DnA

Contact Expansion Livonia Feedback

I'm encountering pretty regular audio pops in my left ear specifically when moving around Livonia, particularly when I get near forests. Environmental sounds also cut out completely when I travel over water.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, GuyWithaJeep said:

I'm encountering pretty regular audio pops in my left ear specifically when moving around Livonia, particularly when I get near forests. Environmental sounds also cut out completely when I travel over water.

I'm sure it's that annoying constant ambient environmental whoosh sample. I also often get the pops when hitting escape, or alt tabbing.

Like the map so far, just has that nice mix of everything also some nice choke points. The ai seem ok driving and moving around it, which is good because expected some wonkiness when crossing bridges. Some performance stuff, but nothing that bad. Though most noticeable for me in high veg areas like that little ruin fort in the northwest. So far no big problems standing out, though i wish i could demo the bridges.

I like new terrain but it looks more like Cold War era not 2035. No modern buildings, etc. It's too much similar to Belarus terrain, a little bit wasted opportunity here imo.

Castle. Why is so ruined? Not very useful, no walk-able walls or any dungeons or caves.

More places where you could hide tanks, would do good to this terrain.

Livonia look perfect for small, tactical tank battles. It need more ditches, roads with trenches on both sides, river pits, etc.

The open terrain is just perfect for that kind scenarios here.

Issues:

I found one telephone sloop in the middle of the road (will drop coordinates later).

Sorry, but I had posted this one on the wrong thread

Livonia map looks fine, a feeling of Chernarus+ probably.

Nice having all those buildings we can enter.

FPS are OK with entry level R3 2200G at 2200 m visibility.

But 100% GPU load on entry level RX 550.

Some rails track mismatch near Garbin station in timbers loading facility such as ...

duSTR41h.jpg

Is that kind of thing to be posted here or on bug tracker ?

• Like 1

On 5/24/2019 at 7:23 AM, tpw said:

• Overpowering daytime atmospheric ambience that sounds like constant wind / distant traffic, needs to be scaled back about 95%.  

Same for the Tanoa map.
There are extreme loud wind noises (louder than chopper engine sounds) at some places (e.g. at the edge of the volcano crater).

16 minutes ago, KoalaDSK said:

Same for the Tanoa map.
There are extreme loud wind noises (louder than chopper engine sounds) at some places (e.g. at the edge of the volcano crater).

Indeed you’re right, and both give me the shits. The Tanoa sound is altitude related, the Livonia is not. I really hope it is changed, it’s getting in the way of my desire to explore and find bugs to help terrain development.

Yeah I really hope the devs do read  some of the constructive feedback and use the remaining weeks to fix and improve things  of this otherwise really amazing map.

most wanted:

- ambient sound ballance

- resize some of the buildings

- improve the horrible looking low rez doors on some of the chernarus+ buildings ( I know this has also been reported on the DayZ forums a while ago)

- add some modern buildings and props to create a more believable look of a 2035  East European setting.

on the wishlist :

- wildlife (deer)

- some appartement blocks for some diversion instead of having only village houses ( even if this is a more rural area)

- check the chernarus+ buildings for perfomance

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Will the world classname remain Enoch or is it likely to change to Livonia? 

21 minutes ago, EO said:

Will the world classname remain Enoch or is it likely to change to Livonia? 

The class name is final (you'll see this codename throughout much more of the platform content).

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DnA said:

The class name is final (you'll see this codename throughout much more of the platform content).

Why Enoch, can I ask?

12 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

Why Enoch, can I ask?

OFP Island classnames were Old Testament biblical names too:

Eden (Everon), Cain (Kolgujev) , Abel (Malden), Noe/Noah (Nogova).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enoch_(son_of_Cain)

You can see two different Enochs listed as relatives of both Cain and Noe respectively

• Like 3

Yes, I remember the OFP terrain names. It's curious that that convention was dropped for the majority of A3 terrains and now it's back.

40 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

It's curious that that convention was dropped for the majority of A3 terrains and now it's back.

The environment team was working on the terrain as Enoch for a much longer time until we later settled on Livonia. Meanwhile also the other part of the data-set was built using that codename. We often use codenames different to display names, such as Curator for Zeus and 3DEN for Eden Editor. Contact itself is a codename that survived 👽

• Like 3

Which faction will take up OPFOR's side in the Warlords scenario for Livonia?

