EO

Arma 3 DLC - CONTACT

21 minutes ago, mmm said:

Well RPG could mean a lot of things... Next to "action adventure". Care to elaborate? Is there dialogue wheel now, or you have "stats" and "level"(lol I doubt)?

Or maybe I should just wait for a few days for some gameplay video... It would seem the bulk of their offering is SP campaign this time around and I'm undecided whether it's worth it.

i don't know  but is very different

2u6o0av.jpg

What's the point in giving me the map of Livonia if I can't use it unless I buy the DLC. Surely it could have been part of the DLC then it wouldn't be sitting uselessly on my hard drive eating up disc space.

The first mission from Contact, remind me my first mission I ever played in Arma3 The East Wind camp. It's short and when I played in The East Wind I was completely lost, I die few time before I figure out where I should look for enemy. In Contact I pass this mission with a smile on my face, shooting all and jumping from cover to cover. I know it's just ... ok - no spoilers but super cool feeling. Whoever made this mission - good job and thank you!

I'm in the middle, so will write more when finish. I like it so far. Everything happening so fast.

Some small issues with item placements. Swearing Scottish - more than Pols - hard to believe, it's just immersion braking for me. Some other things but very small. No new Steam achievements.

What's cool - I have audio dialogs in English and Polish, I play my games mostly in English versions. I don't have to read subtitles and some dialogues, like radio transmissions in Polish, you have to catch fast - so better be quick reader. I almost  feel sorry for all non-polish players.

Livonia. The feeling is so familiar, all this terrain, colors, even the weather setup feels like Poland. It's like I play in my backyard. I can't find any other game on a market now, that would give my this.

The light settings are boosted somehow or just very effective night weather settings used. The way how lights reflect from surfaces, I didn't know that Arma3 and my old gpu can do that things!

Spectrum device - great fun and I see some new modules in editor (not sure are those for this device), this can be very interesting... haven't play with it yet.

The map with a flashlight like in ACE! OMG Thank you for this!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mmm said:

So now it's released, anyone mind telling me what's the campaign look like?

Over the top, heavily scripted linear, 4 hour long non persistent 1 man army missions separated by a few loading screens, with some "alien" plot devices?

Or, surprise me, it's actually somehow non-linear open world, giving you freedom of going your objective from solo 1 man army to miniature combined arms company with fixed wing air?

I haven't played the whole campaign yet, but it's pretty much option one, the, "Over the top, heavily scripted linear, 4 hour long non persistent 1 man army missions separated by a few loading screens, with some "alien" plot devices?".

It's still a good campaign, but definitely not a combined arms/open world campaign. 

There are already videos on youtube of the campaign, so just check them out, and see for yourself. 

So there are only 3 extraterastial drones i can see in the editor?  Where are the big extraterstrial shown in the promo pictures?..

In the editor i can only see 3 alien drones

RX5z2H9.jpg

@ Glow hahaha exactly my thoughts about the intro...love it but I guess any complete new Arma player wil be lost after the first minutes 🙂 

Also I absolutely agree about the terrain, again it feels like the real world thing...I guess this one contains a lot of Ivan Buchta magic. 

The main plotline of course is straight forward and scripted...and yes it is somekind of one man army missions supported by animated cutscenes BUT it  comes with enough open world gameplay especially when it comes to stealth approaches. There is also a lot optional stuff to discover from hidden gear, background dialogues, news, notes and maps, small camps in the woods to even nice small firefights against the looters ( stuff that is completely optional and you probably will miss if you just rush through). As I said before...playing with eddy is super fun...

...still giggling about the screwdriver dialogue during the intro at Lousiana 🙂 

• Like 2

The Female russian voice at the end is interesting......

On 7/26/2019 at 3:10 PM, Glow said:

Swearing Scottish - more than Pols - hard to believe, it's just immersion braking for me.

I haven't even looked at, let alone played, any of the scenario content but as a Scot, and a resident of the city of Glasgow where the C-word is used as punctuation, I can *guarantee* the game massively undersells the natural sweariness of my people..:D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Has anyone else noticed that the probe on the new UGV kinda sorta doubles as a robotic melee weapon...May or may not have discovered this while doing some overly aggressive probing 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Who can explain to me why in the initial images of the Contact DLC there was an air tube connecting the face mask with the respirator unit like this:

arma3_contact_screenshot_07.jpg

And now when i check it out myself in the arsenal it is not there???

4 hours ago, Foxone said:

Who can explain to me why in the initial images of the Contact DLC there was an air tube connecting the face mask with the respirator unit like this:

And now when i check it out myself in the arsenal it is not there???

To show the hose connected to the mask, put this into the unit's init.

(backpackContainer this) setObjectTexture [1,"a3\supplies_f_enoch\bags\data\b_cur_01_co.paa"];

(backpackContainer this) setObjectTexture [2,"a3\supplies_f_enoch\bags\data\b_cur_01_co.paa"];

To hide the filter on the NATO mask.

this linkItem "G_AirPurifyingRespirator_01_nofilter_F";

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, stburr91 said:

To show the hose connected to the mask, put this into the unit's init.

(backpackContainer this) setObjectTexture [1,"a3\supplies_f_enoch\bags\data\b_cur_01_co.paa"];

(backpackContainer this) setObjectTexture [2,"a3\supplies_f_enoch\bags\data\b_cur_01_co.paa"];

To hide the filter on the NATO mask.

this linkItem "G_AirPurifyingRespirator_01_nofilter_F";

Thanks!!

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 3:10 PM, Glow said:

Livonia. The feeling is so familiar, all this terrain, colors, even the weather setup feels like Poland. It's like I play in my backyard. I can't find any other game on a market now, that would give my this..

Yes the Livonia map is beautiful rolling countryside with rivers and factories, it's so good it's almost photo-realistic..:)

There's been a King of the Hill Livonia server up for a few weeks and I go in sometimes  but there's usually not many people in there because they haven't got the Contact DLC, so I've got the whole country of Livonia to myself and a few friends..:)

• Like 2