DnA

Contact Expansion Livonia Feedback

I spend the 3 days I had off this week an unhealthy long time on Livonia, flying, driving and walking around and running into soe combat by chance, using modules.

Some observations

1. The fireflies at night, simply stunning, the summr nights are quite bright, quite good ambient lighting over fields and Forests.

2. The ambient sounds in the forrst are a bit to full of "wild beasts" (Foxes and Coyotes?), the night amosphere seem to be that of the jungle,(Monkeys) I hope both are placeholders.

3. Crossing a brigde cuts off ambient sound completely.

4. there are a few points at which fording the river is possible with a MBT with no to little engine damage. Note that the Kuma and T-140 can do that at more places than any other MBT. I found only one Spot where the Slammer is able to ford the rivr without engine        damage. (water level <1.80m)

5. The bridges are undestructible, so chokepoints to force fording can only be made with mInes.

6. Ambient animal module options hardly fit the terrain. Cattle would be mandatory for such a region (ArmA 2 Cattle would do) Also Wild Boars (ArmA II)  and any kind Deer (with fleeing behavior) would fit perfectly and give that hunting weapons a meaning,

7. to much indestructable buildings (reminds of Tanoa)

• Like 6

@Beagle, Some nice observations. ^^

It's quite worrying that the ambient sound bug over bridges hasn't been addressed yet, that's been there since day 1. 

I also agree about the Ambient Animals both System and module for Livonia, much like the civilian aspect, it's very much lacking.

The developers were happy to utilize structures from DayZ standalone, why not some of the wildlife too....

• Like 4

Descending the ladder of this structure "Land_Radar_01_cooler_F", will make you end up at the back of the ladder.

Spoiler

The best map of all time created by BI  :icon_dj:

There is a general problem with bridges and all variants of the van (AI controlled) in particular. The same problem occurs on Tanoa by the way. The van refuses to cross bridges even in safe and careless mode.

4 hours ago, Beagle said:

There is a general problem with bridges and all variants of the van (AI controlled) in particular. The same problem occurs on Tanoa by the way. The van refuses to cross bridges even in safe and careless mode.

True I'm fighting with this since apex on my cti I used triggers what gives addforce to ai vehicle reaching bridges.. Basicly its kick ai to as to push them over bridges big bridges must be sorted with teleport trigger.... = Immersion killer

On 7/13/2019 at 4:23 PM, EO said:

@Beagle, Some nice observations. ^^

It's quite worrying that the ambient sound bug over bridges hasn't been addressed yet, that's been there since day 1. 

I also agree about the Ambient Animals both System and module for Livonia, much like the civilian aspect, it's very much lacking.

The developers were happy to utilize structures from DayZ standalone, why not some of the wildlife too....

Unless things have changed, Arma 3 handles animals locally and those entities aren't synchronised across the network. I guess it's fine for small stuff like birds, snakes and rabbits; but that would be more noticeable and problematic for the bigger species. I reckon that's why wild life in Arma 3 has always been a discreet feature; I don't think we'll ever see anything bigger than a rabbit... :/ 

10 minutes ago, haleks said:

Unless things have changed, Arma 3 handles animals locally and those entities aren't synchronised across the network. I guess it's fine for small stuff like birds, snakes and rabbits; but that would be more noticeable and problematic for the bigger species. I reckon that's why wild life in Arma 3 has always been a discreet feature; I don't think we'll ever see anything bigger than a rabbit... :/ 

I was mentioning those animals regarding the editor placeable ambient animal module. It already contains Dogs, Goats, Poultry and Sheep. Works the same way like ambient civilians.

Oh, my bad. ^^

I was thinking about the configured wild life spawns.

I really love the new helmets! Modeled and textured beautifully.

Could you add a variant of the "Advanced Modular Helmet" ("H_HelmetHBK_headset_F") without the attached camera? All other variants (without the headset, with the "Chops" or with the "Ear Protection") don't have that camera, so model wise it should be available.

