Jump to content
DnA

Contact Expansion Feedback

Recommended Posts

Just now, Grahame said:

So DZSA should have empty buildings? Cause these buildings are ports from there where they had furniture... If you want to dev a map with a realistic environment you just have to add all those objects anyway, so where is the saving. Not only that but DS_Houses gives us all the small buildings *with* furniture so it's sort of a step backward

 

DZSA doesn't have an editor afaik and isn't built around scenarios like Arma 3 is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AveryTheKitty said:

 

DZSA doesn't have an editor afaik and isn't built around scenarios like Arma 3 is.

Not sure how that matters... the assets are for map devs as well as mission devs... Easy enough to provide two models... If object placement was completely reliable then I would just be happy with TPW Furniture... but it is not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And you can map edit DZSA yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But, as I say, DS Houses gives us all the HouseV* models with furniture, so these assets become less useful... House Blocks on the other hand... even empty, but opened, that would be very appreciated. Again, don't want to get too caught up in this... happy with the military assets (especially the SecretHQ ones from Tisy - have plans for them) and the opened industrial buildings... though, again would be nice to have the others. And ofc, the opened sheds (finally - even though a mod did that already too...). Overall, happy with the map assets, but just providing feedback based on years of experience running servers on Eastern European maps with AiA and CUP Terrains...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, maccrawinthejaw said:

What's a blocking issue? And also, when you say "push over the weekend", do you mean it'll come out during the weekend or come out next week?

A blocking issue is one that is too severe even for experimental Dev-Branch release, in this case it was a rendering issue that glitched weapon LODs. We then prepared a normal update with fixes to existing content, but it got blocked by a EXE building pipeline fault. A fun day at Bohemia 💥 🙂 Both issues are now resolved, so we again hope today to publish a fix update, and early next week the weapons.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good stuff (on fixing the issues), and thanks for the answer.

 

I'll admit, it's sort of disappointing about the weapon release being kicked down the road, but I can deal. 🙂

 

Are all of the guns going to be released all at once or will there be waves, like this week will have the Promet rifles, the next will have the AKs, and so on?

 

And lastly, do  you happen to have any sort of road map for Dev Branch Contact content updates? I'm just curious to know the flowchart of what comes next after weapons and so on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Grahame said:

Not sure why all the furniture was removed from the buildings

This the approach we've taken with all Arma 3 terrains. It has pros (clean scenario creator spaces / performance) and cons (less 'alive' world by default). We'd love a technology that would allow both options, for example to toggle furniture on / off, but we don't have it in Arma 3. Also: 👽 😉

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Screw the buildings, get out into the sticks folks.....the forests are easily the best part of the map. 🌲

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, DnA said:

Also: 👽 😉

 

qLSliwK.png

 

🤔

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, there were three different newspaper stories like that in original ARMA3. Laughed when I first noticed them, especially the "'Where's my furniture gone,' says local resident" one (something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DnA said:

This the approach we've taken with all Arma 3 terrains. It has pros (clean scenario creator spaces / performance) and cons (less 'alive' world by default). We'd love a technology that would allow both options, for example to toggle furniture on / off, but we don't have it in Arma 3. Also: 👽 😉

Understood, and I understand the reasons behind the decision too. Probably half the mission makers want it and half don't so you can't win either way 😉

 

TPW Furniture is pretty neat and mostly functional for that and allows a number of different templates per building model. I'll take a look at the latest version, maybe do some templates for the new Contact buildings and pass them back.

 

Any chance of a change to the ATC model though? The 0.61 DayZ one was opened more than the Contact one

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DnA said:

This the approach we've taken with all Arma 3 terrains. It has pros (clean scenario creator spaces / performance) and cons (less 'alive' world by default). We'd love a technology that would allow both options, for example to toggle furniture on / off, but we don't have it in Arma 3. Also: 👽 😉

 

On that subject, I really like GM's approach with pre-made compositions you can add to shops.

It has a lot of potential and it would be very easy for mission makers to work with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, haleks said:

 

On that subject, I really like GM's approach with pre-made compositions you can add to shops.

