DnA

Contact Expansion Livonia Feedback

Just now, Tankbuster said:

Yes, I'm sure it's just plot. Also note that 'underground' can mean a resistance force, perhaps guerillas.

I can't actually find the mention of underground anyway.

The easiest interpretation of the wording is tunnels. But that might not be what it actually is. Most likely, it's literally nothing.

There are several tunnel formations including road tunnels in the game, also 'caves'. The trick is to make them seem like they're underground. 😉

Caimari Tunnels.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, CaptainDawson said:

There are several modded maps I can think of which have a range of small to large caves, tunnels, or bunkers made using workarounds.

Yes. And all of them look bad, because the light is shining through and the ai can't traverse them without issues. Hell, ai can't even walk over mountain objects that aren't "underground".

42 minutes ago, CaptainDawson said:

Even in the stock maps there are several small caves, and there is no reason a couple small tunnels couldn't be made even using the existing placement of boulders on Livonia.

Sure, but we are talking about "an underground alien network that spans at least several kilometers" here... and if anyone can pull that off in Arma3, without above mentioned issues, I'll be very surprised.

• Like 2

The moment I read that on the store page, I knew people will ask about tunnels to walk through. Here is the evidence from Steam Contact DLC description

Classified Intel

Spoiler

Little is known about the extraterrestrial visitors, but their largest observed vessel is hard to miss. Presumably employing a form of gravity control, it appears to have little trouble maintaining levitation despite its massive size. It is unclear whether Livonia is the only arrival site on Earth, but the UFO is believed to purposely hover above an underground alien network that spans at least several kilometers. This network’s purpose and origin are entirely unknown, but it appears to be incredibly old since it has gone unnoticed for the longest time. Recent reports also mention sightings of highly advanced car-sized alien entities surveying the UFO’s nearby environment. However, much more information is needed before their true capabilities and purpose can be evaluated.tie

s surveying the UFO’s nearby environment. However, much more information is needed before their true capabilities and purpose can be evaluated.

When I think about what can be an  underground alien network as I know it's not an undergound tunnel, I am thinking of a large wire antenna.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, oldbear said:

The moment I read that line on the store page, I knew people will misinterpret it and get angry about a lack of real tunnel to walk through.

Classified Intel

Reveal hidden contents

Little is known about the extraterrestrial visitors, but their largest observed vessel is hard to miss. Presumably employing a form of gravity control, it appears to have little trouble maintaining levitation despite its massive size. It is unclear whether Livonia is the only arrival site on Earth, but the UFO is believed to purposely hover above an underground alien network that spans at least several kilometers. This network’s purpose and origin are entirely unknown, but it appears to be incredibly old since it has gone unnoticed for the longest time. Recent reports also mention sightings of highly advanced car-sized alien entities surveying the UFO’s nearby environment. However, much more information is needed before their true capabilities and purpose can be evaluated.tie

s surveying the UFO’s nearby environment. However, much more information is needed before their true capabilities and purpose can be evaluated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Wow I'm so sorry for that dog.

Some problems in DeconShower_02_F.
- there is no sound when it works
- after the second start the animation is broken

• Like 1

12 hours ago, oldbear said:

The moment I read that on the store page, I knew people will ask about tunnels to walk through. Here is the evidence from Steam Contact DLC description

Classified Intel

Reveal hidden contents

When I think about what can be an  underground alien network as I know it's not an undergound tunnel, I am thinking of a large wire antenna.

In the promotional materials you see an alien sphere kind of thing. My guess is that in certain missions, you have to find all of the alien spheres with the new special radio device. Are these artifacts randomly distributed across the map? In actuality yes, but according to the story they will be visible nodes of an underground network. This underground network does not really exist, it exists only in the story to give some meaning to the artifacts. How do I know all this? My tin foil head told me 😉

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, joostsidy said:

(...)

This underground network does not really exist only in the story to give some meaning to the artifacts. How do I know all this? My tin foil head told me

Good. I was about to dig in map files to see those underground alien structures.

