DnA

Contact Expansion Feedback

Greetings Earthlings!

After a long period of radio silence, we’ve finally revealed the next big addition to the game: Arma 3 Contact expansion. Check out its website for an overview of this very diverse package. We hope there’s something for everyone, not just the heavier sci fi aspect, but also more conventional sandbox goodies.

Arma 3 Contact

This thread is the best place to let us know about your general feedback, comments, suggestions, and all that doesn’t fit one of the more specific threads. Concrete bug reports are still welcomed to Feedback Tracker. We know our activity there has been lower, but we do check for bugs, and try to fix those we can. The Contact devs will also be actively checking all channels. Thank you all for the help!

Some additional trivia 💡

• Check out the F.A.Q. for some specific topics!
  • The alien content is in an optionally loaded part of the expansion (via Launcher with PLAY CONTACT - or folder contact). They will not be in the vanilla sandbox, so that stays fairly conventional. The terrain, weapons, vehicles, etc. will be in default Arma 3 data with Content Licensing applied (folder enoch).
  • Like 14
  • Sad 2

I'm wondering If some or many of the terrain buildings are new, and if they're enterable

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, danny96 said:

I'm wondering If some or many of the terrain buildings are new, and if they're enterable

I hope.

Interesting

...and quite ironic since many complained that ARMA3 was too futuristic when it came out 😄

• Like 4

Love it!! This is why i love the ARMA games because what ever your in the mood for ARMA has it. whether it be Modern combat, WW2, Aliens, ect ARMA has it. Im excited to see this DLC. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DnA said:

Greetings Earthlings!

After a long period of radio silence, we’ve finally revealed the next big addition to the game: Arma 3 Contact expansion. Check out its website for an overview of this very diverse package. We hope there’s something for everyone, not just the heavier sci fi aspect, but also more conventional sandbox goodies.

contact_preorder.png

This thread is the best place to let us know about your general feedback, comments, suggestions, and all that doesn’t fit one of the more specific threads. Concrete bug reports are still welcomed to Feedback Tracker. We know our activity there has been lower, but we do check for bugs, and try to fix those we can. The Contact devs will also be actively checking all channels. Thank you all for the help!

DnA, Amsterdam, BI, "Laws of War", "Contact" - you are the Best!!!

Keep it up!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Really like what I've seen so far. The assets open up new opportunities for interesting missions. I hope that the campaign can convey the atmosphere the trailer already previewed.

• Like 1

Hang on... they just put Tisy's Radar from DayZ in ARMA3? Can we do the same please?

7 minutes ago, Grahame said:

Hang on... they just put Tisy's Radar from DayZ in ARMA3? Can we do the same please?

since it's in the game files now it should be possible. i think i will buy and test ("tomorrow"= after i wake up again)

and it's not only the radar. i see some more chernarus+ structures on the screenshots.

• Like 1

LOL... Cool. Now I don't have to use the 0.61 ones 😉

Yep, see the small yellow police station...

So, hey, we have all these new assets that we have forbidden you to use for five years and now we're gonna charge you 30 dollars to use them in ARMA3, more than it cost you to buy DayZ.. 🤦‍♂️

As it's a place for suggestions, at the very least Bohemia Interactive should gift haleks the Contact Expansion, I mean you've more or less plagiarized the guy....

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Grahame said:

Can we do the same please?

Porting DayZ assets is still not allowed. But ofc you can use objects that ship with the Arma base game.

Now I don't have to use the 0.61 ones

Do I need to remind you that porting DayZ assets to Arma is not permitted?

now we're gonna charge you 30 dollars to use them in ARMA3

They are all free.

• Like 4

When I saw the announcement of "Contact" DLC I was really excited. Aliens mean new cool toys to play with, very likely to be used in my projects, superb.  In that mood I started to watch the trailer and then I saw that warning plate with Polish text. At this point my excitement rapidly spiked up. 🙂 

So I went to read exact features list and after that reading from "nice to have" this DLC immediately was promoted to "absolute must have". Green Men in Poland! Once I get opportunity to try it, more feedback is very likely... So cool, thank you for doing this. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, HaseDesTodes said:

since it's in the game files now it should be possible. i think i will buy and test ("tomorrow"= after i wake up again)

and it's not only the radar. i see some more chernarus+ structures on the screenshots.