 It has a lot of potential and it would be very easy for mission makers to work with.

Could you give more info on this please? Not familiar...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Grahame said:

Could you give more info on this please? Not familiar...

 

Some of the buildings on Weferlingen have furnitures : those are technically 2 assembled structures, the building itself and the pre-assembled furnitures. They are designed to fit specific buildings, so they offer easy to use and pre-made alternatives to fill various types of buildings.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Polish engineering has come a long way... the antenna either uses alien anti-gravity or is held in the air by that one stairway 😎👽

 

antenna.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Grahame said:

Understood, and I understand the reasons behind the decision too. Probably half the mission makers want it and half don't so you can't win either way 😉

 

TPW Furniture is pretty neat and mostly functional for that and allows a number of different templates per building model. I'll take a look at the latest version, maybe do some templates for the new Contact buildings and pass them back.

 

Any chance of a change to the ATC model though? The 0.61 DayZ one was opened more than the Contact one

Let me know if you need a hand mate. I've been hesitant to do Livonia furniture templates in case the buildings get changed (eg shrunk to the correct size).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, EO said:

Screw the buildings, get out into the sticks folks.....the forests are easily the best part of the map. 🌲

Ever played Kingdom Come Deliverance? The countryside and forest are astonishing, the towns are a slideshow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PM-ed you. Great mod mate, great, great mod!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, DnA said:

This the approach we've taken with all Arma 3 terrains. It has pros (clean scenario creator spaces / performance) and cons (less 'alive' world by default).

 

I think you are simply smart gilrs & boys wich marked the furniture as a single group in the 3d model for the future arma port, should also be the reason why the doorlocker still be in the 3d model of the old DayZ buildings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, tpw said:

Ever played Kingdom Come Deliverance? The countryside and forest are astonishing, the towns are a slideshow.

 

Easily the best wilderness of any game

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMHO on livonia map the devs have made the precise "Cold War touch" look this video on italian abandoned 's Nato communications base in Mountain Giogo
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would it be possible to add the pre-alpha versions of the AMV-7 Marshall into the game? It might be nice to roll around investigating early signs of alien life in a less armed version. We wouldn't want to give off the wrong impression to our alien overlords.
latest?cb=20140607042912
I believe this was a pre-alpha version of the Marshall designed to be a medevac.

However, if we wanted to rebel against the alien overlords we would need something bigger. The Mortar variant of the Marshall might be up to the task.
latest?cb=20140607042937

Just a suggestion, I like the number of assets that the expansion brings. I was just curious if something like this could be in the realm of possibility.
Thank you for your hard work!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CapShawns said:

Would it be possible to add the pre-alpha versions of the AMV-7 Marshall into the game? It might be nice to roll around investigating early signs of alien life in a less armed version. We wouldn't want to give off the wrong impression to our alien overlords.
latest?cb=20140607042912
I believe this was a pre-alpha version of the Marshall designed to be a medevac.

However, if we wanted to rebel against the alien overlords we would need something bigger. The Mortar variant of the Marshall might be up to the task.
latest?cb=20140607042937

Just a suggestion, I like the number of assets that the expansion brings. I was just curious if something like this could be in the realm of possibility.
Thank you for your hard work!

_vehicleObject animate ["hideturret",1];

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ACR overhauled to arma 3 as independent force that helps the livonians in a tech race...... against CSAT/russia and NATO
 

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you still have time and it is not laborious, you could create some laboratory equipment like a microscope, some glass jars, syringes, precision scale, hospital bed, a large white table and some cryogenic chamber.

 

That would give a universe of possibilities in the creation of the mission.

 

And some internal walls of the laboratory, where half is glass, so we can divide each internal sector.

 

Laboratory.jpg

Hempel_R&D.jpg

 

frame3.jpg

F173049~p.eps-650.jpg

All-Laboratory-equipment-blood-test-CBC-

dry-autoclave-2.jpg

leica-dmirbe.png

 

 

 

 

 

maxresdefault.jpg

latest?cb=20130221180705

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×