But once you drop the same weapon that was on the ground again, the magazine will be visible on the weapon.

I do not remember which game update happened (remove magazine from the gun), this is an old SS that I took out of a scenario create for myself, I realize that the SPAR-16 I put in the editor is he is with his magazine embedded in the weapon, if I do this today, the weapon will appear without the magazine attached to the weapon.

fKS109f.jpg

10 minutes ago, snakeplissken said:

When you put a gun on the ground using the Eden editor, the weapon will have a magazine with it, but this magazine will not be visible on the ground or on the weapon itself.

But once you drop the same weapon that was on the ground again, the magazine will be visible on the weapon.

I do not remember which game update happened (remove magazine from the gun), this is an old SS that I took out of a scenario create for myself, I realize that the SPAR-16 I put in the editor is he is with his magazine embedded in the weapon, if I do this today, the weapon will appear without the magazine attached to the weapon.

I have no idea why you're quoting me and repeating the same thing. This is happened after version 1.92 for sure. Since the update some of weapon models have no more magazine, which is implemented as Proxy Magazines or Dynamic Weapon Magazines system, so this is why. All you just need to say is pls fix.

Hey guys! Loving what we've got with contact so far!!!

Just noticed that the "black" MRD sight on the 4-five is actually white. Probably just a placeholder, but I wanted to make sure it was taken care of. Additionally, the slug shells on the shotgun attachment for the Promet seems to be misranged, firing well above the target at close range. 

Keep up the great work!!!

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, POLPOX said:

I have no idea why you're quoting me and repeating the same thing. This is happened after version 1.92 for sure. Since the update some of weapon models have no more magazine, which is implemented as Proxy Magazines or Dynamic Weapon Magazines system, so this is why. All you just need to say is pls fix.

Sorry, mate, I quoted your message because I thought I had some questions about the subject.

English is not my language, so I use the Chrome browser to translate the forum so I can read, often this translation is mistakenly made to the real meaning of the post and I end up posting something meaningless.

I use the Google translator to ask and write in the forum, and this can also contribute to a post without much sense.

Excuse me.

Backing to topic ...

... I know that this is not part of the DLC Contact, but if it is easy to fix, I would appreciate it if this gun bug in the holster were corrected, I know this only affects the visual aspect,  since they (dev) are working on new weapons and their visualization in the character.

This is exists since the Alpha version of the game, is that the pistol is not visible in the holster.

131FBfnh.jpg

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, snakeplissken said:

Backing to topic ...

... I know that this is not part of the DLC Contact, but if it is easy to fix, I would appreciate it if this gun bug in the holster were corrected, I know this only affects the visual aspect,  since they (dev) are working on new weapons and their visualization in the character.

This is exists since the Alpha version of the game, is that the pistol is not visible in the holster.

Since 1.48 pistols are visualised in a holster (if the vest has one), but looks they forgot to implement into uniforms. Well, offtopic so I'm backing to the topic.

I made a quick MOD to tweak reloading speed of Kozlice, 2/3 speed (From 5.26 secs to 3.50 secs). Thoughts?

Also, I think civlian variant of Mk14 needs another name to fit to more civilian-ly, and how about get rid of the rails by default? Well, I've never seen a hunting rifle nor a hunter, since most of firearms are simply illegal to have here in the most of cases, so I'm probably saying something stupid.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CaptainDawson said:

Am I the only one who thinks the Promet shotgun is extremely powerful? You can kill multiple soldiers with vests in one shot, and it has pretty decent range too. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, I think it's awesome! Just think that it has a significant advantage over nearly everything else in the realm of "dual purpose" weapons. 6 shots in quick succession O_o I can almost already hear the Warlords players who didn't buy Contact complaining when they get one-shotted in CQB 😆 I love it.

The spread from the sawed off 12g kozlice is pretty nice and authentic from testing up to 200m, something most games get wrong.

Definitely gonna be fun using any of the new shotguns, very reliable in taking out tires.

Cheers

18 minutes ago, POLPOX said:

I made a quick MOD to tweak reloading speed of Kozlice, 2/3 speed (From 5.26 secs to 3.50 secs). Thoughts?

Looks definitely far better. Like a person reloading who did it before.

But since it is early DevBranch I am confident this will be fixed in Vanilla.

6 hours ago, POLPOX said:

Still seems sluggish. (teehee, slug...) 

I'd still increase the speed, see how that goes 🤔

Texture issue on the RPK-12's stock. It is only present on the black variant.

20190612094605_1.jpg

As you can see, it's not present on the camo variants.

20190612094612_1.jpg

Slugs are firing mortar shells.

20190612095827_1.jpg

Also the Kozlice still doesn't have muzzle flash.

• Haha 2

uhm so I have found something interesting.

Skip to: 0:0:26 seconds.

Edited by Capwell
Time
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Capwell said:

Skip to: 0:0:26 seconds.

Are you sure there aren't any mods interfering?

Cheers

15 minutes ago, Capwell said:

Are you on the latest dev build?

Known Issue: Shotgun Slugs are a tad OP after the zeroing fix

16 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Are you sure there aren't any mods interfering?

Cheers

no mods