DnA

Contact Expansion Feedback

please BI, someone can explain how works the radio Backpack?

3 hours ago, zukov said:

please BI, someone can explain how works the radio Backpack?

It doesn't its just for campaign but community will take care of it no worries 

6 hours ago, XOSPECTRE said:

It doesn't its just for campaign but community will take care of it no worries 

if so, what the sense to add it in different camo?

21 minutes ago, zukov said:

if so, what the sense to add it in different camo?

Well, like XOSPECTRE said, it's an act of convenience for mission makers. I don't know if it's being used in the campaign or not though.

Will the CTRG Stealth gear get MTP and woodland camo with this dlc since NATO will be in Livonia?

ET contact sounds like something Captain Miller would be all over with his CTRG team.

• Like 2

Such an event would surely cause sides to bring in the big guns/ high level assests, aeriel recon, and air cover.

Such elements are also part of military exercises,which is what they are doing before the Ayyylmaos show up.

Reskins for current tanks are fine, helos too mostly (would be great to have a non stealth Blackfoot with efams)

A black wasp wouldn't fit so well here (bc its carrier based), but an f-35 would be perfect... 

If this DLC included an F-35, it would close the sale with me.

Are the Livonian map assets will be available to map creators? Just found out they are *.ebo-s and mikero tools can do nothing with them.

6 hours ago, dead kennedy said:

Are the Livonian map assets will be available to map creators? Just found out they are *.ebo-s and mikero tools can do nothing with them.

so far,  Bi said that become .pbo after 25 july, i guess after the sales

• Like 1

@zukov can you please stay on topic in this thread, several of your recent posts have been removed due to been off topic. If you wish to give suggestions on things to include please use the correct thread:

I am curious about the canonical status of this DLC.

Is it fully canon (I hope not), with all arma titles set beyond this in an armaverse with aliens?

Is it like Arma 2's eagle wing/the ending of arma3 where you help Miller, and non-canonical?

Is it a spin-off and 2 timelines plan to be maintained, one with ayylmaos, and one without?

17 minutes ago, Ex3B said:

Is it a spin-off and 2 timelines plan to be maintained, one with ayylmaos, and one without?

"Spin-off" is exactly how it's described on the Contact web page

https://arma3.com/contact

We sometimes refer to Arma 3 Contact as a 'spin-off' because of it being a light Total Conversion, and its singleplayer campaign takes place in an alternate future/branch of the Armaverse – a 'what if' scenario that should be considered as a side-step from the otherwise more conventional Arma military sandbox experience and Arma brand as a whole.

15 hours ago, Ex3B said:

I am curious about the canonical status of this DLC.

Is it fully canon (I hope not), with all arma titles set beyond this in an armaverse with aliens?

Is it like Arma 2's eagle wing/the ending of arma3 where you help Miller, and non-canonical?

Contact (Platform) aka f_enoch is fully canon, while Contact aka f_contact itself is non-canon.

Which means, those contents from the Expansion are canon Armaverse:

• Livonia and Nadbór region, and the map Livonia
  • LDF and Spetz
  • Weapons, vehicles and any other assets
  • Military Exercise between NATO and Livonia
  • Any other things that added to the Development Branch right now

And aren't:

• Those guys who came to Earth in a silver chrome U.F.O, to probe your ass and see how deep it can go lmao

AFAIK.

18 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

"Spin-off" is exactly how it's described on the Contact web page

https://arma3.com/contact

We sometimes refer to Arma 3 Contact as a 'spin-off' because of it being a light Total Conversion, and its singleplayer campaign takes place in an alternate future/branch of the Armaverse – a 'what if' scenario that should be considered as a side-step from the otherwise more conventional Arma military sandbox experience and Arma brand as a whole.

Yes, but spinoff is a bit vague, so I added some qualifiers.

Spin-off TV shows are often canon, and sometimes cross back over with each other, spin-off means that the story takes a different focus, not that its non- canon.