18 hours ago, XOSPECTRE said:

gives addforce to ai vehicle reaching bridges.. Basicly its kick ai to as to push them over bridges big

Yes, I do this too. It's horrible but it's all we have.

5 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

Yes, I do this too. It's horrible but it's all we have.

AI is somewhat of a discontinued game feature.

Using "setPosASL" to move AI vehicles around is a reasonable solution. Like get the road network and setPosASL the vehicle to the next connected road segment

• Like 1

The silence of the BI officials in this threat s disturbing... I hope no one got abducted by aliens for vivisection experiments.

6 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

AI is somewhat of a discontinued game feature.

Using "setPosASL" to move AI vehicles around is a reasonable solution. Like get the road network and setPosASL the vehicle to the next connected road segment

OT. Have you used setdriveonpath to force the AI to drive where the road network is broken?

There is a tree in the road at grid 074042

I don't know if that is intentional or not, but regardless, the Ranger has to deal with it.

steJz8s.jpg

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

The rail bridge at Topolin seems to have been "fixed" by placing several canal wall objects under the centre pier.

I have to say, I don't like it. The open corners look unfinished and would never be done on a real bridge - they'd catch the current and erode. Honestly, you'd be better off making a new large square plinth object. Use the same textures, even; us editor users would be very glad of a square concrete object that doesn't have hazard stripes.

And unrelatedly, at the factory southwest of Sitnik (10900,8970), between the tallest chimney and the building it's attached to, there's a spread of debris floating in midair.

Devs, you may want to check the fence line at the airbase.

While some Spetsnaz were looking for a break in the fence to get into the LDF airbase, they found one at grid 036100. There was another break in the fence about 10 meters south west.

OkUIekm.jpg

• Like 2

I've contacted with floating waterwell at 019071.

• Haha 1

They are coming.....

Strange sounds in all villages of the Livonia. Place a unit in the editor together with cloudy weather and rain in any village, maybe it has been deliberately implemented (or is a bug) since the map was released, but I have just noticed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vafana said:

Strange sounds.....

Agreed.

Livonia soundscape is as creepy as Namalsk......there's something deep in the mix that sounds a little otherworldly.  I love it!

• Like 1

[7363.68,2708.37,0.00144196]

Factory building needs raising slightly, or the ground needs flattening slightly so it isn't poking through the floor. 

20 hours ago, EO said:

Agreed.

Livonia soundscape is as creepy as Namalsk......there's something deep in the mix that sounds a little otherworldly.  I love it!

I don't like it, it is simply too much and sounds distracting at best. Too much sound of wildlife while the forrest are instead void of animal life. Additionally some of that animal sounds simply don't belong into a baltic country forrest.

• Like 1

Yeah man, I see where your coming from, but maybe in the midst of the Contact Campaign it will make a little more sense...

1 hour ago, Beagle said:

I don't like it, it is simply too much and sounds distracting at best. Too much sound of wildlife while the forrest are instead void of animal life. Additionally some of that animal sounds simply don't belong into a baltic country forrest.

It's not about soundscape of the map, the sounds I'm talking about can only be reproduced in the villages along with the rain and a very cloudy sky; try in the editor, a unit into a village (Radacz for example), rain, cloudy sky 100%, and you will understand what I'm talking about.

• Like 1

There is a gas station with no marker on the map at grid 062039

D99529EACDF24E5D88C320DAA2C465B3BBB0DA81

1F1A6B0B60489F3D07AD9F12CB062086DE13D570

1 hour ago, vafana said:

It's not about soundscape of the map, the sounds I'm talking about can only be reproduced in the villages along with the rain and a very cloudy sky; try in the editor, a unit into a village (Radacz for example), rain, cloudy sky 100%, and you will understand what I'm talking about.

Just tested it and there are some very strange animal like sounds..giving one the creeps.

• Like 1