Be patient man...  :icon_cool:

Well i cant start the second mission

Edited by Dedmen
Removed allcaps. Rule 12

Clicked "Play Contact"

No mods

Select Contact campaign 1st mission

Game starts at Laws of War campaign mission 1

every time I start the contact campaign by clicking the "PLAY CONTACT" button.  I get the following error

Addon 'A3_Data_F_Contact_Loadorder' requires addon .A3_Language_F_Contact

Any Ideas?  I am playing on the Dev branch (If that makes a difference) No Mods loaded.

I am also getting lots of boxes popping up in game with code in them.

SD

2 minutes ago, soupdragon said:

every time I start the contact campaign by clicking the "PLAY CONTACT" button.  I get the following error

Any Ideas?  I am playing on the Dev branch (If that makes a difference) No Mods loaded.

same

5 minutes ago, arthrfortune said:

same

8 minutes ago, soupdragon said:

SD

Perhaps try without the Dev Branch

1 minute ago, R0adki11 said:

Perhaps try without the Dev Branch

doesnot work at all i have no mods but the game does not start so now im reinstalling

Only half way through the campaign - 

Spoiler

I haven't fired a single live round yet 

- and I'm loving it

Really like the

Spoiler

Hand drawn map, the new UI map elements, the story, the characters and dialogue. 

Congrats to the team - take the weekend off and enjoy the heatwave! you deserve it! 😘

Oddly I have some screen flickering when playing as a character in the Eden editor on Livonia. - EMP? related?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Full disclosure, played about twenty minutes into the campaign and laid a bunch of stuff out in the editor....

I love it! Not to sound like a fanboy but the quality of the terrain and the assets is incredible. Sure ppl will say the work was done in DayZ but the original assets rock as well.

The little time in the campaign shows me BI is trying to make this a little different and it’s refreshing. @seacaptainjim Gave some great examples.

Nicely done BI!!

Promising but boring for 2 reasons:

- if you don't speak English fluently, there is no way to understand the scenario. I just try to guess it.

- There are too much problems for completing the objectives; 1st mission I spent an hour to find a "layby" (never mind if you understand), only place without marker on side of the road. 2nd mission, I can laser sample the alien vessel or orange artefact, but nothing happens. So???

It's just absolutely boring to spend so much time for poor, non-sexy objective. Aiming the game's durability by repetitive or obscure objectives is not fair.

Task Framework

Is it possible that the automatic translation in the task framework has stopped working since the update?

My tasks are not translated anymore. I'm only see the placeholders in the new map view.

And their is no description and no diary, etc in the map (left side). And I have no task icons anymore.

STR_iV_TaskTitle_Decontamination

C98E8B99EB12D094D6F0AA80B48E822D970522E7

1 hour ago, pierremgi said:

Promising but boring for 2 reasons:

- if you don't speak English fluently, there is no way to understand the scenario. I just try to guess it.

- There are too much problems for completing the objectives; 1st mission I spent an hour to find a "layby" (never mind if you understand), only place without marker on side of the road. 2nd mission, I can laser sample the alien vessel or orange artefact, but nothing happens. So???

It's just absolutely boring to spend so much time for poor, non-sexy objective. Aiming the game's durability by repetitive or obscure objectives is not fair.

I had the same issue. For me the voices and radio was too quiet, so I turned down effect and music quite a lot. Often some abbreviations where used which I can't even guess (That's the case in Apex Protocol, too). I had the same issue with layby. 

I think what would help is, if conversations were logged somewhere so we could either listen to them again, or read them.

• Like 1

Task Framework

Tested without Mods. Same issue.

Using the follow code:

Spoiler

// CREATE PARENT TASK
[

["IDAP"],
    west,
    ["", "IDAP", "My_Marker"],
    objNull,
    "CREATED",
    false,
    true,
    "",
    false

] call BIS_fnc_setTask;

// CREATE CHILD TASK
[

["TaskID", "IDAP"],
    west,
    ["STR_iV_TaskDesc_Decontamination", "STR_iV_TaskTitle_Decontamination", "My_Marker"],
    getMarkerPos "My_Marker",
    "CREATED",
    false,
    true,
    "danger",
    false

] call BIS_fnc_setTask;

But if I use localize. It works but I have no Task icon on the map.

Spoiler

// CREATE PARENT TASK
[

["IDAP"],
    west,
    ["", "IDAP", "My_Marker"],
    objNull,
    "CREATED",
    false,
    true,
    "",
    false

] call BIS_fnc_setTask;

// CREATE CHILD TASK
[

["TaskID", "IDAP"],
    west,
    [localize "STR_iV_TaskDesc_Decontamination", localize "STR_iV_TaskTitle_Decontamination", "My_Marker"],
    getMarkerPos "My_Marker",
    "CREATED",
    false,
    true,
    "danger",
    false

] call BIS_fnc_setTask;

• Like 1

Got a problem in mission 2 "going dark":

Spoiler

when gotta deceive the soldiers, I can use my emspec device and hold to see the audio, but can't select one.

Everytime I try to select something (other, HQ, squad / noise, smetana) it doesn't work.

Any help ?

24 minutes ago, Wiki said:

Got a problem in mission 2 "going dark":

Hide contents

when gotta deceive the soldiers, I can use my emspec device and hold to see the audio, but can't select one.

Everytime I try to select something (other, HQ, squad / noise, smetana) it doesn't work.

Any help ?

Yes you can spend hours here also.

Spoiler

You need to catch the squad letter, make noise with music (I don't understand why), call the correct squad and make it move east. It's a kind of mix between instrument setting and linear scenario opening the possibilities, but without understandable explanation (except perhaps, if you're English skilled).

1 minute ago, pierremgi said:

Yes you can spend hours here also.

Hide contents

You need to catch the squad letter, make noise with music (I don't understand why), call the correct squad and make it move east. It's a kind of mix between instrument setting and linear scenario opening the possibilities, but without understandable explanation (except perhaps, if you're English skilled).

No

Spoiler

You need to play music first, in order to get the squad letter. then, you can call and distract them.

Pb is, I can't play the music.

Spoiler

Did you select the music (the strip over the noice one) and press the fire button for all the duration?

4 minutes ago, pierremgi said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Did you select the music (the strip over the noice one) and press the fire button for all the duration?

The pb is as soon as I click on it, it disappear.

I can't even keep pressing it.

Ok, so I manged to do it but it barely works.

Seems very random, doesn't work everytime I click

4 minutes ago, Wiki said:

Ok, so I manged to do it but it barely works.

Seems very random, doesn't work everytime I click

Now progress. If you have any clue how to complete the alien laser sampling (I succeed in but nothing happens after that. It's boring!)

4 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Now progress. If you have any clue how to complete the alien laser sampling (I succeed in but nothing happens after that. It's boring!)

Not quite so much progress...

When I call them, can't give the order after that so it's stuck...

So I managed to pass it, but still it's very random 😞