private _cardir = getDir _car;
private _delta = [getDir _frontcar, _cardir] call BIS_fnc_getAngleDelta; //180º-0ºR -180º-0ºL

if (abs _delta > 150) exitWith{ //oncoming traffic at < 30º rotation
	//they're coming towards us
};

private _reldir = (_carfrontpos getDir _frontcar) - _cardir;
private _heading = [abs _reldir, 360 - (abs _reldir)] select (abs _reldir > 180);
if ((_heading + abs _delta) % 360 < 90 ) then{ //Facing both left and right
	//we're behind them
};

I'm sure it can be done in other/better ways but that's what it is right now.

You gotta debug those values to be sure they work for you.

I built most of the script placing a car with Zeus in front of my debug car and reading the output until it worked, moving and rotating it around with the mouse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/23/2020 at 3:51 PM, RCA3 said:

private _cardir = getDir _car;
private _delta = [getDir _frontcar, _cardir] call BIS_fnc_getAngleDelta; //180º-0ºR -180º-0ºL

if (abs _delta > 150) exitWith{ //oncoming traffic at < 30º rotation
	//they're coming towards us
};

private _reldir = (_carfrontpos getDir _frontcar) - _cardir;
private _heading = [abs _reldir, 360 - (abs _reldir)] select (abs _reldir > 180);
if ((_heading + abs _delta) % 360 < 90 ) then{ //Facing both left and right
	//we're behind them
};

I'm sure it can be done in other/better ways but that's what's it is right now.

You gotta debug those values to be sure they work for you.

I built most of the script placing a car with Zeus in front of my debug car and reading the output until it worked, moving and rotating it around with the mouse.

Thank you for sharing! 

This is another way of finding who is in front and who is behind but will not check the dir. Still useful:

vAiDriving_isInFrontFnc = {
	params ["_vehicle", "_nearVehicle"];
	private _inFrontArc= false;
	_inFrontArc=[getPosATL _vehicle,(getDir _vehicle)-0,90,getPosATL _nearVehicle]call BIS_fnc_inAngleSector;
	_inFrontArc
};

vAiDriving_isBehindFnc = {
	params ["_vehicle", "_nearVehicle"];
	private _inBehindArc = false;
	_inBehindArc=[getPosATL _vehicle,(getDir _vehicle)-180,90,getPosATL _nearVehicle]call BIS_fnc_inAngleSector;
	_inBehindArc
};

• Like 1

Changelog:

v2.6.5 - Fixed: Addon and script versions were initializing twice per vehicle! (Init EH and GetIn EH). Sorry about that. Script version also changed initPlayerLocal.sqf.

Added: "Motorcycle" class to addon version.

Added: CUP patch for some APC's not initializing on addon version ("CUP_LAV25_Base","CUP_BTR80_Base","CUP_BTR80A_Base","CUP_BTR90_Base","CUP_AAV_Base").

• Like 3

Hi ^ ^
you may want to move aidrivingcontrol_CUP to an optional folder, because am getting error at the start up and RPT error as i dont have Cup in my load ; ) 

• Like 1

Hi @AirShark,

I always have "No Logs" on so I wasn't getting that popup message. Repackaged and updated. Thanks for the heads up!

hello there ^ ^

i have found that your mod sets the fuel in vehicles to 0 when close by units

may i ask to disable it for players vehicle, and an option to disable it because sometimes the Ai disembark when the fuel is off especially with the unarmed vehicles 

however im using Ai mods so i dont know if it is the same case in vanilla .

• Like 1

Hi,

AIDC is only setting fuel 0 on tanks and when men are inside it's bounding box, it's a workaround to forceSpeed 0 not working 100% on tanks. As soon as people leave it's area, the fuel is restored.

If the crew disembarks it might be an mission setting, or an addon, but from my early tests it didn't happen in vanilla.

I'll add a variable you can pass to the vehicles you choose to disable removing the fuel (of tanks), but beware they will not stop as well. In a few days or so.

Cheers.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, RCA3 said:

Hi,

AIDC is only setting fuel 0 on tanks and when men are inside it's bounding box, it's a workaround to forceSpeed 0 not working 100% on tanks. As soon as people leave it's area, the fuel is restored.

If the crew disembarks it might be an mission setting, or an addon, but from my early tests it didn't happen in vanilla.

I'll add a variable you can pass to the vehicles you choose to disable removing the fuel (of tanks), but beware they will not stop as well. In a few days or so.

Cheers.

the only thing that bothers me in addition to mission breaks, is that it happens with the player vehicle as well,  i mean for the ai may be understandable but when i drive the tank and suddenly the fuel set to 0 its just annoying sometimes :))

edit: besides it happens with every iskindof tank, which includes IFVs and some APCs 😛

• Like 1

v.2.6.6 - Added: Ability to move vehicle, after it's fuel was removed, from men approaching vehicle.

