DnA

Contact Expansion Feedback

hi all, i can only find 3 small alien drones, not the large ones. look in the picture and you can see in the extraterestrial there only 3 drones. Or i am doing something wrong.. i am looking in the wrong section for the large alien entities.

RX5z2H9.jpg

Big drone/mothership/alien entity is somewhere in the empty/objects category. It's yuuge.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Suggestion: I would love to see another country being added in the future, a country that would be major if BI have plans for another campaign to Contact.

As for the aliens, it would be cool to have the current (or new) aliens to be aggressive. The country that i think would fit a new alien campaign would be Belgium (called Walldersland, a mix between Flanders and Wallonia to make it fair). Why? Because Walldersland lies between two major countries that is one of the most technologically advanced, England and Germany. The aliens would land in Walldersland and work their way to England and Germany to take the technology that they need. (Why would they take technology when they managed to get to earth with their own tech?) because earth would work as a power station for the aliens, as they would continue trough our galaxy they would need some power to be able to continue. The aliens will also abduct people and animals for experiments and plants for research. NATO will join the fight with the Wallders while the country's police move as many civilians away from the aliens while closing the borders to prevent more people to be endangered. There would also be a mission where you take the fight to the aliens, you board their mothership.

12 minutes ago, krzychuzokecia said:

Big drone/mothership/alien entity is somewhere in the empty/objects category. It's yuuge.

you sir, deserve a cookie.

eEmxxve.jpg

oMf0rzp.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, wika_woo said:

you sir, deserve a cookie.

oMf0rzp.jpg

i'm wondering this beauty in a endgame PVP so cool

• Like 1

When will modders be able to access the files needed to retexture Contact assets?

I'm kind of new to Arma 3.  I've almost made it through the first campaign.  It's not a perfect game.  It has it's problems.  Most notably with scripting or however this engine handles scripted events, which causes me much pain and aggravation.  Many times I've had to reload saved games due to something not happening that's supposed to happen and didn't due to a glitch or whatever.

I'm pissed off.  This is a really cool DLC.  I got to the part in Anomalous Phenomenon at the WW2 bunker.  I drove up in a camo pickup truck with a cap on the bed.  The Alien thing is hovering around the bunker erratically, looks like three different places it moves to in a circle right at tree top level above the bunker.  I could only drive the truck to just before the intersection in the dirt road as the alien shoots blue stuff at me and disables the truck.  The truck engine will not turn on.  The lights and beacons will turn on.  After an HOUR of screwing around with the electronic scanner and flashing the truck lights I gave up.  This is all the while the Alien is sending out some kind of pulse every three seconds which stops me dead in my tracks, zaps all my stamina and stops any transmission from the electronic thing.  Then I get on the interwebs and WOW LO AND BEHOLD !!!  Everyone else made it through there just fine.  Wow.  That's great.  Let's load up a previous saved game.  Oh...  I CAN'T...  The Danger Zones over lap and take over saved games.  Only option left was to find out what "restart mission" does.  WOW.  

I can't believe Bohemia still hasn't fixed bugs like this.  I can't believe the players aren't breaking down their doors with torches and pitchforks for letting this crap go on for so long.  

I'm playing on Arma 3 and Contact, ONLY.  I have no other DLC, expansions, mods or add-ons.  NOTHING, just plain vanilla Arma 3 and Contact DLC.  On Steam.

Bohemia, I've checked the box below to be notified of replies.  YOU tell me when you have it fixed and I'll give it another try.  Fix your $#!^

EDIT:

After letting this sit for several days I decided to go back and try it again.  After and while watching "let's play" videos of this part being accomplished.  After TWO HOURS of replaying Anomalous Phenomenon to get back to where I was when the "glitch" or whatever happened, it worked for me this time.  I didn't record anything.  I have no idea if it's due to I transmitted the right thing to the right frequency or what.  I also know I got shot at on foot a LOT.  I dropped my rifle and it stopped shooting at me.  I'm past this aggravating point and moving on.