"Alternate future/branch" can apply to the non-cannon ending of Arma 3, and Arma 2's eagle wing campaign, and arma 2's altenrate endings. These branches were dropped and aren't maintained. I had basically asked if they planned to maintain 2 timelines, or if this would be a single deviation from the main story that is never addressed again.

Calling it a "side step from the otherwise more conventional Arma military sandbox experience" and what-if scenario doesn't really address the question either. It can be a side-step and cannon.

Ie they can have aliens come, some skirmish happens, the aliens depart and arma returns to the more conventional military sandbox experience again.

Calling it an alternate future is also not very explicit, as the armaverse itself started with alternate history, and is now an alternate future. So is it an alternate future to the armaverse (itself an alternate future)? Its a branch of the armaverse (but that doesn't mean non-cannon, you could call Apex a branch of the East wind story), but The syntax is a bit imbiguous with the /

3 hours ago, POLPOX said:

And aren't:

• Those guys who came to Earth in a silver chrome U.F.O, to probe your ass and see how deep it can go lmao

AFAIK.

Thanks for your answer... most of it... that last part, is that intended to be an insult? toshow your distaste for calling the Aliens Ayy lmaos? or just joining in on the fun of lightly mocking aliens in the armaverse?

Just to be clear, I'm fine with a non-canoncial "what if" scenario with aliens in Arma, it should be fun. I'm also fine with a "what if" scenario with zombies in arma... but from what I've seen in the dayZ mod, arma doesn't handle zombies all that well. DayZs success was the survival and PvP gameplay, and not really the clunky zombie mechanics, as far as I can tell.

11 minutes ago, Ex3B said:

Thanks for your answer... most of it... that last part, is that intended to be an insult? toshow your distaste for calling the Aliens Ayy lmaos? or just joining in on the fun of lightly mocking aliens in the armaverse?

It's a meme.

I'm aware that its a meme (predating that video), but that doesn't clarify the intent of his statement. I called them Ayy lmaos in the post he's responding to: some people want aliens, others deride them (calling them Ayy Lmaos could be considered derision, but I'm actually not against them, as long as they stay non-cannon). Was he insulting me because he didn't like the derision, or just joining in on the derision of the aliens in arma with that meme? ... without other queues, intent can be lost on t3h interwebs.

He clearfies. You've no reason to be insulted at all.

Spin-off means exactly what it means, a spin-off. It can be later accepted to be a canon lore. Otherwise, in general, spin-off isn't exactly considered canon to the main flow of things. The very nature of spin-off is meant to be a deviation from the main course. Since BI indicated that it is a spin-off, the events of Contact are happening in 'alternate armaverse' rather than 'real' armaverse until changed in the future.

having the 6b43 at some point would be cool, and can be the usual 3 different types, the light version without any of the Arm and Throat protection, Medium with the Throat protection, and finally the heavy with everything
armor-6b43-equipment-3D-model_D.jpg

On 5/24/2019 at 3:39 PM, stburr91 said:

I just watched more video of the new terrain, my thoughts.

If you would have shown people this terrain a month ago, without telling them what it was, everybody would have said it was user made, and there's no way this was official content.  

The A2/Dayz buildings look so out of place in Arma 3, they clash so badly with the Arma 3 structures, and some of the new buildings. 

I just can't shake the feeling that this terrain is an Arma 2 port (which in many ways, it is).  

So obviously this isn't feedback to improve this new terrain (it is what it is at this point) but feedback for future projects. That feedback is, do better next time, do much better. If you want us to pay for terrains, make them to A3 standards, with the A3 art style. 

After spending some time on the new terrain, I have to say that it's better then I first thought. In fact I would say overall, it is a decent map.

With that said, I still would have never picked this location for a new terrain, and the terrain itself is without a doubt, a bit parochial.

Would love to see a covered version of the basic helmet, like this Chinese helmet

M88-Military-Pasgt-Helmet-Nij-Iiia-Bulle

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zukov said:

then?

Then the rage of the multiplayer players comes of coutse!