I just had a quick fly around and all the houses an buildings I saw are from Chernarus+.

It's a very welcoming addition to use these assets in Arma 3. The map is definitely one of the nicest so far.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DnA said:

Привет земляне!

После долгого периода молчания по радио мы наконец-то представили следующее большое дополнение к игре: расширение Arma 3 Contact . Проверьте его веб-сайт для обзора этого очень разнообразного пакета. Мы надеемся, что найдется что-то для всех, не только более тяжелый научно-фантастический аспект, но также и более традиционные вкусности песочницы

contact_preorder.png

Эта тема - лучшее место, чтобы сообщить нам о ваших общих отзывах, комментариях, предложениях и обо всем, что не соответствует ни одной из более конкретных тем. Конкретные сообщения об ошибках все еще приветствуются в Feedback Tracker . Мы знаем, что наша активность там была ниже, но мы проверяем ошибки и пытаемся исправить те, которые можем. Разработчики Contact также будут активно проверять все каналы. Спасибо всем за помощь!

Wow!!!

Seems to me - Someone read my mind and created this content! As soon as Arma3 came out (2013), I dreamed about specific Arma3 campaign with alien shipwreck and about fighting several factions for alien artifacts! 

I hope that in Arma3; Contact we will see something like that! 

Due to the fact that this is official content, this looks like a very big surprise for the whole Arma community!

Thanks!

12 hours ago, danny96 said:

It's a mix of brand-new objects / structures (for example natural objects, ruined villages, bunkers, etc.) and those from other Bohemia terrains (often with quite a bit of work done to them to make them A3-compatible, or to add Polish texts for example). Quite a few should be enterable.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EO said:

As it's a place for suggestions, at the very least Bohemia Interactive should gift haleks the Contact Expansion, I mean you've more or less plagiarized the guy....

I sure wouldn't mind being gifted this new DLC but, to be fair, I didn't come up first with the UFO idea : it's what Arma3 would have been about from day 1 if things went differently during early development.

If, with "Contact", along with many other sci-fi themed content created by the community, I contributed to demonstrate there is an appetite for that kind of stuff, then I can consider myself happy.

That being said, I would love to hear more about the decision process behind the new DLC : when did develoment start, was BIS aware or encouraged by content such as "Contact" etc...

• Like 4

Definitely loving the new stuff that's coming in, and I am loving the new terrain on dev branch, I kinda wish there was completly new marksmen rifles for the Spetznatz, maybe a fictional AK Marksmen variant or SVDK for Spetznatz, it would really round out the infantry arsenal for Russians

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, General Kong said:

Definitely loving the new stuff that's coming in, and I am loving the new terrain on dev branch, I kinda wish there was completly new marksmen rifles for the Spetznatz, maybe a fictional AK Marksmen variant or SVDK for Spetznatz, it would really round out the infantry arsenal for Russians

Rahim works well enough, or VS-121 in real life. IIRC it was going to replace the SVD until it didn't (some time after Arma 3 added it in Survive).

Uhhh

May i ask to make faction neutrual variant of rahim?

The rifle is too limited by CSAT faction, while it can be nicely  authentic with ru sf

Spoiler

SOEULuV.jpg

58 minutes ago, haleks said:

That being said, I would love to hear more about the decision process behind the new DLC

We're planning an OPREP or 2 to dive into this for sure. For me personally, I've wanted to do something with the premise since many years, and many Armas ... and now finally we got the chance, owing to Arma 3's longevity and Real Virtuality's flexibility 👽

• Like 4

I am very curious about this DLC,  I love that we got the new livonian defense forces which look amazing and have an awesome camo pattern and new voices. 

That look very interesting! It gives the new universe a bit more needed character. I can´t wait to try it out!