Loading texts are always insightful, equally so for Livonia....

Spoiler

"The geographic coordinates of Nadbór are 54°14'58.1""N 22°51'42.6""E."
"The early inhabitants of Livonia spoke a Balto-Slavic language but adopted Polish during the Middle Ages."
"The Nadbór Region became an army training area in the 1990s. Since 2035, it has grown extensively to accommodate biennial military exercises, held between NATO member states."
"The abandoned SIÅA Factory was once renowned for producing one of the world's finest sport and hunting rifles."
"The River Biela is personified as a benevolent spirit in Livonian mythology, often in the form of a white snake."
"The hills to the south of Nadbór appear in folklore as the seat of an ancient and unspeakable evil."
"A popular pub on Dambog Hill was demolished in the 1970s and replaced by a military observation tower."
"Livonia was part of the Soviet Union from 1940. It gained its independence in 1991, during the Singing Revolution."
"Despite being a Polish-speaking, landlocked country, Livonia is generally recognized as a Baltic state on account of its shared history, heritage, and culture."
"Livonia's megalithic sites are rarely considered genuine. All too often, they are dismissed as the work of the country's National Rebirth movement."
"Although the Nadbór Region is thought to have been inhabited since prehistoric times, no serious archaeological research has ever been conducted."
"The Biela River Valley is known locally as the ""Valley of Blossoms"", owing to its rich agricultural production."
"Forest management within the Nadbór training area is overseen by the Military Forests Directorate and enforced by armed Forest Rangers."
"The town of Nadbór is situated inside a much larger military exclusion zone. It is connected to the outside world by a road corridor, leading to nearby Gieraltów."
"Occasionally, urban explorers are caught trespassing at the old Swarog radar station and SIÅA arms factory."
"Nadbór was excluded from the military training area, as it was originally the home for many workers at the SIÅA arms factory."
"The Nadbór Region is rumored to be the birthplace of traditional Livonian ""jarzębnica"" - oatmeal topped with bitter-sour rowanberry jam."
"The Wrzeszcz crossroads are strategically important, yet NATO exercises rarely encompass them."
"The town of Topolin saw fierce fighting between a Soviet penal battalion and retreating Wehrmacht troops on December 31, 1944."
"The last anti-Soviet partisans were allegedly hiding in the hills around Nadbór as late as 1965."
"The biggest deer ever hunted in Livonia was a 32-point stag, shot in the Muratyn forest district in 1864."
"The yellow of Livonia's flag suggests hope for the future and continuity with the past. The white represents peace and justice, while the blue signifies freedom and the distant Baltic Sea."
"The ruins near Bielawa mark the site of Branżów Castle, which opposed the Knights of the Teutonic Order until 1306."
"Jan of Branżów (c. 1213 - 1265) was known as the 'Bloody Baron' after his heroic feats during the Battle of Bajorki."
"Topolin is the district capital of the Upper Biela Valley Region."
"Before the outbreak of WW2, Livonian armed forces followed Poland's military doctrine and built a number of fortified defensive lines."
"The highly militarized Nadbór Region is part of Andrzejów, one of Livnonia's three administrative divisions."
"The Livonian Romantic composer, Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz, wrote the famous ""Livonian Suite"" after visiting Polana in 1842."
"Livonia's emblem is the stag, symbolizing independence, indomitability, and instinctual readiness. The antlers - shed and regrown annually - reflect the nation's post-Soviet restoration and continual rebirth."
"There are 54 bunkers scattered across the Nadbór Region."
"The so-called ""Andrzejów Gap"" is south of Nadbór and runs through the heart of Livonia. It is of great strategic importance, linking NATO Baltic States to the rest of Europe."
"Fireflies or Lightning Bugs can be found all across Livonia. The females are famed for their yellowish-green, bioluminescent glow."
"According to official data, there are around 700 wolves in Livonia."
"Many mushrooms grow in the forests of Livonia. Some are edible, while others, such as the brown-capped Deadly Galerina, are highly poisonous."
"Livonia was founded in 1920 by Zbigniew Sokolski, a Polish mutineer general, sympathetic to refugees fleeing war and political turmoil in the northern Baltic States."
"Livonia borders Lithuania, Belarus, Poland, and the Kaliningrad Region of Russia."
"Deer are not what they seem..."

