DnA

Contact Expansion Livonia Feedback

9SJxHIY.jpg

I think this just shouldn't be...

Power Plant in 115070

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dedmen said:

the buildings on Livonia seem just a little bit too big for the Arma soldier.

It appears to be mainly the doorways on several buildings indeed. We're investigating, but as you point out, changes to buildings are quite tricky at this stage. Apparently some Livonian house builders grew up on high energy diets.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

No no don't touch to doors! Otherwise I'll never get these DDR made furniture inside!
M6njzGU.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

Jesus, look at that door handle. It's pretty much in his face. 😄

I thought the models were taken from DayZ? Does the game not have these size issues? How wasn't this noticed earlier?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Damn you must feel like a baby in this map 😄

27 minutes ago, lexx said:

Jesus, look at that door handle. It's pretty much in his face. 😄

I thought the models were taking from DayZ? Does the game not have these size issues? How wasn't this noticed earlier?

I guess the DayZ player model isn't the BI standard 1.8m tall 😛

2 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

You haven't seen the Livonians yet.

Exactly, doors are just fine for average Livonian, you puny foreign dwarfs. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, DnA said:

It appears to be mainly the doorways on several buildings indeed. We're investigating, but as you point out, changes to buildings are quite tricky at this stage. Apparently some Livonian house builders grew up on high energy diets.

Maybe just deliberately undercompensate? Say a building is for some reason 20% too big, maybe it is enough to scale it back 10%, so it is less obvious, while the foodprint stays similar enough so that the placement is still good and the house does not need repositioning?

It's indeed a weird bug. Is DayZ engine scaled differently internally?

Does it affect all DayZ buildings, or only some of them?

I just really hope this can be somewhat mitigated, as it is definitely noticeable (even when you not know about it).

• Like 1

After the call from our hunters, scientific team is investigating the area ...

r0n8MYqh.jpg

As the reporter from AAN channel was asking about the strange phenomenon of this cornfield spontaneous mutation in a meadow, Prof. S* from Bohemia Institute of Technology has answered, "They are not far away, you'll know more soon ™".

• Like 4

22 hours ago, beaar said:

I've collected some screenshots in an album with feedback on AI positions in buildings. In the screenshots, they show up as the numbered white dots, and I added red dots where I think more AI positions would be good and red boxes where I see something (potentially) wrong. I think it should come across without needing explaining. 

Thanks, I'm adding/improving AI path positions and such overview is quite useful 😉 Just a note - AI positions which are not accessible for AI are not breaking path lods so i.e positions on attics are rather unlikely to happen.

https://i.imgur.com/Hq3xcWx.jpg - position like this also not possible to do since AI ignores path lods if it think it can move using regular path finding.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, reyhard said:

Thanks, I'm adding/improving AI path positions and such overview is quite useful 😉 Just a note - AI positions which are not accessible for AI are not breaking path lods so i.e positions on attics are rather unlikely to happen.

https://i.imgur.com/Hq3xcWx.jpg - position like this also not possible to do since AI ignores path lods if it think it can move using regular path finding.

That's exciting! Looking forward to that.

I have a request partially related to what you're doing. Barn (Brick), Barn (Wooden, Small), and Barn (Wooden, Large) have some potential that hasn't been fully realized. On the two wooden barns, there are holes in the walls of the barn at roof level with the largest ones being at each end. You can't shoot out of them or even get up to them if you add scaffolding. There's an invisible ceiling blocking you. Can that be removed so we can add some interesting sniper positions?

Additionally, Barn (Brick) has a second floor that you can't get to or stand on if you place a unit there. There's invisible geometry. It would also be nice if it was possible to at least place a unit to stand up there and shoot out the windows and it would be even better if a ladder was added.

These models have been this way since Arma 2 and has always been annoying.

Cow Shed left has a window that can't be shot through or have a grenade thrown through. It's the window that sticks out of the roof above one of the side doors.

Cow Shed Right has a door that can't be opened which is probably a design choice but a little weird given that you can get in the area behind it.

Apparently I like farms.

• Like 4

@jakerod -  I will take a look at those since indeed Barn (Brick) always annoyed me since A2 and seems to fairly simple to do.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

After fighting some hours in Nadbór, I found major drawbacks related to buildings :

-  most of the window sills does not allow the support of the weapon,

-  the height of the window support does not allow shooting downwards, and sometimes horizontal shooting even in standing position,

-  the pile of rubble is not proportional to the size of the building, it is in particular the case of the "jail house".

