7 hours ago, RCA3 said:

@kremator

The entire purpose of the script (pedestrians side) is to stop exactly that.

They should slow down first and stop when men are near (now even at 360º).

You deduct that from the video or you tested it yourself?

If you tested it, beware that speed will always be the enemy of this script, a man running full speed dead on onto a vehicle at full speed will probably result on a kill.

If you say that from the video, all I see is them running over people when they are reversing, and that is beyond my control. ForceSpeed apparently only works forward.

Hey there .. no I was commenting on the vehicle to vehicle collisions.  The peds seems fine from the video.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2019 at 7:53 AM, kremator said:

Hey there .. no I was commenting on the vehicle to vehicle collisions.  The peds seems fine from the video.

Oh you are right, I misread, sorry.

The vehicles collide head on because I found it best to not mess with their speeds once other vehicles are not coming from the side, or are not facing forward. Why? Because AI has to find it's own path and could eventually end up stuck otherwise.

That only happens when there's too much going on though and on straight road oncoming traffic behaves pretty well.

I might take a look at that down the road and try and figure out a way of them not getting stuck but as I said, AI has to find it's path anyway.

PS: I misread because I had been editing vehicle/pedestrian relation only so you caught me by surprise 😛

Edited by RCA3
english
  • Like 1

Sorry about that ... I was just watching the video with interest but the glaring issue was the HEMTT smashing head first into other vehicles.

• Like 1

Changelog:

v2.5.1 - Fixed: Animals were still being evaluated.
                Tweaked: Minimum scan radius reduced from 50m to 25m.
                Tweaked: Minor tweak to "bounding box" search.

Changelog:

v2.5.2 - Tweaked: Oncoming traffic vehicle rotation is now < 30º, more is considered crossing. Gives vehicles more time to cross.
                Tweaked: Followed vehicle's angle and rotation is combined to find following angle. It should reduce number of overtaking occurrences.
                Tweaked: Smoothed slow down/speed up when following vehicles.
                Tweaked: Minor tweak to vehicle versus men speed.
                Tweaked: Scan radius.
                Changed: Passed a few math operations to pre-processor #define.
                Added: Optional vehicle variable "AIDCBBOXWIDTHCOEF" to define "bounding box" width.
                Added: Detection of all three military gates "Land_BarGate_F", "Land_BarGate_01_open_F" and "Land_RoadBarrier_01_F".

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Great work. Will you also distribute this mod on Steam's Workshop?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, domokun said:

Great work. Will you also distribute this mod on Steam's Workshop?

Thank you, i'm glad you're enjoying it!

On 6/7/2019 at 10:29 AM, domokun said:

@RCA3 Thanks for your efforts. Incidentally, any chance you could upload this to Steam's Workshop?

On 6/7/2019 at 8:22 PM, RCA3 said:

You're welcome. No Steam, sorry.

🙂

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jagdgeschwader said:

An amazing example of a modder doing BIs work. Why the AI has been allowed to deteriorate over the years is beyond me.

:slayer:

Does this mod run as servermod?

Will running this mod server side force players to run it client side in order to join my server?

Also what is required to just use the script version?

Thank you.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2019 at 3:12 AM, pazuzu said:

Does this mod run as servermod?

Yes. However, if you are a player on a server (talking dedicated here, not sure other modes) with AI on your group, those AI will be run from the client, therefore the player needs the mod.

Will running this mod server side force players to run it client side in order to join my server?

No.

Also what is required to just use the script version?

Follow INSTALLATION.txt. Locality wise, again, if your player has AI driving, you'll have to execute the script at the client. It executes to every vehicle present at mission start (server or client), and then you need to run it for spawning vehicles. Zeus starts the script automatically, script or mod version.

Thank you.

No problem.

