DnA

Contact Expansion Asset Feedback

17 hours ago, AveryTheKitty said:

The new burnt barrel has some floating pixels

These faint markings are obviously photographic evidence of UFO's in the distance, don't try to distract us. You can't not prove that these are in fact not ET ships at all, hence alien fleet confirmed..

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Hey, I don't know if this is the proper thread for asking about Dev Branch Contact updates (and if it isn't, I apologize; would somebody be able to link me to a thread that's appropriate if that's the case?), but when can we expect to start seeing things such as new weapons (high emphasis on the weapons; in addition to loving weapons in general it's also somewhat easier to test them out and see how they perform in combat), new uniforms, gear, units, vehicles, etc.? In Arma 3's Discord I saw one answer saying starting Monday the 3rd (of June), and one saying mid-June. Are either of those correct, and if so, which one?

5 hours ago, maccrawinthejaw said:

Hey, I don't know if this is the proper thread for asking about Dev Branch Contact updates (and if it isn't, I apologize; would somebody be able to link me to a thread that's appropriate if that's the case?), but when can we expect to start seeing things such as new weapons (high emphasis on the weapons; in addition to loving weapons in general it's also somewhat easier to test them out and see how they perform in combat), new uniforms, gear, units, vehicles, etc.? In Arma 3's Discord I saw one answer saying starting Monday the 3rd (of June), and one saying mid-June. Are either of those correct, and if so, which one?

Devs said it could be this week.

Just now, R3vo said:

Devs said it could be this week.

Awesome! Where'd you hear this (I don't keep too up-to-date w/ BIS's developments barring Steam announcements and occasional word-of-mouth posts), if you don't mind my asking? Did they say what stuff could be added?

14 minutes ago, maccrawinthejaw said:

Awesome! Where'd you hear this (I don't keep too up-to-date w/ BIS's developments barring Steam announcements and occasional word-of-mouth posts), if you don't mind my asking? Did they say what stuff could be added?

5 minutes ago, POLPOX said:

Much appreciated, man. Feels good to actually have hope and stuff to look forward to. Here's hoping we get something this week. Promet rifles (fingers crossed); new units; the Spartan helmets Livonian troops wear; anything. I'm pumped for this.

• Like 1

I hope that the devs might consider a version of the new fatigues used by the LDF with full Kevlar gloves, and potential variants of the AKU-12 with a Vertical Foregrip

• Like 4

Latest Dev Build...

XT5955j.jpg

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, EO said:

Latest Dev Build...

It's still work in progress asset but it was fixed yesterday neverthless

On 6/3/2019 at 6:50 PM, SterlingC said:

Some of the rubble in the Radar Complex (HQ) goes black depending on the direction light hits it at night:  https://imgur.com/a/90tCE9X

Thanks, it should be tweaked in next patch.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just want to second (or third) the proposal to be able to use the map assets in TB at least on launch day... 

New tents

CkfZ0Xn.jpg

I love those tents, finally we can build some cool bases and mazes easy. Very nice.
A miss of two little components imo: triple-kind connection and small bend connection 45^ to make those builds more interesting and complicated. 45' can be use twice do give 90' bend or more.

----

Transparent tents and connection

2WDkyWA.jpg

Transparent connection would be very cool to have. Maybe something with lifted one side, so we can build a closed way to transport vehicles doors.

----

vFymTNm.jpg

In Tent Connector on a flore there is a stripe. A cross there would be more useful, logic and looking goooooood.

----

Concrete assets - I love those.

FdTStR5.jpg

iG0KHlL.jpg

To low for Marshal to pass, for Crawler is ok

FCiN0KU.jpg

Really cool and we could build some awesome bases but that would require a little bit more work around that asset:

- a steel doors instead of those wood ounces, a big steel air lock door, that would open slowly with an animation would be super cool but some slide hangar door would do fine

- floor for that asset, that would do building ramps and multiple floors constructions easy

- connectors, similar to those tents connectors, 4-ways and 3-ways

Gg7XfwV.jpg

PJeppRS.jpg

6cwCx5B.jpg

WDDRqLI.jpg

Yeah, I know that looks stupid crazy but imagine possibilities that gives.
Finally we can build missions for underground play, big interiors, etc. I wish to have more of those big concert constructions.

One block with hole in ceiling - to build few level "underground" interiors

Ramp or something that could be easy use in place of a ramp.

Stairs (we have some already).

Tunnels (I seen in one scenario, possible to do).

----

Power electric cables connections with cups

hmQh83l.jpg

Those cups are not really necessary. Power cables looks cool on a ground but once you put those cables in air, those cups look very static. I would suggest to cut those cups out, if that not to much work. Details...

Rj25NyL.jpg

----

Details...

YdoW3tD.jpg

litry or L

----

Xsxbb4x.jpg

Poster from 1992 in 2039 -> 47 years old!

Sierpień / August 1992 starts from Saturday not Friday and has 31 days :PPPPP
But my question is - Who's that lady? Do you have more? 😉

Are those textures come from older Arma games? I remember this Four guys with a cat funny poster, not sure where I seen that before...

----

MNdQhen.jpg

This window with missing bricks is super cool but works only in 50% unfortunately. Bottom part don't let bullets go through. This is too good to be left like that imo. Please fix it. I haven't look at all assets but I hope to have this gap presents in more places. For PvP games this is just super cool!