I want to report a misplaced green gate (half in a house) x=6086.59, y=4205.96

• Like 3

5 hours ago, reyhard said:

@jakerod -  I will take a look at those since indeed Barn (Brick) always annoyed me since A2 and seems to fairly simple to do.

Thank you! I appreciate it!

1 hour ago, oldbear said:

-  most of the window sills does not allow the support of the weapon

I initially thought this to be the case too but most windows sills definitely allow weapon resting after the glass has been shot out.

Well, before shooting through a window, I always break the glass with my hand gun as a standard procedure.

You can sometimes get partial resting , as you can get along a tree trunk, but you are never able to deploy on a sill.

I am wondering if the wood stack, stuck in the middle of the meadow [x=6192.32, y=4277.26] is misplaced.

Slightly misplaced row of objects on a dirt path, south of Zalesie: https://imgur.com/a/d9zbY7Q

Also I don't know whether new structures are possible at this point, but I think the small tenement building would be a great fit for the largest town(s) on the map (after some slight tweaks to make it less abandoned).

• Like 5

Yeah the appartment buildings...that was one of my thirst thoughts too. Would be a great addition for the main town to make it a bit more diverse to the rural areas.  Could be even the red brick appartment blocks from Arma 2 🙂

The only missing item is the a_pub building 😎

In it's Polish form of course ...

I5mfMf9h.jpg

Source : Google Map

• Like 1

Communication towers at Krsnik, and more importantly the military complex directly south, have no small clutter objects, trash bins, wrecks etc.   

On 5/29/2019 at 6:33 PM, Greenfist said:

No no don't touch to doors! Otherwise I'll never get these DDR made furniture inside!

Size of those affected buildings looks straight out of Jack and the Beanstalk.

Would be nice if this had a higher priority because it's pretty damn obvious and I kinda doubt Hercules/Conan are the landlords there or it's Barszcz's fault.

• Like 3

I am concerned about the level of requirements in order to play  "Livonia" as a terrain.
After many hours of play, I found that the hardware level required to play on Livonia is high, perhaps higher than for Tanoa in fact.

Deliberately, I am testing Arma3 with an entry-level configuration, based on a Ryzen 3 2200G CPU.

I had to enhance it a lot in order to get a playable level, meaning running in the 30 FPS range
At the moment, I am using the EZ mode of the ASUS motherboard to push the 4 cores to 3.8 MHz, I had associated 16 GB of DDR4 3000MHz RAM, a 4GB RX 570 and the game is displayed on a monitor in 1080p.

RX 570 is the last addition, the previous RX 550 2GB was almost constant at 80 and 100% and was only displaying High Quality.

What I witness here, playing Livonia, on a mission with a limited number of AI players, is that the performances are at the limit of the gameplay, in the 18/25 FPS range.

I want to report texture errors for

\supplies_f_enoch\bags\data\b_scba_01

\supplies_f_enoch\bags\data\b_scba_cur_01

\props_f_enoch\infrastructure\traffic\data\garbagebarrelc

and a "market" building misplacement in X=6259.37, y=3991.37 (grass in the back entrance)

Any reason the river is not navigable by the Speedboat Minigun?

It would seem a no-brainer to design the bridges to allow the games boat assets to pass.

51EE96923B6B9FD200189BAD04E16FF7DF308703

would you deny us this fun? 🙂

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

Any reason the river is not navigable by the Speedboat Minigun?

It would seem a no-brainer to design the bridges to allow the games boat assets to pass.

51EE96923B6B9FD200189BAD04E16FF7DF308703

and that's not even the worst bridge, just the most annoying, because you think you might just pass under it.

you can't pass under 4 of the river bridges with a Speedboat HMG. all other boats, and even APCs are fine, but that damned tower on the boat blocks it from passing under.

if only we could saw that stupid tower off the boat

On 5/24/2019 at 12:55 PM, HaseDesTodes said:
  Reveal hidden contents

664975DFC3416B46D977D7DEEDB1926A2C947D08

E0B24E72FD3AEA317AD9EC96F77580A4485EEE3B

07063F77784410A660E317D0C8B1F41805FC717B

80D4BD0751EFA2F210D84AB94178AA770C313414