DnA

Contact Expansion Feedback

How to use different colors or icons on a new map? Is it all nerfed to a black color and a dot marker? Alt, Shift, Ctrl combos not working. We got a map light from ACE, how about markers with quick move and rotation ability?

On 7/27/2019 at 3:34 AM, HazJ said:

This must of slipped past QA/Testing... Understandable as I could only reproduce once. 😋

https://i.imgur.com/uS6f6vn.jpg

Been using custom FOV for well over a year. This doesn't look right...

(POSSIBLE SPOILER: from Contact campaign)

https://i.imgur.com/a1T76zE.jpg

Ah FOV ....  I have the same problem don't think i would of thought of that I set up the FOV years ago. 

Anyone else having issue with fire effects not showing up? I keep getting burned as all that shows is heat haze? 

cheers

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, petek said:

Anyone else having issue with fire effects not showing up? I keep getting burned as all that shows is heat haze? 

cheers

No, it shows up, but at some times some lightsources first show up as a big white square. Only a second, and then its fine.

1 hour ago, petek said:

cheers

Assume because you're using some particle MODs such as Blastcore. Did you tested it in Vanilla?

1 hour ago, Antilochos said:

No, it shows up, but at some times some lightsources first show up as a big white square. Only a second, and then its fine.

It shows up when the game is loading the lens flare effect texture.

• Thanks 1

Hi

No mods and Vanilla branch. Saw a youtube walkthrough and they didn't seem to have the same problem...... strange

I really enjoyed the campaign! I had no issues (probably because I don't use custom FOV or too crazy keybinds). The only thing I didn't like was the performance, but I guess that was to be expected.

Not particularly impressed with this dlc. A stark lack of content when compared to something such as operation arrowhead. A new map is nice but a complete lack of vehicles and weapons makes the Contact feel like a ripoff, not the mention the new RPK and AKU seem as though they were just re-purposed from Apex. A waste of money imo.

I'm very pleased with this mini campaign, a bit overpriced as always with BI but still a good DLC imo.

My main concern is on the technical performance side. During my playtime my FPS never went above 30 and were 90% of the time between 10 and 20, especially in the third and fourth missions. I have an "old" setup with a i7 3770k @4.4Ghz, 16Gb of RAM and a GTX 980, which is not the most powerfull system but still, I was able to squeeze between 40 and 60 FPS in the APEX campaign and 40+ when playing Invade&Annex on a public server.

Might be the amount of scripts or particule effects, but I strongly suspect that the missions in the Contact DLC were designed to have a fixed viewdistance and viewobject settings, which could makes sense on the gameplay side of things

Spoiler

You might need to be able to see the alien drones and the LDF patrols at a distance in some missions, and perhaps the usage of the radio disrupter device is dependant of these settings.

The means of communication with the AFOs are a bit confusing, but not game breaking.

I hope these performance issues will get adressed in the future as this is a good DLC imo.

• Like 1

So, July 25'th is here. Any chance we get an unencrypted pbo's with the Livonian map stuff to improve our islands?

Having the worst fps ever. Cant get more than 25-30 fps even if all my settings are on minimum. Usually having at least 40 in any other campain or even a KoTH match.

13 minutes ago, WookieOfTheBush said:

Can this 1 small issue that i have found so far be addressed. (image link below). The spectrum device UI is low.

https://imgur.com/fVUvy2Z

It seems that you aren't using the default FOV.  Try zooming out, or go back to the default FOV. 

13 minutes ago, stburr91 said:

It seems that you aren't using the default FOV.  Try zooming out, or go back to the default FOV. 

It would be nice if it was adjustable

13 hours ago, WookieOfTheBush said:

It would be nice if it was adjustable

I guess FOV adjustment is not possible officially (only through means of manually editing undocumented config files) simply because BI knows such issues would pop up, and BI also knows they won't have the time or ability to really fix it.

So for now (as it's always been the case) custom FOV is simply not supported.

Now if you can make same bug happen on a triple monitor setup, or on weird game resolutions, then we're talking about a bug that ought to be fixed.

