Sign in to follow this  
Zakuaz

No Engine sounds from vehicles

I uninstalled JSRS about a week ago. I love his mod but let me cut to the chase... 
I was cutting out all the mods besides CBA, TPW and RAVAGE just to troubleshoot some performance issues.
I decided I'd stick with a thin mod list for a bit and played a LOT for the past week, made new missions and so on with just TPW and RAVAGE, was running great! No JSRS, even played a few total vanilla missions with no mods... no problems.

Then today I updated TPW Mods and updated Ravage.
I loaded into the game and jumped into a mission I had made yesterday ( a week AFTER uninstalling JSRS) and some JSRS "distant sound attenuation" error pops up and none of my ground vehicles ( well the ones I checked) make any engine noise.

So I uninstalled every mod and did a verify files on the game...loaded it up pure vanilla and still an issue. Tried the JSRS dependency fix, still no engine sounds.

I uninstalled ARMA 3 and deleted what was left in the steam...common, arma 3 folder and that folder itself. I then moved the Steam games directory to my M.2 drive and downloaded/ reinstalled ARMA 3 there.

Fresh new install, fire it up  and some friggin how the game still errors on a JSRS distant sound attenuation thing... slightly frustrated lol

HALP hahah

"No entry'bin\config.bin/CfgDistanceFilter.jsrs_vehicle_interior_attenuation_filter'."

UPDATE:  TPW Mufflers was the culprit... well I was the culprit for not paying attention and being systematic in my process of elimination haha

Edited by Zakuaz
Found it!
  • Like 1

Sorry, again

• Like 1

Yikes, haha you dont need to say sorry for a thing! 

If I had stuck to my path and tried each mod, I'd of not spun myself around in assumption.

My tiny amount of troubleshooting time pales in comparison to the amount of hard work you do for this community... hell I felt bad for even finding out what it was lol.

You jumped on it, fixed it asap and had a work around on the spot so cheers to you dude!