You could go further that way - a hole in wall (4-5 missing bricks) on a height of sniper rifle to allow for hidden shots form inside of a room. PvP thing but it could find a use in some PvE scenarios too.

----

HFAB7Hm.jpg

Yes. Soon all those nice assets will be fly all over the place. You know, there was that story... about UFO in Emilcin, Poland 1978 ... ;D

0ODQduw.gif

---

teAl2TE.jpg

Those assets have bottom! Yey! Nice!

----

5rNKwAG.jpg

I am backing what I wrote about Branzoll Castle, those additional assets can make it very useful.

----

HPWHxJa.jpg

I'm being extra picky now... but not sure about "Ku upamiętnieniu" is 100% correct with Polish grammar. "Ku pamięci" / "Dla upamięnienia" but... not sure is mixing those two into one correct... and I've seen that on a real statue too.

----

7QPWG0s.jpg

Any chance for something more? New cool assets for pre-orders people to have fun? Give as something please. We have June.
Can we have one of those target plates with alien on it? ;DDDD

New electronics assets and containers are very cool. Computers, servers, this big BI desk and screen all super cool. I have plenty of fun and new possibilities are endless - rooms will look now much more s-f interesting. And the new lights spots! Thank you.  GJ work Assets Team!

• Like 7

and finally we will see the MIPDS - 3  turrett in action against  alien mothership...

1g39ys.jpg

• Like 1

Is there any chance we will receive new bunker, sandbag, or H-barrier retextures for the new setting?

• Like 3

Does the railway barrier have an animation to close it/make it flash red?

Windows on the main doors to the L-shaped barracks are indestructible. All other windows work as expected when treated with extreme prejudice...

LB_windows.jpg

For terrain makers who want to get started using Enoch vegetation already:

• Like 2

On 5/30/2019 at 5:10 AM, reyhard said:

There is Eden attribute to turn on sprinklers on small decon shower. Right now, you can stop decon shower by using following code.

[nameOfDeconShower] call bin_fnc_deconShowerAnimStop 

In next update there will on/off user action for small decon shower too.

Is there any command that recognizes when sprinklers are triggered?

I'd like to trigger a trigger when it's turned on.

@OnTopic

Decon Shower has its structures a little transparent.
Tn59f4Rh.jpg

• Like 1

We haven't had the UGV's staged but one thing that would be nice and relatively low effort is a full combat variant based off TALON units. Basically just a small, articulated clamp with an LMG in it for use as a squad level fire support drone. For BLUFOR/GREENFOR this could be the Mk 200 LMG and for the CSAT one, the Zafir would be perfect. Would increase the roles that the new UGV could fill and increase its utility for combat deployment.

Likewise, if at all possible, underslung shotguns for at least the MX and Katiba family rifles would be nice, if not the Mk20s as well.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, ravenholme said:

We haven't had the UGV's staged but one thing that would be nice and relatively low effort is a full combat variant based off TALON units. Basically just a small, articulated clamp with an LMG in it for use as a squad level fire support drone. For BLUFOR/GREENFOR this could be the Mk 200 LMG and for the CSAT one, the Zafir would be perfect. Would increase the roles that the new UGV could fill and increase its utility for combat deployment.

Likewise, if at all possible, underslung shotguns for at least the MX and Katiba family rifles would be nice, if not the Mk20s as well.

Would love a little combat variant. 

• Like 1

@snakeplissken are you sure you are running latest version from devbranch? It seems like you are using older build. I'm not exactly when that fix was merged but I tried latest steam dev branch version and it's already working correctly there. As for condition detection, you can try using

nameOfObject animationSourcePhase 'valve_source' > 0

@kecske -

RedLight_Hide
WhiteLight_Hide
Level_Crossing_Barrier

Following commands can be used with animateSource on Land_Rail_Crossing_Barrier_F

• Like 5

@reyhard thanks for the shower command.

And as for the version I'm using, I'm using the "GameUpdater" program from "ArmA 3 Tools" to have both versions on my PC, the stable and the Devbranch version.

Only I have not updated to the latest devbranch, as I will do this when more physical resources (weapons) are added.😁

What the deal with the wooden/brick houses with chimneys not having any fireplaces? Could we at least get a placeable fireplace object?

• Like 1

First I'd like to say thanks for the new update! I'm very happy to be able to provide feedback for Arma 3 Contact and watch it develop. Now, for my feedback.

The new weapons' sounds are good. Really good. Too good compared to other weapons, which makes me hope for some sort of audio upgrade. There is some level of inconsistency between them and vanilla weapons, for example the Promet GL's UGL shoot sounds compared to vanilla UGL shoot sounds.

The Kozlice has the "sgun" cursor while the Promet SG's underbarrel shotgun has the regular "arifle" cursor.

The MRD (Black)'s texture is incorrect and it has the wrong UI picture.

20190610094026_1.jpg

What's the difference between the DMS / DMS Kir, and ARCO / ARCO AK? Different cursors or ranging?

LDF, Spetsnaz, AAF, and CSAT IR strobes have no visual difference from each other.

Will we get a UAV terminal for the Spetsnaz?

Viper Stealth suppressors are available to the Promet.

The RPG-42 (Green) is missing the "Alamut" part in its text.

RPG-42 (Camo)? 🙂

20190610095543_1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AveryTheKitty said:

What's the difference between the DMS / DMS Kir, and ARCO / ARCO AK? Different cursors or ranging?

Ranging, you can see on AK ones that bullet has larger drop so you have to aim higher compared to A3 ones.

• Like 1