DnA

Contact Expansion Asset Feedback

I play mostly with ACE now days and my HUD is all off. I forgot about that hud counter.

This attachment could have some build in sounds. When you are low of ammo it blinks and when ammo is off make a funny noise.

It could talk to - "Please change your cartridge, sir!" by Jarvis kind of voice. 😁

You can sync that thing with your mine detector or spectrum device and have some readings up your face while doing  engagement.

In regards to "M14 (Classic)" — "classic" guns don't get to have fancy Picatinny rails, I believe a more appropriate name would be "M14 (Bubba'd)".  😁

Seriously though, the rail doesn't belong there, it probably would be better if it was at least hidden when no scope is mounted.

• Like 9

Shower does not move when actinonar again and also does not possess the noise of the water squirt.

Another bug is the lack of textures of oxygen cylinders.

2jAGPeb.jpg

Can we please get the ability to use the Promet carryhandle attachment on the other weapons, even trying to code it to appear on another weapon doenst work

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LykosMactire said:

Can we please get the ability to use the Promet carryhandle attachment on the other weapons, even trying to code it to appear on another weapon doenst work

Agreed. It's kind of weird that you can't do that considering that it's not built into the gun, and it's Picatinny-rail-compatible.

Also, is there any way to thin down the front knob of the backup iron sight on the top of the carry handle? It's kind of thick and difficult to precisely target enemies with (I'm not even talking about medium-long ranges, I mean even in CQC it's kind of a hassle), so either thinning the front sight or adding a version that has a reflex sight (like the RCO, ARCO and ERCO) on top would be desirable. 

10 hours ago, maccrawinthejaw said:

The Promet GL shouldn't be able to use three-round grenades anyways, only the MX 3GL can do that (its GL is based on a grenade launcher that can hold three electronically-primed grenades, whereas the Promet's GL is based on a conventional single-shot grenade launcher that couldn't possibly fit three grenades).

I was more asking about this one. I'm not able to load 3rnd grenades on UGL on my end.

SCBA Cylinder was already mentioned - those cylinders rely on Supplies_F_Enoch addons which is not part of devbranch yet. It will be probably part of update with characters & gear.

As for shower, I will take a look.

> No difference in Promet MR accuracy between other variants. Shouldn't Promet MR be more accurate?

That was error in VA which got fixed today. In game there is already difference in accuracy 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've noticed that sight/scope zeroing on the Promet SG affects the trajectory of the shotgun when firing slugs (can't track if pellets are affected as well).

Below is using irons at 50m and the MRCO at 300m (fixed zero):

6TwgNQV.gif

Not sure if this was intentional or not, as it could affect players that switch from rifle mode to the shotgun as a secondary weapon in close quarters, as the rounds could be flying over the top of the target.

19 hours ago, AveryTheKitty said:

What's the difference between the DMS / DMS Kir, and ARCO / ARCO AK? Different cursors or ranging?

They have different zeroing settings configured for the respective weapons.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, shadeops21 said:

I've noticed that sight/scope zeroing on the Promet SG affects the trajectory of the shotgun when firing slugs (can't track if pellets are affected as well).

Below is using irons at 50m and the MRCO at 300m (fixed zero):

6TwgNQV.gif

Not sure if this was intentional or not, as it could affect players that switch from rifle mode to the shotgun as a secondary weapon in close quarters, as the rounds could be flying over the top of the target.

I was talking about this earlier, but thank you for taking the initiative to post a .GIF showing the issue. Granted, I never use slugs because in close quarters, the buckshot ammo is absolutely brutal, but the slug ammo has its uses. At least, it would if it wasn't zeroed to the rifle's scope.

After having spent excess of five hours playing a CTI campaign and making liberal use of the Promet SG version in close quarters urban fighting, I can say that the buckshot ammo works just fine at its intended range.

Will all weapons receive the same sounds and muzzle flash treatment as the Promet or will it be made to fit in with other weapons better?

1 hour ago, maccrawinthejaw said:

I was talking about this earlier, but thank you for taking the initiative to post a .GIF showing the issue. Granted, I never use slugs because in close quarters, the buckshot ammo is absolutely brutal, but the slug ammo has its uses. At least, it would if it wasn't zeroed to the rifle's scope.

After having spent excess of five hours playing a CTI campaign and making liberal use of the Promet SG version in close quarters urban fighting, I can say that the buckshot ammo works just fine at its intended range.

I had actually gone back four pages worth of posts to see if anyone had pointed this out and saw nothing, so apologies for doubling up on this error/bug; I must've glossed over yours during the scroll through, heh.

And yeah, the buckshot is absolutely devestating at close range, but I can see myself alternating between the 00 buck and the slugs for CQ use, using the 00 for general threats and slugs for harder targets/engine blocks of cars and light trucks. Just gotta get the sights fixed up so I can hit what I'm aiming at, heh...

