DnA

Contact Expansion Asset Feedback

I incidentally placed my asset ideas in another Contact thread by accident, but aww well, thats on my for not reading the thread name 😄.

+1 to .kju's request, that could definitely help with people to get started with the new map assets.

20 hours ago, R3vo said:

https://imgur.com/jVmKD7W

The roof's texture of the chickencoop_01_f.p3d model doesn't have the same quality as the rest of the object.

Any chance we could get the famous radio tower from Chernarus? It would fit perfectly. 

Just add CUP Terrains and you have that and all the old ARMA2 buildings (often upgraded to be enterable - actually that Command HQ in the picture is more enterable in CUP than the enterable one in DayZ SA). Adding the DS Houses and SM Sheds mods gives you even more enterable A2 assets too btw

• Like 1

Adding shotguns is a nice new feature but it would be nice to have some more instead of just 1.5-2. Saiga from DayZ and the old KSG perhaps?

That said, more underbarrel shotguns on rifles would probably be the best idea, since the weapon is still useful at range.

854x480_488975.jpg

• Like 2

+1 to .kju's request. That would help get people to actually promote and buy the DLC!

polish straw is stronk straw

stronkstrawxwkw1.jpg

i'd love to create new buildings using the textures of the new assets. If it's EBO i cant do anything with them effectively.

After digging through the cfgFactionClasses stuff I have to ask, why are the LDF (IND_E_F) independent if they're a NATO member state? This also means they can't fight the looter faction.

EDIT:

20190524215536_1.jpg

Extra space after "used" in the 2nd sentence.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, .kju said:

@DnA can you please turn the terrain objects from EBO to PBO now - it would be extremely help for terrain makers to have them available in TB and for binarization ASAP

Hi, I'm afraid not initially. We are at least distributing the EBO files to every Arma 3 player, but I understand why PBO would help more. We're internally discussing how we may approach this (for example via Arma 3 Samples) to facilitate terrain modders on a reasonable timeline.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, petek said:

I've pre ordered so I assume as it nears release date assets will be added to try? At the moment it's the ones listed in first post in the editor but will the rest eventaully be accessible in arsenal/garage?

Yep, over the next weeks we'll be adding more to Dev-Branch. Normally at least all the platform stuff should be there before release.

• Like 4

will the promet's carryhandle work like any other optic (ie. being able to be placed on other weapons)

Team Dev, I will be very grateful and I believe that the others will also be if in that DLC are added some accessories of the AK rifles and that can be used in the AK rifles of the expansion APEX.

They would be a new muffler for AK rifles (so we have an AK we know).

PBS-04 or TGP-A-1 (the latter has in DayZ SA, since it used the homes of DayZ SA, using the suppressor would not be anything else).

And for optics, you could add the red point KOBRA or RAKURS.

IMG_0477.jpg

• Like 4

Assets are very nice indeed, in particular....

Radar complex buildings are just superb both inside and out.

Solar tents are also super cool.

The LDV woodland camo is beautiful....would be nice to see some of the older tents receive an LDV reskin too. (Land_TentA_F,  Land_TentDome_F)   

Can't wait to see what's added going forward. :float:

• Like 2

On 5/24/2019 at 6:24 AM, DnA said:

We do hope to release as many texture templates via Arma 3 Samples as we can post-release.

CBRN Suits are available in all NATO-spec faction camos (MTP / Tropic / Woodland / LDF / AAF / Blue / White).

I hope these will be included in the samples, I find it limiting that NATO essentially means US uniforms. I'm working on a Canadian reskin of NATO assets and it would be appropriate if they would have their own CBRN equipment - I know Livonia is a Baltic State, and Canada has a presence in the region under NATO.

• Like 1

the SCBA cans are so fun even though they have no textures its still fun to shoot them and see them go flying

@DnA Minor issue with the Gorka / Granit Suit's textures. On the camouflage version, the camo is in the wrong area. It should be where the dark green is.

Russian_Spetsnaz.png

Blue arrow shows where flat green should be.

Red arrow shows where camouflage should be.

Please note that the camouflage is in the wrong area across the uniform, not just on the pants.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, DnA said:

Hi, I'm afraid not initially. We are at least distributing the EBO files to every Arma 3 player, but I understand why PBO would help more. We're internally discussing how we may approach this (for example via Arma 3 Samples) to facilitate terrain modders on a reasonable timeline.

I understand why keeping the assets EBO before release (objects in the wild will stay in the wild, older versions may stay around and conflict with later updates, etc).

But it would be really helpful to get something like untextured, first-LOD-only p3ds of the terrain assets before or right after release (through samples or Licensed-data pack maybe) as a kind of placement proxy on terrains.

I know of a mod that maintains a few well known terrains where the new, opened and polished buildings could be used as a replacement instantly.

Also adding +1 to what @.kju said.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Land_Radar_01_HQ_F's second floor, (when the building is facing 0 dir) northwestmost room's north window is floating, not sure other windows nor other buildings.

Please make this house enterableA07880EFCE222FC166A746570462E4B30BBB74F7

Spoiler

Pv4mJbk.jpgUBXA2z1.jpgxwvGPRm.jpg34eFv9M.jpgZ8AjjOk.jpgGuS9j3K.jpg

0_о why this building has modeled but locked corridor?

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, Rhyder_Morra said:
  Hide contents

It's where the aliens are hiding ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, Rhyder_Morra said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Maybe missing action entry for the doors?

19 hours ago, Rhyder_Morra said:
  Reveal hidden contents

To be fair that's not the only building with a modeled interior that has an inaccessible area, for example the medical centre building has a similar area.....but surely the locked bars over these doors are a visual sign for no entry regardless of what's behind them.  

• Like 1

I think those are DayZ standalone buildings... or looks like it and when I played the free weekend, you could not enter those as well.

Would be amazing if this DLC had the same buildings but opened up!