I play with TrackIR, and my zoom in/out is bind to my head movement, when I moving closer to my screen or father away. It's kind of custom fov. You can try to achieve this by  binding zoom to some analog axis, throttle or something like that. Some joysticks have that little analog throttle build in.

I keep getting that introduction screen as Contact being the new dlc. I mean, I already finished the campaign, I know.

Is there a way to turn this off? I can not find it under options neither in the launcher. If not, my advice to BI is to make this option...

profileNamespace getVariable ["BIS_welcomeScreenContactShown",1];

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, R3vo said:

Go into the Editor and execute in the debug console.

profileNamespace setVariable ["BIS_welcomeScreenContactShown", 1];

Thanks for the rapid response, but somehow I don't get it to work. Keeps giving me a error message.

Must be on my part, but BI could've made this a little bit easier if you ask me...

7 minutes ago, Antilochos said:

Thanks for the rapid response, but somehow I don't get it to work. Keeps giving me a error message.

Must be on my part, but BI could've made this a little bit easier if you ask me...

It's a know bug and will be fixed. Copy the code above again, there were some invisible signs at the end which I missed. Seems that copying code from the forums occasionally adds invisible signs. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Thanks 1

Well, if it is a know bug, I don't mind waiting for the next patch.

Thanks for your help.

Premising this with the fact that I have absolutely loved this DLC so far but I wanted to share something very frustrating about the 4th mission of the campaign 'Anomalous Phenomena'. It has to do with the ending of the mission so I'll have it spoilered below.

Advanced issues found

Spoiler

From the start of the mission, your supplies are very limited and you're encouraged to gather equipment by investigating the POIs across the map. Also while not strictly necessary you're also encouraged to treat this mission as a stealth mission. Part of my personal handling of that is to be very light on equipment for higher stamina in case I have to flee after being spotted. Despite that, I gathered as much equipment as I could from across the map (Suppressors, Different guns, an RPG, Silenced sniper rifle, NVGs, IR laser, etc.). I stored almost all of it in the crates available at the radio tower and in a pair of trucks I used to move around the map. Most importantly I stored away my NVGs and IR laser since it was starting to get bright out and I didn't know if the aliens would damage them again locally at some point.

The mission ends with you locked in the small shack under the radio tower with some of your team members by Russian special forces who then leave you to be rescued shortly after. After that, the mission immediately ends with you only carrying over the equipment you have on your person. Understandably I was quite frustrated that I had lost the vast majority of the equipment I gathered even more so since there was a time skip back into the night.

I think a small update to the campaign that instructs you to gather your desired equipment before boarding the van then triggering the next mission would make it much more rewarding to actually bother going around investigating all the POIs and scavenging equipment while also stopping future players from getting frustrated after such a long and enjoyable mission.

I plan to revert the campaign and replay the mission again with this issue in mind and I'm sure I'll enjoy the experience again, but it's the kind of oversight that might make others quit the campaign at that point.

@radiorobot

Yes, I mentioned this too.

does this work in cfgAmmo with the new Shotgun Pellet ammo

fireSpreadAngle=3;

?, it doesnt seem to be in the config in the viewer so is it now hardcoded?

Sorry if this is the wrong thread

The campaign is amazing.

BI already mentioned, they are considering how to implement some campaign features in sandbox.

It would be great to use the spectrum device to triangulate the enemy location, for example using two teams to locate an enemy HQ.

A future campaign could include some form of chemical warfare.

As an example perhaps a Rainbow Six style anti terror scenario involving a chemical attack on a major town in Tanoa, searching warehouses, looking for evidence, making arrests, flashbangs and less-than-lethal options, HAZMAT suits, decontamination, taking down terror cells, you get the idea. Perhaps add a sort of detective meta game, in which you have to manually analyze the pieces of evidence to unlock the next mission or some side missions inside a larger mission. Something akin to the mission in Operation Arrowhead where you had to look for a defuse code for a bomb but on a larger scale.