DnA

Contact Expansion Asset Feedback

On 5/25/2019 at 8:21 PM, snakeplissken said:

-snip-

I +1 this so hard, having some attachments, even if not at launch but afterwards, would be excellent to get (along with a GL variant of the AKM as well)

Obviously haven't seen everything yet, but if you guys haven't included suits, for CIA spooks that would be a huge missed opportunity. Also (almost certainly too late for this), but an updated Arma 2 SUV for the same purpose would fit very well.

It would be very cool to get along with the Russian special forces, the Russian coloring for Russian vehicles (CSAT). Well, it would be very cool!)))

• Like 5

There seems to be an issue with the Connector Tent (Cross) with regards to its collision geometry when you try to close off some of the doors.

• Like 2

This maybe not a good place for question, I still got to ask. 

What are we to expect from "Aliens" side added to the game? Asset, units, ship etc?

27 minutes ago, FoxFort said:

What are we to expect from "Aliens" side added to the game? Asset, units, ship etc?

I suspect mostly assets as seen in the trailer. Focus seems to be on the "Science and investigation" stuff. Enemy is most likely something like soldiers with their minds taken over by an unknown entity. I doubt we will see many stuff in terms of driveable assets, alien weapons or even alien units. You can perfectly pull of this scenario with only abstract encounters.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Enemy is most likely something like soldiers with their minds taken over by an unknown entity. 

Or not even that, rather just common people fighting over alien artifacts. I would like that kind of scenario in fact (which doesn't mean, I wouldn't appreciate actual extraterrestials to use in some sweet SF projects). 

@DnA We have noticed that the center positions of the improved Arma 2 buildings have ever so slightly moved on most objects. This makes a direct replacement of old versions of buildings more difficult, though not impossible. Given that models (i assume) are still in a state to where they can be changed, would it be possible at all for the center positions to be moved to match the A2 source for buildings that are a direct Arma 2 replacement? 

Thanks.

9 minutes ago, -ben- said:

We have noticed that the center positions of the improved Arma 2 buildings have ever so slightly moved on most objects. This makes a direct replacement of old versions of buildings more difficult, though not impossible. Given that models (i assume) are still in a state to where they can be changed, would it be possible at all for the center positions to be moved to match the A2 source for buildings that are a direct Arma 2 replacement? 

I'm pretty sure it's impossible at the moment since it would break Livonia pretty hard.

4 hours ago, reyhard said:

I'm pretty sure it's impossible at the moment since it would break Livonia pretty hard.

You know admittedly, I did not consider this. Would be a reasonable amount of work to calculate the offsets and apply to Livonia i guess. :l

On 5/24/2019 at 1:29 PM, haleks said:

In what terms? RHS focuses on present day armies whereas A3 is set in the future, they don't really compare I think.

I guess. 

I also installed Aegis though, which includes its own interpretation of near-future Russia, which might complicate things.

Will the new buildings get partial destructions models in the future?

Edit: Sorry, should have been in the assets thread, please move.

Edit2: Thanks

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, fingolfin said:

Will the new buildings get partial destructions models in the future?

If you mean the middle stage (textures / materials), we are doing an inventory of which ones are not having it functional, and seeing what can be done with that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/25/2019 at 3:46 PM, DnA said:

Hi, I'm afraid not initially. We are at least distributing the EBO files to every Arma 3 player, but I understand why PBO would help more. We're internally discussing how we may approach this (for example via Arma 3 Samples) to facilitate terrain modders on a reasonable timeline.

I'm sorry but I don't understand the rationnal of preventing terrain modders to create new maps using the official assets ? What would be the main reason to stick to EBO for terrain objects ?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CaptainDawson said:

if you watched the UNOFFICIAL trailer

So far off from what Contact actually is

56 minutes ago, killzone_kid said:

So far off from what Contact actually is

We wouldn't know.

Can there be a functional person size decon shower? Because vehicle one seems to turn on and actually spray water now (even though I am not sure how to turn it off). Also, what sort of assets will be purely cosmetic without actual functionality outside of campaign?  If almost all of them are going to be purely cosmetic, I'd love to see placeable modules in Eden and Zeus for them to enhance custom scenarios further.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ISparkle said:

Can there be a functional person size decon shower? Because vehicle one seems to turn on and actually spray water now (even though I am not sure how to turn it off). Also, what sort of assets will be purely cosmetic without actual functionality outside of campaign?  If almost all of them are going to be purely cosmetic, I'd love to see placeable modules in Eden and Zeus for them to enhance custom scenarios further.

There is Eden attribute to turn on sprinklers on small decon shower. Right now, you can stop decon shower by using following code.

[nameOfDeconShower] call bin_fnc_deconShowerAnimStop 

In next update there will on/off user action for small decon shower too.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, reyhard said:

There is Eden attribute to turn on sprinklers on small decon shower. Right now, you can stop decon shower by using following code.

[nameOfDeconShower] call bin_fnc_deconShowerAnimStop 

In next update there will on/off user action for small decon shower too.

Ah great! I am glad there will be user action for it. 

14 hours ago, 1212PDMCDMPPM said:

I'm sorry but I don't understand the rationnal of preventing terrain modders to create new maps using the official assets ? What would be the main reason to stick to EBO for terrain objects ?

Maybe because BI wants to keep the option open to change them here and there. You do only full release on definitely finished products.

• Like 3

Honestly..the amount of assets is amazing...having a blast with creating compositions atm. Also love the light cones in different colors....something I was always hoping for 🙂

• Like 6

9 hours ago, reyhard said:

In next update there be will on/off user action for small decon shower too. 

I'm really liking the interactivity in the new props, especially the rugged objects.

Might there eventually be on/off user actions for some of the new lights and lamps?

• Like 4