Edited by Magnum76
UPDATE
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Does anyone know how to get past the part where you have to communicate with the mothership near the radio tower. I'm stuck on it. Anyone have any tips/ know how to do it? I know about the weaker signal things that you have to play sound at but I can't find the pattern. Any help would be great.

Also replying to Magnum76, you have to move away from the pulses until it does not affect your scanner/stamina. You then have to use your scroll wheel on your mouse to find weaker signals, all you have to do then is select a sound using the F key on your scanner (any sound is fine but i used the drone hack sound) then you have to play it at the alien and a new signal will pop up (hopefully). Now all you have to do is search for the new signal and do the same thing before. Hope this helps 

Ok never mind im a fucking idiot and i was trying to communicate with the wrong alien

Edited by doggo132
forgot to add something
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

selecting the signal is still fucked up.

it works 1 time out of 100.

using left click of the misc, and the only function of left click assign is to fire the weapon.

maybe doing something wrong?

on the walthrough on YT, people don't seem to have this problem.

Advanced issues found

2 hours ago, Magnum76 said:

I'm kind of new to Arma 3.  I've almost made it through the first campaign.  It's not a perfect game.  It has it's problems.  Most notably with scripting or however this engine handles scripted events, which causes me much pain and aggravation.  Many times I've had to reload saved games due to something not happening that's supposed to happen and didn't due to a glitch or whatever.

I'm pissed off.  This is a really cool DLC.  I got to the part in Anomalous Phenomenon at the WW2 bunker.  I drove up in a camo pickup truck with a cap on the bed.  The Alien thing is hovering around the bunker erratically, looks like three different places it moves to in a circle right at tree top level above the bunker.  I could only drive the truck to just before the intersection in the dirt road as the alien shoots blue stuff at me and disables the truck.  The truck engine will not turn on.  The lights and beacons will turn on.  After an HOUR of screwing around with the electronic scanner and flashing the truck lights I gave up.  This is all the while the Alien is sending out some kind of pulse every three seconds which stops me dead in my tracks, zaps all my stamina and stops any transmission from the electronic thing.  Then I get on the interwebs and WOW LO AND BEHOLD !!!  Everyone else made it through there just fine.  Wow.  That's great.  Let's load up a previous saved game.  Oh...  I CAN'T...  The Danger Zones over lap and take over saved games.  Only option left was to find out what "restart mission" does.  WOW.  

I can't believe Bohemia still hasn't fixed bugs like this.  I can't believe the players aren't breaking down their doors with torches and pitchforks for letting this crap go on for so long.  

I'm playing on Arma 3 and Contact, ONLY.  I have no other DLC, expansions, mods or add-ons.  NOTHING, just plain vanilla Arma 3 and Contact DLC.  On Steam.

Bohemia, I've checked the box below to be notified of replies.  YOU tell me when you have it fixed and I'll give it another try.  Fix your $#!^

e

• Confused 1

It seems that a significant part of these extraterrestrial entities are appointed by BI, or even  already BI devs.

I wish that the drones could be hacked,tracked and jammed with out needing to be put with a module (i have no idea how to use the antenna module)    

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zukov said:

i'm wondering this beauty in a endgame PVP so cool

alien asset is not available to play in mp or pvp .its like u buy a supersport car but u can use it only on race track alone.

11 hours ago, doggo132 said:

Does anyone know how to get past the part where you have to communicate with the mothership near the radio tower. I'm stuck on it. Anyone have any tips/ know how to do it? I know about the weaker signal things that you have to play sound at but I can't find the pattern. Any help would be great.

Also replying to Magnum76, you have to move away from the pulses until it does not affect your scanner/stamina. You then have to use your scroll wheel on your mouse to find weaker signals, all you have to do then is select a sound using the F key on your scanner (any sound is fine but i used the drone hack sound) then you have to play it at the alien and a new signal will pop up (hopefully). Now all you have to do is search for the new signal and do the same thing before. Hope this helps 

Ok never mind im a fucking idiot and i was trying to communicate with the wrong alien

So you did find a solution for communicating with alien mothership when you are at the radio tower? Seems to me there is only the mothership and you supose to interact with them (it is giving those circles).

