DnA

Contact Expansion Livonia Feedback

25 minutes ago, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

Is there any reason that the airstrip of the airbase on Livonia is not lit up at all? There are no lights for operating aircraft at night at all.

Yeah, it looks abandoned but the Livonians are supposed to have an Airforce, right?

They are supposed to have an air force but just because they have an air force doesn't mean they use that airbase.

You can make airfield that alive you want. There is plenty new lights assets in Project DLC.
bAaZsTN.jpg

iQVkYgc.jpg

Very easly you can do funny things with those too:
44DAyin.jpg

• Like 5

15 hours ago, jakerod said:

They are supposed to have an air force but just because they have an air force doesn't mean they use that airbase.

Airforce is a bit of an overstatement, all we have seen is an medium multi purpose helicopter.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2019 at 11:59 AM, Glow said:

You can make airfield that alive you want. There is plenty new lights assets in Project DLC.

If I had one wish, I would love to have each of those objects with *only* the flare and no shine.

Why no lightpoint you say? Well, lightpoints lag like hell after attachTo is applied whereas those light cone objects do not. If you want to create say siren lights, you would need a white flare on top of one of those colors. If you use the white cone object, it overshines the original color.

On 6/17/2019 at 7:42 AM, Beagle said:

Airforce is a bit of an overstatement, all we have seen is an medium multi purpose helicopter.

That doesn't mean they don't have MiG-29s that we don't get ingame.

1 hour ago, jakerod said:

Doesn't it?

...Antonov An-2 more likely.

Apparently instead of MiGs they will rather have F-35s, that we don't get ingame. 

• Like 1

I do prefer an PZL-Mielec An-3 or a PZL-130 Orlik

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rydygier said:

Apparently instead of MiGs they will rather have F-35s, that we don't get ingame.  

Plot-twist: LDF will have interstellar spacecraft (that are in the game..)

• Haha 1

Polish Airforce irl has M-346 for training purpose which is Western variant of Yak-130 which is real-life counterpart of in-game To-199 Neophron. How about to add variant of To-199 (with Westernized name, LDF-nized livery and cockpit textures) for LDF?

...And this topic is feedback for Livonia itself, may be offtopic.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jakerod said:

Yes, I hear they have a full navy with moving aircraft carriers, and complete interiors....we just don't get it ingame. 😉 

4 hours ago, POLPOX said:

...And this topic is feedback for Livonia itself, may be offtopic.

+1

a welcome reminder, including for myself 😓

It would be nice to have the ability to flatten the wheat fields when you drive through them. The corn fields on Weferlingen can be flattened when you drive through them....Is it possible to alter the geometry properties for the wheat models? 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, EO said:

It would be nice to have the ability to flatten the wheat fields when you drive through them. The corn fields on Weferlingen can be flattened when you drive through them....Is it possible to alter the geometry properties for the wheat models? 

The wheat flattens on my end...? At least with tanks, I haven't checked if it happens with all vehicles.

I was just wondering about this the other day, will Contact use flattened clutter, a decal texture, or a special object for the crop circles. 🤔

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Greenfist said:

The wheat flattens on my end...? At least with tanks, I haven't checked if it happens with all vehicles.

Lol, I didn't tested with a tank yet, but smaller vehicles, for example a Hunter, doesn't flatten the wheat fields.

Not sure if anyone said this but please if possible find a fix for the wheat view distance, it really ruins stealth if the enemy can see you crawling from 30 m away when in all reality you should be covered from everything view wise but overhead

3 hours ago, LykosMactire said:

Not sure if anyone said this but please if possible find a fix for the wheat view distance, it really ruins stealth if the enemy can see you crawling from 30 m away when in all reality you should be covered from everything view wise but overhead

If it bugs you a lot just remember that if someone was crawling through the wheat and the enemy had even a little bit of elevation on you they could see the wheat falling and moving as you crawl through it.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, LykosMactire said:

Afaik its only possible through replacing the wheat "grass" with actual objects like Rosche does. Trades visual fidelity with rendering distance I presume. I would welcome any change in that direction but doubt significant changes like these will be made in this late phase of development.

4 hours ago, nomisum said:

Afaik its only possible through replacing the wheat "grass" with actual objects like Rosche does. Trades visual fidelity with rendering distance I presume. I would welcome any change in that direction but doubt significant changes like these will be made in this late phase of development.

It works on Tanoa for the sugar cane fields...the sugar cane uses a LOD distance similar to buildings and several LOD models.

• Like 1

Don't know what kind of genius thought that taking name of Livonia, putting in Lithuania and Poland and having people speak Polish there is a good idea. Livonia is modern Estonia and Latvia who suffred centuries to come independent. It's equivalent of taking name of Prussia, putting it in Norway and calling it Norweigan speaking country. Very disrespectful stuff to modern Estonia and Latvia even if its "fiction" or just "game". Shameful

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, tsuks said:

(...)Very disrespectful stuff to modern Estonia and Latvia even if its "fiction" or just "game". Shameful

It's fictional situation from year 2039.

Independence is not something guaranteed for ever.

I believe that much better idea would be to not precisely placing Livonia on a world map and leave it to players. I thought that was new BI politic... and I speculate around it, but now is to late:

wDxOEpN.jpg

I thought that borders in Livonia are much much closer and that this fact will be somehow related to Contact campaign.

cBNBGOR.jpg

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Glow said:

It's fictional situation from year 2039.

Independence is not something guaranteed for ever.

Fun stuff. Should have called it Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth and shrinked it to that same place and made it Lithuanian or Latvian speaking country, would you have liked it? Some reacting laughing emojis, fun stuf for you but im not sure if you would be laughing if these same fictional situations would be done with your country and people. Massive disrespect from game developers and these people, such shit shouldnt have been brought to a game and i have doubts they didnt make it purposely. Googling Livonia shows all

• Haha 3

Some time ago BI Devs were sent to prison in Greece because some local politician wasn't happy that in the Armaverse, our playing ground universe were you can be revive after death and found unlimited ammo in a rather small box, on a Greek speaking island some guys turn into quislings. Let's says that Ivan and Martin are Czech,  the people from Czech republic also have things to say about freedom.

It's not a real country, like Everon was looking  like Krk but wasn't a Croatian island because it's a gaming universe, using real life data in order to get accurate features and details which is a good thing when you create a playing ground in a realistic looking game such as Arma.

It's a game with a story about alien Contact, enjoy the show.

• Like 1

Should have called it Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth and shrinked it to that same place and made it Lithuanian or Latvian speaking country

Well, can't speak for the others but I, as a Pole, would certainly appreciate absurdity of such choice and would enjoy it, no hard feelings for sure, it would be hilarious in a good way. But this says only, at least judging by me, it's not good analogy apparently. 

Also note, It is "done to my country" too, and I'm genuinely happy, that I can have some piece of Polish landscape in Arma even, if in the Armaverse they cut off part of my country to create Livonia. And Poland was under Partitions over a century, erased from the map this way. So how should I react? How dared they deprive Poland of part of its territory? Outrageous? Not at all. Because they didn't. They created a fiction made for fun indeed. 

That being said, it stroke me as kinda weird, they decided to use actual, historical name, not something made up. Remotely, but still, as we see, it poses some risk of touching someone's national pride.