DnA

Contact Expansion Livonia Feedback

Scaring fish is not welcome. You don't want to risk local anglers retaliation.

8 minutes ago, HaseDesTodes said:

and that's not even the worst bridge, just the most annoying, because you think you might just pass under it.

you can't pass under 4 of the river bridges with a Speedboat HMG. all other boats, and even APCs are fine, but that damned tower on the boat blocks it from passing under.

if only we could saw that stupid tower off the boat

nothing wrong with the tower.

just like the unnavigable (by AI) bridges and roads and surfaces on Tanoa, the new gen of terrain designers at BI appear to not play or own a copy of the game.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

just like the unnavigable (by AI) bridges and roads and surfaces on Tanoa, the new gen of terrain designers at BI appear to not play or own a copy of the game.

well, i don't think this boat is meant for operations on rivers in that form.

and from what i could see, the tower doesn't provide any gameplay function in vanilla. diver has no working displays and the commander has the displays bound to the GMG in the front.

all other boats provided by BIS can pass underneath all of the bridges, even APCs (not sure if i've tested the Marid, but i think i did).

imo the bridges look realistically placed the way they are. no one would build a ramp for a bridge for such a small river unless there was a need for it. to me it doesn't look like the river was large enough for any proper ships.

and even if they did build a ramp, i fear this would not only look silly, but also might cause some more problems with the AI.

i really wish it was possible to use armed boats on that river for more than 2km, or whatever the longest distance is you can travel on the river.

but having thought about it, i don't think changing that the bridges should be the way to go. it'd probably look silly.

imo, the best way would be to give the option to hide the tower of the boat, but that's probably more than a bit work.

second best would probably be an armed version of the RHIB for all factions. it even looks like it has a weapon mount in the front. but that's probably as much work as option #1.

(i think there should be one or two versions in CUP, but i'm to lazy to check. and using mods for every little thing isn't really an option for me)

4 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

That's not the least bit true. These problems have existed since Operation Flashpoint. AI couldn't walk on docks. They weren't great at making it across the bridge either. Same problems in Armed Assault and Arma 2. They're nothing new. Terrain designers need to make sacrifices to gameplay for logic sometimes and vice versa. Not to mention they're limited by budget as well. If the bridges were arch bridges the boat might work better but they probably don't have the 3d artist time to do that and it would look weird. Plus those bridges are only usable in that one instance then.

I promise you they play on it. I have screenshots of them doing that from months ago. But they're responsible for 144 sqkm (144,000 sqm) of terrain and you can't make everyone's ideas work. It would've been cool if you could take a boat down but speaking from experience on the matter it's incredibly difficult to make a terrain look good and be able to have that option. And hell even if they did do it, you'd just be complaining that the aircraft carrier can't fit under the bridges.

And the new generation is quite talented! They've been making kickass maps. I do this stuff professionally and would love working with these guys.

Just be happy you got a river at all. I've been waiting 17 years for one!

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Groove_C said:

@jakerod Nogova ❤️

It's really more of an inlet than a river though. Same with the water going through Dolores on Sahrani.

As developer of Railway mod (https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/183408-russian-railways-mod/) I strongly ask map designers to move some railway objects!

This will add realism to the map and does not require much effort. 

1) Please move signals far from rail curves. 

G6wsrb5Ta-c.jpg

Only 9 signals need to be moved. Scheme below:

Spoiler

vyzfdBKowlo.jpg

p67HJ3lBvvA.jpg

XS93bqYQBO8.jpg

Q_CTOt2bM6M.jpg

VTKtwSPF3Vw.jpg

2) Some platforms have non-realistic distance to the rail:
66w4Ebd5ZnI.jpg

Real-life train models (and also default 742 loco from arma 2) can't use this rails. For example DM62 loco model "stuck in textures" of platform:

RP35UU_6jNI.jpg

In Topolin town you have greate place to move one of the platforms:

Spoiler

8niRcJ_Eww0.jpg

But i don't have any Ideas about Grabin platform:

Spoiler

NCxZPQEl_Y4.jpg

P.S. Thank you very much for the large railway line and excellent railway objects (especially for working rail-cross barriers)!

u6TWMygB3Fc.jpg  8TXmeAxk6X4.jpg  G7OOLUx4Lyg.jpg

K9mRw7HP83g.jpg  pcZSVDqH48w.jpg  sIZTuvCdPwE.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

One of the issue with the railway network is that it's not built the realistic way.
This is particularly the case when the switches are replaced by assemblies composed of the juxtaposition of elements.

The consequence is that the spacing between the tracks is tightened and that consequently the positioning of the platforms is incorrect.

In the case of boats, on canals and rivers special care is given to superstructures, limiting their height and using folding mats.

Just ask a boat builder from the Netherlands 😎

• Like 2

So are we going with "Enoch" as the worldname while "Livonia" is the display name?

Wondering if we can start scripting using the word "Enoch" or will it change to Livonia at some point

• Confused 1

It will not change anymore.

• Like 1

@fn_Quiksilver

On 5/25/2019 at 4:25 PM, DnA said:

The class name is final (you'll see this codename throughout much more of the platform content).