A few things I've noted already that are related to the loading texts...

The hills to the south of Nadbor are very creepy indeed, especially from dusk till dawn, there is a strong whiff of Namalsk around those parts, something in the sound that I can't quite put my finger on yet. 

Deer and wolves are referenced a few times, given there are deer skeletons among the assets, I'm hoping deer are added to the ambient system before release.

A little feedback regarding the terrain, given it's landlocked with only a very murky river running through it, are ambient fish really necessary?....I found a few spawning on open ground around the riverbanks already.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, EO said:

Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz

🙂 Iconic. 

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The radar complex at Swarog has literally no small clutter objects like trash bins/containers, garbage piles etc.

Similarly the large industrial complex that sits between Rodzanica and Swarog has no small clutter objects either....these objects are convenient for loot scripts which rely on static map objects    

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, EO said:

The radar complex at Swarog has literally no small clutter objects like trash bins/containers, garbage piles etc.

Similarly the large industrial complex that sits between Rodzanica and Swarog has no small clutter objects either....these objects are convenient for loot scripts which rely on static map objects    

Yes, I wondered about this too. Given the state of repair of the building itself, it's remarkably tidy. 🙂

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, EO said:

.these objects are convenient for loot scripts which rely on static map objects    

I hide IEDs in them. Muhaha. 🙂

• Like 1

On 5/24/2019 at 7:29 AM, mickeymen said:

Personally, I am sorry that the new map for "Arma3 Contact" - is not an island.

In particular, the borders of such maps (not islands) look always not good for such game as Arma.

The borders is usually a quadratic area, the existence of which (such form) is difficult to explain.

I always want to ask why is it not a circle or a rectangle? If it is a quadratic, then this form must be explained.

Minuses of non iseland map, that always bother me:

a) When a player located on the edge of the border of such a map, he will always see the void of the landscape bounded by a line.

It does not look natural what player can see - this is not looks as Arma in my view

b) When player flying to an air vehicle, from the height of flight the borders of such a map look even vorse.

If the border of the map were surrounded by a high fence, the existence of which could be explained by the plot of the campaign,

then it would be better.

Devs! please consider high fence for LEVONIA , which for example could have been erected in order to limit radiation contamination or for restrict the penetration into the zone of any third forces

Not a perfect solution, but still better than an invisible border.

I agree wholeheartedly. The map border is the number one reason I don't like most mod maps. If no effort will be made to smooth out the transition between the 2 areas, it would be great if we could have some sort of barrier/exclusion zone to at least prevent infantry from having to see the end of the map. Nothing's more exasperating than making a cool mission, then realizing that it's too close to the edge and looks ridiculous from the player's perspective.

Don't laugh at me, but the game Unturned has a really great solution to hiding the end of the map. Terrain slightly rises at the edge just enough so that player's on the ground can't have line of sight to the ground outside the line. Roads and RR tracks usually avoid the edge, but the few places they intercept the map's edge, they end in a tunnel which is blocked or destroyed.

In a military training area such as in Livonia, it would not be unreasonable to have some sort of fence/barrier separating the area from the outside world. Especially if there was some sort of alien encounter they didn't want the world finding out about! The previous official maps have NO visible end of the map from the player's perspective. Making Livonia follow this pattern at least a little bit would greatly increase it's awesomeness and realism IMO.

• Like 2

On 5/24/2019 at 7:29 AM, mickeymen said:

Edited by CaptainDawson
Duplicate post, please remove. I am on a smartphone...

It is possible to fall through the floor in a part of this building.

20190526122642_1.jpg

Open the front doors and go forwards to the wall.

20190526122633_1.jpg

Turn around and start walking side to side along it, against it, etc. Around the area I shot in the above pic, it is possible to clip through the floor and take damage.

Pic of me falling through.

20190526122627_1.jpg

These have some weird lighting issues (the poles)

20190526123139_1.jpg

20190526123110_1.jpg

(Same without flashlight on)

AO from grass is going through the pole.

20190524224939_1.jpg

• Like 1