11 minutes ago, shadeops21 said:

And yeah, the buckshot is absolutely devestating at close range, but I can see myself alternating between the 00 buck and the slugs for CQ use, using the 00 for general threats and slugs for harder targets/engine blocks of cars and light trucks. Just gotta get the sights fixed up so I can hit what I'm aiming at, heh...

Slugs should be fixed in next devbranch update 😉

1 hour ago, AveryTheKitty said:

Will all weapons receive the same sounds and muzzle flash treatment as the Promet or will it be made to fit in with other weapons better?

I've already tweaked older muzzle flashes rvmat & I'm planning doing couple more iterations on it to bring it on par with Promet level. As for sounds, it's rather unlikely that more weapons will get new sounds upon initial release.

• Like 5

I noticed the AK-12 Lush has some broken shading on it. Really easy to notice if you swap between it and the GL variant, which works fine.

I'll post some pictures in a bit, got to redownload dev branch.

18 minutes ago, GordonWeedman said:

I noticed the AK-12 Lush has some broken shading on it. Really easy to notice if you swap between it and the GL variant, which works fine.

I'll post some pictures in a bit, got to redownload dev branch.

Indeed, it was missing texture. It will be fixed in next devbranch update

• Like 1

I don't want to talk about “quality”, but I feel reload animation of Kol... K... Ko... Kozlice(I can't remember it spell yet), is pretty meh especially the first half of animation, will it be improved?

And Kozlice's muzzle flash(es) is not aligned/drawn properly.

Also, (little off-topic though) I hope BIS_fnc_traceBullets supports shells with submunitions, as mentioned early today. I think engine-based solution like event handler to detect if a shell is exploded, and the EH returns submunitions from it, is better.

2 hours ago, reyhard said:

Slugs should be fixed in next devbranch update 😉

I've already tweaked older muzzle flashes rvmat & I'm planning doing couple more iterations on it to bring it on par with Promet level. As for sounds, it's rather unlikely that more weapons will get new sounds upon initial release.

Nice! I'm very excited to see the muzzle flashes and such being updated and I'd love to see all of the weapons brought to the same level as the Promet. I did some digging and saw new classes like "MuzzleSlot_65", "CowsSlot_Rail", etc., and they're configured very similarly to ASDG JR. Are we getting joint rails capability in vanilla? 🙂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, POLPOX said:

I don't want to talk about “quality”, but I feel reload animation of Kol... K... Ko... Kozlice(I can't remember it spell yet), is pretty meh especially the first half of animation, will it be improved?

Agreed. The reloading animation is very... not so good.

56 minutes ago, lexx said:

Agreed. The reloading animation is very... not so good.

2 hours ago, POLPOX said:

And Kozlice's muzzle flash(es) is not aligned/drawn properly.

I was already wondering why nobody had mentioned that yet and wanted to post myself.

The animation feels very slow. Additionally if one is using free look the empty shells disappearing in the hand are very obvious. I believe it would have been better to let them drop to the ground instead. Furthermore, it feels like this thing should have more recoil, but since I've never fired a shotgun that might just be imagination.

very good work on AK 12 textures and sound!

1 the shotguns seems too powered
2 the rpg 42 alamut, when not in use, the optic is inside the  player shoulder, please rotate the tube in correct manner
3 why the mk14, wood version, is only semiauto?

14 minutes ago, zukov said:

3 why the mk14, wood version, is only semiauto?

It's a civilian rifle. In many countries full auto is prohibited for civilians.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The fire selector switch on all Promet variants points at wrong directions with both fire modes (plus there is some kind of texture artifact behind the selector)

gRWqYQn.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, R3vo said:

It's a civilian rifle. In many countries full auto is prohibited for civilians.

i know...but seems unnecessary feature.... in that zone there are a millions of Mosin Nagant the m14 isn't so common, maybe a dayz SA port.....

• Confused 1

The 7.62mm sound suppressor, in fact all suppressors in general, could use an "Old" version, similar in the style of the "Old" optics that are available for the new Mk14, the current variants break all continuity...

Spoiler

rwkdECV.jpg

:dontgetit: 

AK-12 sound suppressor are too thin. They should be more "fatter".

1 hour ago, R3vo said:

The animation feels very slow. Additionally if one is using free look the empty shells disappearing in the hand are very obvious. I believe it would have been better to let them drop to the ground instead. Furthermore, it feels like this thing should have more recoil, but since I've never fired a shotgun that might just be imagination.

I wanted to avoid dropping shells  since it would look really odd when you drop shells on ground while i.e. only one shell is used or when switching between round types and then, those dropped bullets magically appear again in inventory. While there are already weapons who do such thing (basically all UGLs), I didn't want to make it so pronounced. Anyway, there are some improvements for reload animations, especially with model.cfg - I'm working on 3DS Max to model.cfg exporter so something to GM mag movement should be possible to achieve. There are still some things to polish but hopefully it should be ready for testing in next few devbranch updates 😉

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1