Fixed: Script version wasn't initializing for vehicles with crew already in it.

Usage:

• Hold movement keys for (up to) 3 seconds if your vehicle's fuel was removed and you're the commander.

- -

@AirShark,

Thanks again for reporting stuff, AirShark, as I wasn't aware of this problem.

I found a fix which keeps the best of both worlds, you can send your AI by clicking somewhere and they'll be alert, but when you key press command the vehicle the fuel won't be removed anymore will be restored 😁.

edit: i'm using vehicleMoveInfo.

On 12/4/2020 at 10:57 AM, AirShark said:

edit: besides it happens with every iskindof tank, which includes IFVs and some APCs 😛

Tracked only I believe, so they need that workaround too.

Cool, thanks.

Cheers!

• Like 2

On 12/12/2020 at 2:50 AM, 2LT Miller said:

I was wondering if you would put this up on steam workshop at any point? 🙂

Unfortunately, there's a couple of reasons I cannot upload to Steam (and it's not a cracked version of A3 😒). I appreciate the interest though, thank you.

Cheers!

On 12/4/2020 at 5:12 AM, RCA3 said:

Hi,

Cheers.

Hi, RCA3! Thanks for your mod! it does great improvement of dumb vanilla A3 driving AI. very appretiate your work on it!

Is there any chance to get version of your mod with completely disabled "setting_fuel_to_0" workaround? sorry, but it seems, in large scenarios in heavy modded game it doesnt work 100% relyable. and it is better get a one or thwo dead pedestrians than one disabled tank. :) besides, there is Rydygier`s small mod "Liability Insurance" that really helps in such situations. 

maybe, you even could include its code in your mod as it is a kind of "open source".

• Thanks 1

i have found a bug, your mod is conflicting with GM CDLC for some reason, your mod makes their T-55 smoke shells and smoke generator invisible 

edit:

i may take back what i said it seems that maybe im mistaken 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/14/2021 at 3:41 PM, AirShark said:

i have found a bug, your mod is conflicting with GM CDLC for some reason, your mod makes their T-55 smoke shells and smoke generator invisible 

edit:

i may take back what i said it seems that maybe im mistaken 

eventually i wasn't wrong after all, indeed it caused some tanks to shoot invisible smoke screen but its not the only mod that caused the issue. F-18 super hornet beta mod did the same as well so i had hard time finding the source of this issue. may i ask to investigate and see what is causing it ?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AirShark said:

indeed it caused some tanks to shoot invisible smoke screen

Uhh, I don't own GM CDLC 😕. Would like you to report if running GM and AIDC alone breaks the smokes though. Then run only GM and report that too. Thanks.

9 hours ago, RCA3 said:

Uhh, I don't own GM CDLC 😕. Would like you to report if running GM and AIDC alone breaks the smokes though. Then run only GM and report that too. Thanks.

not only GM but other tanks as well, and yes i already tested this more than 6 times, also the vanilla M2A1 slammer and its CSAT and indp counter parts 
i think there are only the rhs tanks that seems to not break because they use their own system maybe.

• Thanks 1

Changelog:

v2.6.7

Fixed: Vehicles' event handlers were overwritten. Smoke launcher, etc. would fail. Thanks to @AirShark.

Added: Optional vehicle variable "AIDCNOFUELREMOVE". It helps tanks bypass close-by infantry. Use on vehicle's init:  this setVariable ["AIDCNOFUELREMOVE", true];

• Like 2

On 12/14/2020 at 7:46 AM, RCA3 said:

Unfortunately, there's a couple of reasons I cannot upload to Steam (and it's not a cracked version of A3 😒). I appreciate the interest though, thank you.

Cheers!

If you're having issues uploading to steam I'm willing to do it for you if you like? It's far easier to set people up with mods to join a server if all they have to do is simply hit the +Subscribe button. Downloading mods through web pages is pretty archaic these days especially with a system as easy as Steam Workshop around.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Phantom Aspect said:

If you're having issues uploading to steam I'm willing to do it for you if you like? It's far easier to set people up with mods to join a server if all they have to do is simply hit the +Subscribe button. Downloading mods through web pages is pretty archaic these days especially with a system as easy as Steam Workshop around.

That's not allowed by Steam Terms of Service and BI Forum Rules, sorry.

4 hours ago, RCA3 said:

That's not allowed by Steam Terms of Service and BI Forum Rules, sorry.

I believe those rules only come into play if you don't have permission to upload from the original author...