DnA

Contact Expansion Livonia Feedback

Honestly, in a fight, I take no time to look at the size of doors.

Here and there, I can get a glimpse at the landscape but I found destruction models a more annoying subject that the doors size.

I spent a few dozen hours playing fighting on Livonia and so far, the overall feeling is positive

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldbear said:

Honestly, in a fight, I take no time to look at the size of doors.

Here and there, I can get a glimpse at the landscape but I found destruction models a more annoying subject that the doors size.

I spent a few dozen hours playing fighting on Livonia and so far, the overall feeling is positive

ArmA III assets and maps are not used for combat solely.

Would it be possible to add at least two more airfields to this map to support competitive play involving aircraft on both sides?

They could be located outside of the actual play area in the unpopulated peripheral area of the heighmap. It's just important that there two large, flat areas that planes could land on - ideally marked as airfields so they show up on the heads-up display of jets when approaching. There is no need for any objects or assets, but of course having a proper tarmac with even ground and runway textures would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

37 minutes ago, nyles said:

Would it be possible to add at least two more airfields to this map to support competitive play involving aircraft on both sides?

They could be located outside of the actual play area in the unpopulated peripheral area of the heighmap. It's just important that there two large, flat areas that planes could land on - ideally marked as airfields so they show up on the heads-up display of jets when approaching. There is no need for any objects or assets, but of course having a proper tarmac with even ground and runway textures would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

The radar range of the fighters is farther out then the map is in lenght. Placing airstrips on the edges of the map is not ideal, since that would show the "edge of the world" immediatly, and that can't be desireable.  This would be considered bad map design and layout.

3 airfields on 12x12km? You can build if you really need, use assets from Contact DLC and ExtraEditor mod. I'm not sure how that would work for AI planes.

10 hours ago, Beagle said:

The radar range of the fighters is farther out then the map is in lenght. Placing airstrips on the edges of the map is not ideal, since that would show the "edge of the world" immediatly, and that can't be desireable.  This would be considered bad map design and layout.

I'm wondering, in an utterly uniformed way, if BI plan to extend the terrain into these areas in future updates.

I'm not BI but the answer is no.

• Like 2

The HUD marking for airstrips would be a bonus anyways... the really really really important part would be to get additional flat areas to safely land planes on, which mission makers can use in addition to the single airstrip on the actual play area. Ideally, these are positioned on the empty peripheral parts of the terrain and marked somewhere.

2 hours ago, nyles said:

The HUD marking for airstrips would be a bonus anyways... the really really really important part would be to get additional flat areas to safely land planes on, which mission makers can use in addition to the single airstrip on the actual play area. Ideally, these are positioned on the empty peripheral parts of the terrain and marked somewhere.

Objects out of the map area are out of question... really.

And who said something about objects exactly? Flatten the area, allow players to land planes. Assets can be placed by mission makers. If it’s possible, give the ground at that area a runway texture for better identification, if not, also fine. We just need areas where planes can safely land and take off.

25 minutes ago, nyles said:

And who said something about objects exactly? Flatten the area, allow players to land planes. Assets can be placed by mission makers. If it’s possible, give the ground at that area a runway texture for better identification, if not, also fine. We just need areas where planes can safely land and take off.

no, engine does not support this action

I hope people realize that there probably is a lot of tinkering still going on with the map with all kinds of details, but not with the outline. There won't suddenly be new buildings or bridges or airports or mountains or whatever.

• Like 1

And I hope people realize nothing like new buildings, bridges (although the ones currently there suck for boats passing under!), or airports or mountaints or whatever are needed.

Only thing we would really love to see is that parts of the terrain outside of the populated area is flattened. It's a modification to the heightmap, not rocket science, not manual placement of whatever. It doesn't require much more, just an area large enough to land planes on. Think salt lake on Altis.

Actually the outside border terrain is auto-generated and can't be manually flattened.

In fact we don't need flat place to land, we need slow flying aircraft able to land in a meadow, such as an AN-2 or an helicopter ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldbear said:

In fact we don't need flat place to land, we need slow flying aircraft able to land in a meadow, such as an AN-2 or an helicopter ...

But... VTOLs and Helicopters and light planes are already in the game. So...  what is the suggestion again?

Most of the terrains and islands released by Bohemia were integral parts of the story behind.

A terrain maker build a terrain with a purpose in mind, there are no such thing as a multi-purpose terrain or island.

Some environments like Chernarus or Tanoa are more "flexible",  usable in contexts that were not those originally planned.

It seems, it's not the case here, Livonia as it is seems a good start for a nice limited fighting place.

I disagree. There is absolutely zero reason to restrict usage that way. It is fine, if people want to use it as a "nice limited fighting place", but others don't. Worst case mission makers will either go and search for that flat ground on the peripheral and get something working, or even build an artificial strip by planting the stilted tarmac modules from Apex, but trust me, those airfields will pop up, if they are needed for a scenario. It would just be so much more convenient and user friendly to have them prepared in a proper way (again, with very limited effort!) and provided to that part of the community that would love to use the terrain for bigger PVP large-scale engagements like CTI, KoTH or EUTW.

3 hours ago, oldbear said:

It was mentioned in last trailer, that we should expect  2 surprises (vehicles) in Contact DLC. I hope for cargo, propeller plane: MV-22 Osprey would be great. The wreck of it, is already present in main game. Anything like AN-2 would fit too.

1 hour ago, Glow said:

It was mentioned in last trailer, that we should expect  2 surprises (vehicles) in Contact DLC. I hope for cargo, propeller plane: MV-22 Osprey would be great. The wreck of it, is already present in main game. Anything like AN-2 would fit too.

i believe thats referring to an alien vehicle and/or the 2 new offroad variants.

No offence guys, we're supposed to report things like floating rocks (not Alien induced), missing textures, misplaced road sections, etc. I know feedback/wishes can be a grey area, but I see a lot of - IMO- wishlisting .There's just one month left before the whole thing is released! You will just be disappointed with this line of thinking. There will be no Osprey, because it is too similiar to the existing Blackfish and does not make sense Faction-wise (also what Icarus said), there won't be things outside of the map, because it is outside of the map, the terrain mesh won't be changed, because map builders want to have that fixed as early in development as possible. There is so much cool stuff already, why can't you just be happy with that?

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Just playing cti on livonia for 5 hours already and I must say.. Ai pathfinding for wheeled vehicles are fantastic I don't know how did u make it but I never seen arma ai driving vehicles so nicely and smooth.. Good job guys

• Like 2

5h LOL... In Warlords, go to Topolin and order AI to cross the north bridge. My team just lost way in Topolin two times, before rail crossing. I had to manually drive all team on other side. Then fell off the bridge, some guy on a bridge just jump over to give us a way... yeah... This is even more problematic when some AA units stoping on that bridge.

Tree, Polana, 032020

pw0aeXJ.jpg

Just want to say. 

The more I play Livonia map the more I like it. With warlords gameplay mod, it's a pure enjoyment. 

• Like 1

I wish we have LDF in Warlords Livonia and OBFOR with woodland uniforms. That would be much more fun to play.

• Like 1