@BI, this is a part that does not work; it seems not logical to find a patern to communicate with the aliens at this point, or it is bugged. Anyway, seems players get stuck here, with no alternative to go on with the campaign. Please make this part a bit easier. Have been standing like a fool communicating with the aliens for like 20 minutes before I got sick of it.

Beside that, I like the dlc a lot. Plays great and looks great. Love the story.

It really hurts to read some of the braindead comments and reviews especially on Steam ( not only)...when this dlc was announcd many people went bohoooo it has no soviet tanks and no taliban...this is not Arma...now people go...bohoooo I can not shoot aliens in the face...why is this not like Battlefield Los Angeles or Indepencence Day. For fuck sake why are people so simple minded !? This really is about how it could be and the devs in charge did an outstanding job showing this using a mix out of Arma 3 lore combined with a portion of our current political situation and classical sci fi elements.

This is not about evil high tech lizzards attacking earth but about how we would react as human race if aliens would not just simple attack us, which would most likely unify all nations. This is about us fuck things up as always....I really like the way how the Amsterdam guys are telling stories that go beyond shooting everything and everyone in the face but instead give something to think about even when not playing the game....I also really enjoy the great amount of Arma 3 lore which frightening comes more and more closer to reality (or vice versa)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

another thing, why cant i load other maps in play contact, it only shows vanilla maps... for the editor.

Just now, wika_woo said:

another thing, why cant i load other maps in play contact, it only shows vanilla maps... for the editor.

Because play First Contact without MODs is highly recommended.

41 minutes ago, Julien Patacchini said:

Hey everyone , Sorry for bad english , i have one question , i work in new campaign and i need to know where is for edit new Brefing , and new Note in Contact dlc please . I not found module or other system .

We will have to wait for documentation to be released with 1.96 update probably.

1 minute ago, Glow said:

We will have to wait for documentation to be released with 1.96 update probably.

Ok thx sir , this sytem is realy cool for futur edition of mission . Wait and see for new information . 

Ok, I'm gonna say this: this is the worst DLC so far in terms of content and the overall EA-style of nickle&diming people. For example: You just recycled the existing offroad truck, added some attachments which don't do anything, and put it behind a paywall. %90 of the Livonian buildings are just ported from A2. There are no alien ground forces to fight, just floating ships that don't do anything and move around using scripts. Half of the LDF is just retextured AAF assets. Same goes for NATO. 

Huge disappointment imho. Apex was amazing. Tanks and Marksmen and Jets were great. This feels like a gimmick.

A note about soudn issues, I post it here because it came eith Contact soudn changes. Firefigths with lots of the new sounding weapons (MX, PRomet) now alsways have notocably crackign sounds from the recording, not bullet cracks, but cracking noise at the end of the wepon soudn loop.  Also it sounds liek tthe MXSW fires slower in alternate optics mode.

On 7/26/2019 at 10:34 AM, HazJ said:

This must of slipped past QA/Testing... Understandable as I could only reproduce once. 😋

https://i.imgur.com/uS6f6vn.jpg

Been using custom FOV for well over a year. This doesn't look right...

(POSSIBLE SPOILER: from Contact campaign)

https://i.imgur.com/a1T76zE.jpg

I see you have the large hint on the screen in your image. How do you get that? I've seen it in videos too, but when I play, the help *never* comes up, the H key does nothing, I don't see a setting for it. I feel like I'm playing this campaign half blind.

3 minutes ago, AZCoder said:
On 7/26/2019 at 11:34 AM, HazJ said:

This must of slipped past QA/Testing... Understandable as I could only reproduce once. 😋

https://i.imgur.com/uS6f6vn.jpg

Been using custom FOV for well over a year. This doesn't look right...

(POSSIBLE SPOILER: from Contact campaign)

https://i.imgur.com/a1T76zE.jpg

I see you have the large hint on the screen in your image. How do you get that? I've seen it in videos too, but when I play, the help *never* comes up, the H key does nothing, I don't see a setting for it. I feel like I'm playing this campaign half blind.

try reinstalling arma of just contact it will get rid of all the bugy stuff