Changelog:
v2.5.3 - Fixed: "Bounding box" loop would not exit for driver disembark, death or vehicle damaged.
                [Warning] Changed: Script version makes use of remoteExec on zeus and optional spawns. Meaning client/server's AI will have controlled driving on non-locally created vehicles (same as in addon version). Read INSTALLATION.txt for new instructions.
                Changed: Renamed functions main class.

• Like 4

Hey guys, if you're using the script version please replace aidrivingcontrol\cfgremoteexec.hpp with this new cfgremoteexec.hpp.

Sorry, I named the wrong function 🙄

Edited by RCA3
Fixed.
  • Thanks 1

@Hi @RCA3

Just wondering what each side considers an obstacle. For instance, do opfor care if they're about to run over blufor? Are there certain rules in place for this?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, anfo said:

@Hi @RCA3

Just wondering what each side considers an obstacle. For instance, do opfor care if they're about to run over blufor? Are there certain rules in place for this?

Hey,

Right now is only isKindOf "Man" and the gates ["Land_BarGate_01_open_F", "Land_BarGate_F", "Land_RoadBarrier_01_F"]. They don't discriminate sides, do you feel the need that they should?

Edit: changed already 🙂 (read changelog). Did you want this btw 😄?

Edited by RCA3

Changelog:

v2.5.4 - Fixed: Script version: wrong function passed to cfgremoteexec.hpp.
                Removed: Script exit on vehicle damage (as long as driver is alive keep running).
                Added: Close gaps to ~20 meters when vehicle ahead is stopped.
                Added: Discriminate between friend or foe pedestrians (i.e. ignore foes).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, RCA3 said:

They don't discriminate sides, do you feel the need that they should?

I suppose it is a moral question. However this is Arma, the opposing sides are in conflict and when a BMP full of AI is barrelling toward you, the last thing they would be thinking about is whether they should stop or swerve to avoid their enemy. 😀

• Like 2

@RCA3

Congratulation mate your did an amazing work, and great progress build after build.

I would like to ask if you can do that when AI disembark after vehicle get hit and it's about to explode that the AI run away from it.

I really hate that they eject the vehicle then they stay near it and talk with each others o it's a nice day today, Greta was wrong see it's cold this winter... and BOOOM the vehicle explode and kill them all...

I know that is not a driving thing but would be so cool if you can address that somehow.

🤙 keep rocking

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, rubberkite said:

@RCA3

Congratulation mate your did an amazing work, and great progress build after build.

🤙 keep rocking

Thanks mate.

7 hours ago, rubberkite said:

I really hate that they eject the vehicle then they stay near it and talk with each others o it's a nice day today, Greta was wrong see it's cold this winter... and BOOOM the vehicle explode and kill them all...

I know that is not a driving thing but would be so cool if you can address that somehow.

I actually like the idea but i'm not sure if that should be hard coded into the script because people might have their own ideas of where/how the driver should move/behave. Let me think about it.

That said it's not hard to write and you could write it for you own particular case using something on the likes of:

addEventHandler

Event_Handlers#GetOut ex: if (damage _vehicle >= 0.8) then{move to new position}.

getPos  ex: _newpos = car getPos [50, (getDir car + 270)]. new position 50 meters to the left of the car. Or use BIS_fnc_findSafePos instead with a ~50  meter radius in case there's no room on the left.

doMove

If you need help PM me, i'll be glad to help you.

Cheers.

• Like 2

Changelog:

v2.5.5 - Fixed: Vehicle would halt/lose formation when too close to group leader.

Added: Bypass pedestrians when on "STEALTH".

Tweaked: Minor optimizations.

Changed: License to APL-SA.

Changed: New key and key name (you may delete RCA3.bikey).

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Is this update working for you guys?

I installed it but the key is not accepted when I try to join server.

Thanks.

22 hours ago, pazuzu said:

I installed it but the key is not accepted when I try to join server.

Hi pazuzu, the key has changed (AIDC.bikey), please verify if you have updated it on your keys folder.

Cheers.