EO

Arma 3 DLC - CONTACT

1 hour ago, stburr91 said:

Didn't they say that about the Laws of War campaign? Some people were saying they finished LoW campaign in well under 2 hours.

Dunno.

Maybe some people like rushing a game or a campaign.

On a personnal note, I prefer taking my time.

• Like 3

Anyway, no information about the time of release?

57 minutes ago, Wiki said:

Anyway, no information about the time of release?

At the top of this blog you will find a counter: https://bulvar.epj.cz/

4 hours ago, Glow said:

At the top of this blog you will find a counter: https://bulvar.epj.cz/

I would have my doubts that the counter is correct, that would put the release at the end of the business day EST. Wouldn't that be pretty late into the evening in the Czech Republic?

BTW: The forums here have been pretty dead, you wouldn't think there was an expansion about to release.

4 hours ago, stburr91 said:

I would have my doubts that the counter is correct,

Yeah, that's not an official counter. I have the feeling that historically with Arma updates, only the date is promised, but not the time. I will just be released at sometime during the day, when BI has everything dialed in correctly.

• Like 1

Steams says about 9 hours for the release. I just want the free content.

45 minutes ago, joostsidy said:

Yeah, that's not an official counter. I have the feeling that historically with Arma updates, only the date is promised, but not the time. I will just be released at sometime during the day, when BI has everything dialed in correctly.

Evening... most likely 👽 They come at night.

• Like 2

Hi all - I'm currently on the Dev branch - anyone know if the DLC will drop onto that too or do I need to switch to "normal"?

cheers

7 minutes ago, petek said:

Hi all - I'm currently on the Dev branch - anyone know if the DLC will drop onto that too or do I need to switch to "normal"?

cheers

On both

52 minutes ago, Wiki said:

On both

Cheers mate

1 bug so far (the exit after off the UGV there is a soldier tha force you to crouch for walk), 
but very RPG very funny .
I repeat  again a lot of stuff for a marvellous endgame PVP  

Sorry if this question has already been asked, but what's up with not having any air tubes from some of the air filter backpacks. Will these be added in in the future? I ask because you can see the tubes in the contact trailer. But I cant see them ingame.image0.jpgarma_cbrn1.png

Just started the campaign and played to mission three, i was a bit overloaded with all the transmitter stuff, but it seems cool. also the island is pretty nice.

One thing that really bugs me, - Contact DLC, marketing seems like there should be aliens in in the DLC. or did i just missunderstood the point of it  ?

pretty dissapointed about that right now.

1 hour ago, MrSplendid said:

Just started the campaign and played to mission three, i was a bit overloaded with all the transmitter stuff, but it seems cool. also the island is pretty nice.

One thing that really bugs me, - Contact DLC, marketing seems like there should be aliens in in the DLC. or did i just missunderstood the point of it  ?

pretty dissapointed about that right now.

Just alien tech at a glance it seems - you are mostly paying for a new story campaign and an island.

Don't get me wrong the alien entities are neat-o, but...yeah.

On 7/23/2019 at 12:01 PM, stburr91 said:

Wow, there is almost 5 minutes of that, I couldn't take any more after about 15 seconds.

Here's a much better fan made video. While I generally don't like the quick cut editing style, this one is pretty decent.

The more time I spent on Livonia, the more I grew to like it. With that said, without a doubt, the worst part of Livonia is the "old school A2/Dayz" feel of the ported structures. If they would have made all new structures to the Arma 3 standards, with the A3 art style, Livonia would be so much better.

yeah i get what your saying for sure 

I thought this Contact stuff was optional.

Is  the new drone able to go up stairs?

19 minutes ago, r71 said:

Is  the new drone able to go up stairs?

Yes, the new UGV is able to go up stairs.

• Like 1

Once again great production value..fantastic voice acting...nice well integrated  cut scenes..much love for small details and background lore, very good level design....using the robot and the device is great fun..but there is still enough pew pew and military gameplay ....also some good working stealth gameplay...sound design is brilliant...love the map ( and yes some of the DayZ content really needs a bit of polish but this is not really game or immersion breaking stuff....

really enjoying the campaign  so far ( played to mission 4)

with all the sanndbox content this is an absolute fantastic Addon/DLC and must have for me..big thx for bringing such a large piece of content six years after release ...amazing !!!

thx a lot 🙂

• Like 5

Good dlc but one hardcore problem … We cant use contact aliens in mp ???? I mean I make some script where u can fly alien ship and fight whith it but only in sp or editor I think we deserver sandbox for alien asset as well.

link to alpha acces to flyable alien ship https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1815321466

I just realized that the terrain and the assets are free to use without owning the Contact DLC. After i refunded the DLC, because i was hoping for more alien stuff i bought it again.

Great buisness model which i will support...! Thx for the great campaign and free stuff.

• Like 1

So now it's released, anyone mind telling me what's the campaign look like?

Over the top, heavily scripted linear, 4 hour long non persistent 1 man army missions separated by a few loading screens, with some "alien" plot devices?

Or, surprise me, it's actually somehow non-linear open world, giving you freedom of going your objective from solo 1 man army to miniature combined arms company with fixed wing air?

47 minutes ago, mmm said:

So now it's released, anyone mind telling me what's the campaign look like?

Over the top, heavily scripted linear, 4 hour long non persistent 1 man army missions separated by a few loading screens, with some "alien" plot devices?

Or, surprise me, it's actually somehow non-linear open world, giving you freedom of going your objective from solo 1 man army to miniature combined arms company with fixed wing air?

a mix of rpg ( a lot RPG) and tactical shooter, need more mocap for me

9 minutes ago, zukov said:

a mix of rpg ( a lot RPG) and tactical shooter, need more mocap for me

Well RPG could mean a lot of things... Next to "action adventure". Care to elaborate? Is there dialogue wheel now, or you have "stats" and "level"(lol I doubt)?

Or maybe I should just wait for a few days for some gameplay video... It would seem the bulk of their offering is SP campaign this time around and I'm undecided whether it's worth it.