DnA

Contact Expansion Livonia Feedback

7 minutes ago, R3vo said:

Just tested it and there are some very strange animal like sounds..given one the creeps.

Yes indeed, at first I thought it is pigs squeal.

4 hours ago, vafana said:

....pigs squeal.

maybe it was...

Spoiler

j8Wx2Ra.jpg

• Like 3

This can be replicated over every part of the river system on Livonia.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

mR6A8ZD.png

The railway at the station in Grabin doesn't seem to be...properly supported.

There are other instances of this in most other locations where the flat gravel object is used, but this is the worst one I've found. The sloped gravel object is fine since it accounts for terrain irregularities.

Light post placed in the bench at position [5647.92,3841.39,0], grid 056038.

oLdZyq9.jpg

I'm having a lot of fun with the new terrain. I was worried about the visibility of the procedural land-edge (I only ever played on Islands) and also the oversized scale of buildings, but I have to conclude, they do not bother me. It is a very cool terrain overall.

Some of the buildings are a bit immersion breaking because of the low quality though. Sometimes I feel like I am getting glimpses of OFP 😄

It is not always the case, some of the ruined villages look nice. Are they newer models? 

From observation, I have the feeling I get this most with some of the building doors, you are walking right up to them, so sometimes their ugly textures are right in your face. How much of the unpolished look is due to these door texures? Are they missing normal maps? Are some door textures better than others? (I have a feeling they are). Could BI create a relatively easy quality win by replacing some of the door textures?

So many questions.. 🙂

• Like 1

Generally Good, i liked the campaign, but there's true facts about recycling past objects such as for example, hangars military stations we see on Chernarus (which we have in CUP's too), and ther's very little willing material.

BUG report:

Radar station: you can't jump (means "V" key not Enhanced) to the ramp on 1st floor you get stucked in the middle of the building, while there are wholes you can reach also.

the livonia's lakes (in the North) are without undertow/backwash, is just my impression?

Could it be that the lack of work on the oversized doorways is simply because Livonia was always destined for DayZ?

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the plan at some point.

9 hours ago, EO said:

Could it be that the lack of work on the oversized doorways is simply because Livonia was always destined for DayZ?

Livonia uses DayZ terrain assets and buildings. So, what was your question again?

Of course it does, which is why i posed the question, not sure I need to repeat it.

Maybe after the announcement that Livonia will be Premium DLC for DayZ i'm just beginning to question BI's overarching strategy to generate revenue.

It does seem like that was planned - makes sense too, additional content for no additional costs. Also explains why buildings weren't resized... because that would make them not fit into DayZ anymore.

Livonia for DayZ would be a great move. The Arma3 community has already benefited tremendously from the European-styled assets freely added to the core game. 

-k 

Given that ArmA3 is, by this point, practically a zombie itself, I would say this is perfectly appropriate. 🙂

WE WANT BEARS! and svd (and the textures for colt 1911) 😁 if  dayz players have livonia is correct we have some assets from dayz

• Like 3

Don't forget about the cows.

Probably won't happen, though, as the animation system is different and A3 is just super garbage in that area. Maybe we'll get 'em in A4.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lexx said:

Don't forget about the cows.

Probably won't happen, though, as the animation system is different and A3 is just super garbage in that area. Maybe we'll get 'em in A4.

there was cows in Arma 2 if i remember well.....

Yeah, but animals in the game always have / had shitty animations. Just look at the current dogs, sheep, goats, etc... Stiff as they come, and if you shoot them, it takes them a while to realize they have to die now.

The animations are probably ArmA's biggest weakness that is not an actual bug. The engine, it would seem, simply can't do a decent job at it. Hopefully the next installment will fix that.

47 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

The animations are probably ArmA's biggest weakness that is not an actual bug. The engine, it would seem, simply can't do a decent job at it. Hopefully the next installment will fix that.

the lighting is even more problematic, even compared to older, dx10 titles.

Lighting is medicore, but I think animations break immersion a lot more. I'd classify the most serious problems with lighting as bugs (flares, for example). Although this is another area where it really shows that the game is built on a pimped-out OFP engine.

Remember that at night time... there is no shadow at all. There is so much fancy light to use, but as soon as you notice how nothing is throwing a shadow, it looks just so damn wrong.

16 hours ago, lexx said:

Remember that at night time... there is no shadow at all. There is so much fancy light to use, but as soon as you notice how nothing is throwing a shadow, it looks just so damn wrong.

Add to that the missing fading of colours at night. If you look closely the green is still green, not blue grey and white, red and blue objets or parts tend to slightly glow at night. The night lighting was no improvement at all with the new lighting update. The only remedy is to constantly change the post fx settings over a day in ArmA..