Lakes at far map edges are clear! 😛

I wonder what use those water reservoirs could have in a scenario?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Glow said:

I wonder what use those water reservoirs could have in a scenario?

I am pretty sure they are only there to make the map view look better.

On 5/29/2019 at 12:07 AM, pr9inichek said:

@DnA hi 🙂

Please check https://feedback.bistudio.com/T139840 ^_^
Thank you

Ticket has been closed, but problem still persist.

@falagor Hi 🙂

When will it be fixed?

On 5/27/2019 at 10:00 PM, pr9inichek said:

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T139793

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T139795

This tickets has been not fixed too

+ add

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T140668

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T140666

@DnA please check this tickets 😉

May be add more variants of weapons camouflage?

Examples: Zafir (Black), Zafir (Green Hex)

Spoiler

Q1hDF0v.jpg

aMBNbxf.jpg

10 hours ago, pr9inichek said:

Ticket has been closed, but problem still persist.

@falagor Hi 🙂

When will it be fixed?

Thank you for your feedback😃

We checked the texts with translators and working on the fix based on their advice and real life references.

10 hours ago, pr9inichek said:

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T139793

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T139795

This tickets has been not fixed too

+ add https://feedback.bistudio.com/T140668 & https://feedback.bistudio.com/T140666

@DnA please check this tickets 😉

Our QA team and terrain developers are constantly working on the fixes sector by sector. Please keep eye on the further updates.

• Like 5

Placing down the Open/Close Door module and set doors to open, there are a few buildings that won't comply...

Front Entrance to the Market building: Land_VillageStore_01_F

Front and side sliding doors on the small railway warehouse: Land_Rail_Warehouse_Small_F

• Like 1

Very common thing... intended 😎

I hope to see some extra retextures of some other weapons, more specifically:

1. Black and Green/Tropic variants of the ACP-C2
2. Tropic and Desert camo of the Katiba and its variants
3. Black and Desert camo of the TRG and its variants
4. Black and Green/Tropic camo of the Mk20 and its variants

• Like 1

I will strongly suggest to change status/destruction model for the "jail" building such as the one to be found near Nadbor church.

8McZzgfh.jpg

I have been fighting for hours along my FIA comrades and was doing some a sniper job from the rotunda when after some MG rounds the building has disappeared.

So for gameplay sake, the status must be change to "indestructible" as the church and the nearby mechanical workshop or to a more realistic destruction model alternative.

ATM, this massive concrete and steel building is replace after destruction by near nothing, misplaced small bricks wall and wood shards.

MZqxKyqh.jpg

• Like 3

17 hours ago, General Kong said:

I hope to see some extra retextures of some other weapons, more specifically:

1. Black and Green/Tropic variants of the ACP-C2
2. Tropic and Desert camo of the Katiba and its variants
3. Black and Desert camo of the TRG and its variants
4. Black and Green/Tropic camo of the Mk20 and its variants

Don't forget about the Mk-18 ABR, it is only available in ivory white like the standard MX, which is not a camo, but a reflective signal color in game.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, zukov said:

Please add the Bar/pubIx2vGGt.jpg

And them... but there is only wishes...

NOuzVsN.jpg

14 hours ago, zukov said:

Please add the Bar/pub

Nah... Not Livonian enough...

Here you have life examples:

z20178144V,Budka-z-piwem--lata-50-.jpg

Piwo ~ Beer and park with benches

kolejka_przed_sklepe_73024g_1268323634.j

Monopolowy ~ Liquid store

bar.jpg

Bar Mleczny ~ that would be close equivalent

• Like 2

Is there any reason that the airstrip of the airbase on Livonia is not lit up at all? There are no lights for operating aircraft at night at all.

Yeah, it looks abandoned but the Livonians are supposed to have an Airforce, right?

Just now, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

Is there any reason that the airstrip of the airbase on Livonia is not lit up at all? There are no lights for operating aircraft at night at all.

It's abandoned.