On 6/2/2019 at 12:15 PM, fn_Quiksilver said:

(...)

would you deny us this fun? 🙂

+1

And it looks like Livonia have some special places for that kind of FUN.

2B7933677654B6E81F7E56F9719DDC1A50482A7B

I would suggest to lover a little bit those trees on the left side for that boat-to-vehicels fire exchange.

16 hours ago, oldbear said:

positioning of the platforms is incorrect

Possible way to fix it is changing level of platforms between rails. Like this:

HVcOMU9_vG4.jpg    BEZgPYPi4h0.jpg

Real Poland have stations with the low-level platforms:

1200px-Dziergowice,_dworzec_kolejowy_(9).JPG

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Glow said:

I would suggest to lover a little bit those trees on the left side for that boat-to-vehicels fire exchange.

Remember mission makers can utilize the 2 environmental modules (Hide and Edit) to manipulate certain areas of terrain for such purposes. :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

The ladders on this structure (Airport control tower) at the airport are not useable

9EF2FB6685E88F58E6AE1CE7FEC8628C54D5D6FD

Climb direction is wrong

Isn't this exactly what gets fixed in today's dev-branch update?

Yep, was fixed

So the performance in inhabited areas (even with only a handful of enterable houses) is still atrocious. Can someone tell me exactly what the DayZ buildings bring to the game (because it's certainly not furniture) that warrants such a big performance hit?

PS that constant annoying ambient distant traffic/ wind noise is still there too. 

• Like 1

It's lush, really beautiful. First negative experience, especially in forest areas, is some kind of shadow line wandering quite close in front of player unit. It's below the shadow drawing distance. IDK, a lot of shadow popping going on.

worldname Enoch will just lead to support/confusion.

@DnA, Could you clarify if small object placement is complete on Livonia.

There still seems to be a lot of areas that are still devoid of small clutter objects like trashbins, crates, wrecks etc. 

Towns and villages are fine but there are still areas of the map, especially military compounds and industrial areas, that with the exception of the buildings themselves are completely bare-bones.

These areas in particular....

Qyz42fZ.jpg 

[7816.33,10098.3]
[7908.62,9704.6]
[4486.68,4819.87]
[6397.05,4805.92]
[5022.88,2150.76]
[8922.59,2055.34]
[4839.45,858.456]

The map is really lovely (seriously, I'd go for holidays there) and indeed quite heavy when there's more buildings. Like when I usually play at capped 50 FPS it can go down to 30... On a Radeon RX 580 that is, it's somewhat equivalent to a GTX1060 but more RAM.

I just realized I accidentally played the map with different colors, which look great IMO. The original is kind of more hazy. Maybe it's a bit too dark now but not sure what daytime the screenshots have been taken.

Screenshots:

A4693E7B5B0FE94681EC68856115C4DB8E0CA299

790FFCCC7292719AEC7EEED70DBD6B49C1BA23D3

28340529D1901CBB82BDDB7346899BE79C13BC47

PPeffect_colorC = ppEffectCreate ["ColorCorrections",1500];
PPeffect_colorC ppEffectAdjust [1,1.12078,-0.0982481,[0,0,0,0],[1,1,1,1],[0.5,0.25,0.25,0]];
PPeffect_colorC ppEffectEnable true;
PPeffect_colorC ppEffectCommit 0;
// You can import the preset back to ReColor by copying this to clipboard:
// "Livonia",1,1.12,-0.1,0,0,0,0,1,1,1,1,0.5,0.25,0.25,0,0,0.5,0,0.2,0.1
  • Like 1

Whoever worked on the forests has done a splendid job, so many beautiful areas of accurate forestry interspersed across the map. Clearings, saplings, there's even some evidence of forest dynamics here and there. Just lovely.

Deers are referenced quite a lot with this terrain, and i'm certain there are deer calls somewhere in the soundsets.....  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, EO said:

Whoever worked on the forests has done a splendid job, so many beautiful areas of accurate forestry interspersed across the map. Clearings, saplings, there's even some evidence of forest dynamics here and there. Just lovely.

Deers are referenced quite a lot with this terrain, and i'm certain there are deer calls somewhere in the soundsets.....  

When you say accurate forestry what do you mean exactly?

• Haha 1

Livonian national borders

cBNBGOR.jpg

X2p2tBJ.jpg

I had some questions about Livonia national borders but sort it out on my own. All cool!

I assume that this Measurement Points (Punkt pomiarowy) can be read as national border (or point from witch borders / demarcation line are set). Not sure am I correct here.

YnKGMjn.jpg

BTW. Steam achievement for anyone who will find all those measurement points - that would be very ok 😄

Marking those Measurement Points (Punkt pomiarowy) on a map, would be actually a bad idea: We have assets to make those points and moving borders around a map however we want - that's cool.

----

Neer Belarusian border

g2RmSJI.jpg

It would be more logic to have warning signs with Belarusian warnings text in that place. I think we have some available with extra assents, those are map static.

----

Trees inside of buildings... The second one I would pass. I think buildings need more inspections.

WMayHq1.jpg

nNbGrM7.jpg

----

I like those Livonian forests too. Especially those with long straight roads are super cool for direct, long fire exchange of any caliber size. FUN! GJ!

• Thanks 1